Somin's fear

Love Game

DING DONG!

Hwangbo opened the door to find Somin standing outside “Somin-ah…hi..” she managed to say

“Unnie…I need to talk to you” Somin said,urgency evident in her voice

“Sure sure…come in” Hwangbo invited her in.Somin entered and took a seat in the living room. Hwangbo got her a glass of water and she gulped it down fast. “Now tell me”

“Unnie…I am confused”

“About what?”

“Hyunjoong…is…so complex. I cant understand him. Everytime I think I have figured him out he does something and leaves me totally dumbfounded”

“But isn’t that thrilling?”

“It probably was…initially,but not now. Now…it’s…scary”

“Scary? Why what happened?”

“There has been a huge controversy regarding the drama…you might know…the station has suddenly decided to stop airing it”

“De…ara”

“So we are all very stressed out about it…” Somin went onto narrate the morning’s incident—how Hyunjoong was totally ignorant while they navigated through the forums. “I mean I can’t believe he was reading manga amidst such a serious situation! I don’t understand him…and how can I spend my life with a person I don’t understand?”she buried her face in her hands in exasperation

“There…there…Somin” Hwangbo patted her back

“Ottoke unnie! My entire life I have been dreaming to be with him…but now…when I finally am…I dunno if I really want this” Somin said,almost tearful

“Did you talk to Hyunjoong about this?” Hwangbo inquired.

“I told him how can you read mange when we are navigating the forums…but he didn’t answer”

“Somin….with Hyunjoong have to be very patient…he isn’t very open”

“But unnie I am going to be his wife! How can he not be open with me!”

“Exactly! It’s because you are going to be his wife you have to understand!” Hwangbo pointed out. Somin was surprised at her words and looked at her attentively. “Somin if it was someone else…this complaint about him would have been valid. You are going to be his wife…if he cant talk to you openly about everything then you have to make him!” Hwangbo scrutinized somin’s expression to see if she was getting her point. Somin got a new point of view from Hwangbo but was still having confusion. “Somin…none’s perfect…Hyunjoong might look perfect but he has his faults and if you’re gonna spend your life with him you have to learn to deal with them”

Somin finally understood and nodded

“You cant just come around knocking and crying ‘Unnie help me!’. If this goes on I’ll give you adverse advices and marry Hyunjoong myself!”

“Ani ani!” Somin cried out in panic. Hwangbo laughed at her comical expression

“Wait here abit..” Hwangbo told her and rose up and went into her bedroom. Few moments later she came out holding her camera. “Here” she handed her handycam to Somin

Somin took it but she had no idea what to do with it so she looked at Hwangbo blankly.

“I think the root of your fear lies in the fact that you seriously doubt Hyunjoong’s sincerity” Hwangbo tried to explain. Seeing Somin open to protest she held up her hand and continied “I am not saying you doubt him Somin…what I am trying to say is…you are still living in the fear that maybe Hyunjoong’s proposal was an act of his flickering mind…and that he jumped into it…and now you’re afraid that if ever you fail to keep him happy or do something that might upset him…he’ll leave you”

Somin was surprised. This was exactly what her heart was fearing but was not admitting it! It was as if Hwangbo had pulled her fear out of the darkest corner of her heart and showed it to Somin

“Unnie…how did..you know?” Somin asked,completely awestruck.

“Benefits of being a senior! You know stuff!” Hwangbo laughed,shrugging her shoulders.

“You’re amazing!”

“I know” Hwangbo winked and the two ladies laughed. “Anyways…I want you to go home and see this”

“What’s in here?”

“Hyunjoong’s confession at the airport. I filmed it. Watch it and I think it’ll help erase your fear”

Somin looked at the handycam in her hands thoughtfully and nodded. “Kumawo unnie” she said and left