Lies

The competition

 

“Do you want to try thome of my bubble tea?” Sehun asked with a smile. His heart warmed as he watched the glowing smile spread across Luhan’s face as the elder nodded rapidly in excitement. Sehun slid his drink across the smooth wooden surface, flicking the straw around so that it was facing Luhan. Luhan wrapped his lips around his lips around the straw and took a deep mouthful of the bubble tea.

“Mmm.” He said as he pushed the drink back to Sehun with a smile. “That was really yummy Sehun-ah.” Sehun felt his heart flutter and bounce at the informal way in which Luhan had addressed him. “Do you want some of mine too?”

In his mind Sehun was yelling yes! But he didn’t want to come across weird so simply grinned and nodded. As he took the straw his heart began to palpitate, Luhan had drunk from this straw, from this very straw! He calmed his heart and told his head to shut up, he was being silly. He sipped the bubble tea and the fusion of rich chocolate and tangy orange burst into his mouth, having a party on his tongue. “Wow, Luhan thith ith really yummy!” Sehun exclaimed as he passed it back. “Oh! How about if we mix the two?” Luhan cocked his head to the side, his eyes wide and questioning yet still excited. “Mrth Choi, could we have another two thtrawth pleathe?” Sehun asked the kind old woman he had grown to truly care for. A moment later she was there with a grin, handing over a blue and a green straw, she handed the green immediately and kindly offered the blue to Luhan who took it with a smile.

“I haven’t seen you here with Sehun before. What’s your name dear?” Mrs Choi asked, her eyes bright and twinkling.

“My name is Luhan, it’s nice to meet you.” Luhan said with another polite bow.

“Now there’s no need to bow dear.” Mrs Choi chuckled. “I’ll let you two get back to your date then.” Before Sehun could correct her she was waddling away to the counter, looking over her shoulder only briefly to wink a single rough brown eye. Sehun froze a little in his seat, and by the looks of it Luhan had too. Sehun coughed lightly and lifted the corner of his mouth slightly.

“Umm..” He began awkwardly. “Tho, thith game then. Now I thought that we could each have two thtrawth, one in each drink and we can have both at the thame time.” Sehun suggested with an impish smile.

“Oo, yeah, let’s do that it sounds delicious.” Luhan quickly put his second straw into Sehun’s drink, bringing the glasses together before he started slurping down the drinks.

“Y-yah.” Sehun stuttered, shocked at Luhan’s speed. “Wait!” Luhan showed no signs of stopping so Sehun hurriedly grabbed his straw and copied the elder. The cool bubbly mixture slid deliciously down his throat, the perfect combination of chocolate, banana, orange and fudge. The light and fruity flavours of the fruit blended with the sweet, heavy flavours of the chocolate and fudge, in Sehun’s mind, it was yum.

Suddenly the smooth flow of bubble tea into his mouth stopped and only a dribble was making its way past his lips. He spluttered slightly at the lack of both oxygen and bubble tea, he needed at least one of those to survive. His eyelids fluttered as he looked up to see what was wrong. His heart stopped. Perfect, snow white fingers were looped around his two straws, holding them closed. Knuckles pink at the fingers clutched tightly. Looking up higher he saw Luhan’s face, barely two inches from his own. The boy’s lantern like eyes were focused down on his drink, his dark eyelashes splayed out across his fair cheek bones which were scattered with pink. His cute lips were pursed around his straw as he held back a giggle and continued to drink while Sehun was stuck speechless and drink less.

Seeming to notice the lack of resistance from Sehun, who was having difficulty breathing at the sight, Luhan looked up. His wide orbs glistened with quiet joy. The rich brown was mellow and deep, swirling in feeling, the reduced embers of the fire glowing from the whites of his eyes, illuminating their beauty further. His small, slightly pointed nose curled cutely as he smiled, his milky teeth peeking through between his pink lips. Sehun fought back his instinct to leap back to tend to his crazy heart, keeping his head where it was and smiling back at Luhan.

A moment later Luhan slipped his two straws between his upper lip and his teeth, letting them hang as he said, “I’m a walrus.” Sehun burst into chuckles, his eyes creasing up as he clapped his hands, having to lean his forehead down onto the table to stop his streaming tears. Luhan laughed along with him, his tinkering laugh lifting Sehun above the clouds as far as happiness was concerned. He slipped his own straws under his lip before lifting his head from the table and posing for Luhan. A flash. A giggle. Luhan had taken a photo, and for once Sehun didn’t even care. The two of them laughed even harder as one of Sehun’s straws or ‘fangs’ slipped from his mouth into his tea, slashing the drink up into his face.

“Pleaugh.” Sehun spat, as he shook his head wildly.

“Hold still.” Sehun heard as he felt soft, warm fingers grazing his cheeks. Luhan wiped a napkin over his face, his touch so gentle that Sehun could barely feel the feather light fingers. Luhan withdrew his fingers with a smile, “There, all clean Sehun-ah.”

“Shall we go for a walk Luhan?” Sehun suggested as they finished off their bubble teas. Luhan looked up with bright eyes, “Sure!”

Sehun stood up from his chair and draped his coat over his arm as he strolled over to Mrs Choi. He leant over the counter and wrapped his arms around her shoulders, embracing her tightly and taking in the smell of lavender that he had come to associate with her, with home. With a light kiss to her cheek he pulled back to see her toothy smile, her wisdom filled eyes agleam. “I’ll be back thoon Mrth Choi. Give me a ring if you need any help around here.” He said with a smile. She grinned back and nodded, ruffling his hair as usual.

“I will Dear, take care of yourself.” She said. Sehun nodded before looking to Luhan and leading them out of the café.

Sehun drew in a chilling breath as they stepped out into the cold, the icy air slid painfully down his throat, feeling like knives being raked down his trachea. He swallowed a few times to relieve the pain and turned to Luhan with a smile. Sehun could feel his own arms beginning to freeze as his fingers rapidly became stiff and useless. Before he lost all feeling he lifted his coat from his arm and hooked it around Luhan’s shoulder. Sehun had extremely bad circulation, it was the most prominent and hazardous in his extremities but he suffered from it all over. He felt the cold like no one else, sure it didn’t help that he was so skinny and that ice seemed to just absorb through his skin and into his organs, but that wasn’t the only reason. He had just always been like that. But even knowing this he handed his coat to Luhan, Luhan was more important. He made sure that the coat was securely around the elder’s shoulders with a smile, trying to ignore the stabbing pains on his exposed arms that were spreading slowly through his entire body.

“Don’t you need your coat Sehun?” Luhan asked with wide eyes. Even with his question it was clear by his expression that he was elated to have been given the coat as he nuzzled into it cutely. Sehun smiled at him and started walking along the road, stuffing his numb fingers into his jean pockets.

“It’s fine Luhan, I don’t need it.” He replied. Lies, lies lies, Sehun why are you lying? He pushed the memory of his five year old self in hospital with pneumonia from his head.

Luhan needs it more.

…Lies… 

To be continued...again... ^w^

Sorry that it's short but I wanted to update tonight. There will be more on this bit don't worry :3 It makes me laugh that I don't even like reading fluff that much, i like angst more, yet it's all I seem to be able to write :3 Anyway, yeah... :)