The truth of Ssangchu Couple I

Love Game

Somin lay wide awake on her bed. So much has happened but what occupied her thoughts most was the fact Hyunjoong knew about Jungmin’s feelings and yet he didn’t warn her in anyway. If he did she could have toned down her actions towards Jungmin so that they wouldn’t have been misleading like it is now. How could he do this? Why didn’t he tell her? It was as if she was betrayed again. First Haera betrayed her when she accepted Hyunjoong’s proposal inspite of knowing that Somin had feelings for him and now Hyunjoong betrayed her.

♫ High, high, high, high Modu ddwieo in the sky Shake it, shake it Shake shake it, shake it, hey High, high, high, high Jeonbu itgo in the sky Shake it, shake it Shake shake it, shake it, hey ♫

Somin gritted her teeth in fury. “I have to change my ringtone!” She was so pissed with Hyunjoong that she didn’t even want to hear his songs! She rose up in irritation and picked up her phone from the bedside table. It was from an unknown number. Somin looked up at the clock—it was almost 11pm. Who could be calling her at this hour?

“Yabuseyo” she answered the call

“Somin this is Hwangbo. Did I wake you?”

“Ani unnie” Somin said as she stifled about to sit more comfortably “to be honest given my present state of mind I wonder if I’ll be able to sleep at all tonight” Somin sighed rubbing her eyes lightly.

“So have you decided on anything?” Hwangbo asked Somin kept quiet.Honestly she didn’t know what to say—she could not imagine herself with anyone other than Hyunjoong but then again Hyunjoong has turned out quite different from what she thought him to be. Hwangbo felt restless by Somin’s silence “Somin-ah…you love Hyunjoong na?”

“Unnie….you also love him right?” Somin asked. For some strange reason talking to hwangbo over the phone was much more easier for Somin than talking one-o-one with her and that’s why she was able to ask her such a direct question.

Now it was Hwangbo’s to be silent

“Unnie I have seen you two on WGM and I have seen other couples too. Others looked like they were faking it but with you two…..I saw true care and affection in your eyes”

Hwangbo didn’t say anything. After a while Somin heard her heavy sigh

“Yes…. I loved Hyunjoong but then I grew up” Hwangbo said

“Huh? Wha-what are trying to say?”

“You are right I really loved him ”

Somin felt a lump in . Though she’s the one who brought upon this topic she really didn’t want to hear it. She was angry at Hyunjoong but still the thought that of him with other women pained her. Somin calmed herself—this is a fact she has to live with. What is more important is the problem at hand,the messy situation she’s in right now

“You know I always thought of him as a dongsaeng,more as a kid…but in reality….it turned out among the two of us he’s the more matured one” Hwangbo continued “Hyunjoong understood that we couldn’t be together and came in terms with it…..I knew too but I didn’t want to accept it. After WGM got over all the other couples kept in touch.Many couples had collaborations as well.We wanted too but for Hyunjoong his bandmates were always priority one. He didn’t want to enforce his wish on the rest of SS. So we never collaborated but we stayed in touch. But what changed things is when people started asking us.”

Somin was listening to Hwangbo’s words attentively

“I always was truthful,I cared for him and I said so. Hyunjoong did too. But in one of his fanmeet he was asked to choose between TripleS and me. He responded saying he loved us both” Hwangbo chuckled remembering. “But the response wasn’t good—many fans were angry." 

Somin tried to recall and she remembered the special 'UR Man' showcase. The fans did seem alittle offended.

"Then there was this fashion show where we both had to walk the ramp." Hwangbo went on "I was very excited as it was the first time I was going to see him after WGM. I was happy,excited and at the same time tensed and nervous. We almost arrived simultaneously. I saw him coming down from the car, I waved at him  but he didn’t look. I thought maybe he didn’t see me. So I didn’t bother and went to change. We were busy with the designer and the dresses but once while running to and fro we bumped into one another in the corridor. I thought we would finally get to talk but he just bowed saying ‘sorry’ and walked away”

“Huh? Wh-why?” Somin was confused

“That’s what I thought too.I felt furious at his behavior and unbelievably hurt. Thankfully none of this was captured by any camera and I decided to avoid him for the rest of the show. After the show got over I returned and drunk-dialled him”