care to listen?

Love Game

Somin couldn’t control herself, she opened the door again and found Hyunjoong staring at the video—his face looked sad-- and then she heard it again,another sniff

“Hyunjoong-ah?”

Hyunjoong turned quickly in surprise flipping shut his laptop.

“Ah! Cute AD!” Hyunjoong tried to sound his usual cheery self but the lump in his throat prohibited him from faking. He quickly turned away,his back facing Somin.

“So how did you like the concert?” Hyunjoong tried to divert the topic.

“You miss them don’t you?”

Hyunjoong didn’t answer.

“Then why did SS501 break up?”

“WE DIDN’T BREAKUP! SS501 HAS NOT DISBANDED!” Hyunjoong shouted.He had stood up and was breathing heavily but his back still faced Somin

As for Somin Hyunjoong’s sudden outburst took her totally by surprise. She was tongue-tied.

After a while Hyunjoong relaxed. He closed his eyes and let out a heavy sigh. He finally turned to face Somin “I’m sorry” he said in a low tone “but please get one thing—SS501 hasn’t broken up.”

“I’m sorry but I didn’t mean it that way” Somin finally managed to say.”What I tried to mean is….I dunno how to say this…you might think I’m a weirdo”

Hyunjoong gave out a sad chuckle “You cant be more weird than me…I’m the 4D king!”

Somin smiled slightly “You-you are doing great as a solo artist” she seemed hesitant as she tried to make Hyunjoong understand “but somehow you…..”

“I what?” Hyunjoong looked at her intently with crooked eyebrows

“You don’t seem happy like before” Somin finally said

Hyunjoong eyes grew big.

“I dunno….but I always felt you seemed happier as SS501’s leader than as a solo artist“

Hyunjoong didn’t utter a single word. He just listened to somin with utmost attention

“and today seeing you like this” Somin choked alittle “I think I was right and if it’s really like that why did you part with the boys? You called them your brothers right? Then why did you left your brothers alone?”

Hyunjoong continued to remain silent.But now he wasn’t even looking at Somin. His eyes were fixed to the ground.

“Well I guess it’s your issue…I’m none to intervene. I shouldn’t have interfered. Ji-jisohmhida” Somin bowed and left closing the door behind her

“Took you long enough” Dong Sun called out as he saw Somin approaching

“Mi-mianhe…network problem” Somin replied looking away.

Dong Sun sensed something wrong “Somin-sshi kinchana?” he asked,concerned.

“I-I’m okay” Somin tried to brush off the sad face of Hyunjoong she witnessed a while ago but it still remained.

“Well….actually I worked abit on the script while you were away and I think it now looks fine. So I guess you can go home now”

“Kure”

“Here’s tomorrow’s script” Dong Sun handed out the pen drive. “ I haven’t got my car today otherwise I’d have dropped you”

“Ah no need. I’ll get a taxi”

“Then let me grab one for you…afterall I’m the one who got you late. If something happens to you,your granny will chase me with a broom” Dong Sun joked. Somin smiled alittle.

They left the studio together. Just as they were about to cross the road a black sedan stopped infront of them.

“Need a ride home Dong Sun-nim?” Hyunjoong asked pulling down the car window.

“Oh Hyunjoong-ah! You came out just now?” Dong Sun asked in surprise

“Yeah. Fell asleep in the changing room” Hyunjoong lied.

“Well my apartment is 10mins walk from here so I don’t need a ride but could you drop your cute AD here?” dong Sun pointed to Somin

“Sure” Hyunjoong nodded

“You’re off then Somin” Dong Sun opened the door for her and signaled her to get in. Somin was abit hesitant to get in but she couldn’t refuse Dong Sun so she got in.Dong Sun waved at them as Hyunjoong drove away

 It was a totally silent drive. Both of them were hesitant to talk to the other.They soon reached Somin’s house and Hyunjoong parked in front of their house.

“I-I’ll be going then…Thanks for the ride” Somin bowed slightly and unlocked her door to get out

“Somin-sshi?”

Somin froze. It was the first time Hyunjoong said her name.The sound gave her goosebumps.She turned towards him.He was looking straight into her eyes.

“I know it’s already very late but do you have some minutes to spare?” Hyunjoong said. His voice was sad and somewhat pleading.

Somin thought for a while and finally nodded. Hyunjoong smiled slightly and turned around his car.