Bubble tea

The competition

“We look tho cool!” Squealed Sehun. The six boys were stood in the practice room looking at their reflections. It was the day before their performance and Baekhyun was feeling good about it. They had practiced so many times that he was sure he could dance and sing it in his sleep. He and Kyungsoo had spent their entire Saturday finding outfits for everyone and although they had complained that they were doing so much work they loved it really. The time they spent altering the clothes and adding accessories had really paid off however because the six figures looking back at him in the mirror were gorgeous.

Kai was wearing the most incredible silver trousers, they hung low to his knees at the crotch and looked as though they had been swathed in tin foil and interspersed with black. He also wore a shimmery silver tank top with two strips of chord running across his chest. Chanyeol was dressed entirely in black, from his skinny jeans to his leather, sleeveless jacket. The only interruption from the dark being the carefully styled silver studs adorning some of his accessories. Sehun had on black skinny jeans that hugged his legs and a white tank top, topped with a silvery white jacket which also had silver studs spread upon it along the collar. Kyungsoo wore skinny jeans as well but they were a mix of dark colours, shot through with silver, a black t-shirt and a black leather jacket. Suho was similarly dressed in skinny, dark coloured army jeans with a black jacket. The jacket was edged with black fringing which was flung around dramatically when he danced. Baekhyun was dressed much alike the maknae. He wore grey skinny jeans with a silvery blue t-shirt, topped with a fine cut white jacket that was littered with glittering silver studs. The whole look was meant to be spacey and mystical to both reflect the lyrics of their song and to also catch the judges’ attention. Baekhyun loved all of their outfits and was really impressed with how good it made them all look.

“Well done Kyung, well done Baek, the outfits are awesome.” Kai said with a slap on Baekhyun’s back. Baekhyun groaned and rubbed at the sting on his lower back, glaring at Kai. Kai had hit that spot that when it gets his is incredibly painful. He heard a similar grumble of pain coming from Kai’s other side and was sure that Kyungsoo had gotten the same treatment. Kai just grinned at the two of them. Baekhyun leaned around Kai and winked at Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo smirked and nodded in reply. Holding his hand just out from his side Baekhyun counted down from three with his fingers. As his last finger was folded into his palm he and Kyungsoo lunged at the same time. Kyungsoo pushed on Kai’s shoulders while Baekhyun held his feet together so that he couldn’t balance himself. Kai toppled to the ground and Kyungsoo straddled his chest, holding his hands above his head.

“Get him Baek.” Kyungsoo said. Baekhyun didn’t need to be told twice and began attacking Kai’s side with tickles. Kai started laughing uncontrollably as he wiggled to get away but Kyungsoo and Baekhyun had had this technique perfected from since they were 10 years old. Kyungsoo had Kai held in such a way that his upper body was totally incapacitated while Baekhyun sat on his legs to keep him from kicking and tickled him relentlessly.

“B-Baek…stop….ehehe...stop...p-please….ahh.” Kai giggled, trying to speak through his laughter. Baekhyun just laughed at him and continued to tickle.

“Nope, never.” He replied with an evil grin. He saw his words punctuated with effect when Kyungsoo stuck his tongue out at Kai. Kai’s face was contorted with laughter and he was wheezing by that point.

“K-Kyung…if you…don’t s-stop….then…no… for…a…w-week.” Kai panted out, choking out his words over his own giggles. Baekhyun heard gasps from behind him and whipped his head around to see Chanyeol, Suho and Sehun all sporting the same expression of mouths hung open and eyes spread to double their size. Baekhyun chuckled at their reaction but felt some shuffling in front of him and turned back to face Kyungsoo’s neck. Well, he would have had he not been faced with the sight of Kyungsoo jumping off of Kai faster than he thought the boy was even able to move. Kyungsoo had suddenly somehow turned into a ninja at the mere thought of having withheld from him. Baekhyun began chuckling again until he realised that he was now sat on Kai’s legs with no Kyungsoo holding Kai down. Kai lifted himself up onto his elbows and Baekhyun felt his eyes widen and his face drop as Kai smirked evilly at him.

Baekhyun slid backwards slowly, as though Kai were a small animal he was trying not to startle, off of Kai’s legs. Kai stood up just as slowly, his eyes locked on Baekhyun as Baekhyun backed away from him.

“Your turn.” Kai growled menacingly before lunging forwards for Baekhyun. Baekhyun shrieked but managed to dodge Kai’s body, hurtling towards him. He spun on his heel and fled the room, screaming and giggling as he ran. His breathing quickened along with his heart rate as he sprinted through the deserted corridors. He had skidded around four corners before he was back to the corridor that their dance studio was in. Kai was only meters behind at this point and was calling nonstop that he would catch him. Baekhyun flung the door open and sprinted through the door laughing.

“Whoa!” He exclaimed as he slipped over onto his bum on the waxed, wooden floor. He heard Kai running into the room and looked over his shoulder. However rather than an seeing an angry Kai leaning over him he saw an angry Kai being restrained by Chanyeol. Chanyeol was smiling with his long fingers wrapped around Kai’s upper arms, holding him in place, he winked at Baekhyun as Kai struggled.

“You really think you’re getting my Hyunnie? The only one who gets to tickle him is me.” Said Chanyeol with a crazy, wide grin.   Kai pouted and his posture flopped as he nodded. Baekhyun giggled and lay down on the wood, closing his eyes with a hand pressed to his chest, trying to get his breath back.

“Ya, get over it.” He heard Kyungsoo say to Kai.

“But Kyung you ganged up on me.” Kai replied, his pout could be heard clearly in his voice.

“Let it go and I’ll make it up to you.” Kyungsoo said, almost whispering, but Baekhyun still heard. Luckily the next part of their conversation was blocked out when Baekhyun became distracted by the shadow that suddenly fell across his face. He cracked one eyelid open to see Sehun leaning above him with his hands resting on his knees for balance. Sehun grinned and crinkled up his eyes adorably in the process.

“Hyung, after we get changed we’re going to go and get bubble tea. You’ll come right?” Sehun asked, bouncing with excitement. Baekhyun wondered how he had managed to say two sentences without the letter S, did he do it on purpose? Baekhyun thought that that might be possible. Baekhyun smiled at the maknae.

“Of course Sehun-ah.” Sehun grinned even wider at this and offered Baekhyun his hand. Baekhyun gladly took it as he was hoisted up off of the floor. The six boys changed quickly, careful not to ruin their costumes in any way as they hung them onto some hangers and left them in the cupboard in the studio’s changing room.   

Twenty minutes later Baekhyun found himself dressed normally again and stood in the queue at their favourite bubble tea shop with Sehun. He already knew the other four’s favourite flavours and it was his turn to order them. The maknae however always had to come and order as well because he was choosing a new favourite flavour every week and needed the chance to peruse the menu. They reached the counter after about 5 minutes of waiting and Baekhyun smiled politely at the kind looking ajuma before rattling off the list of five drinks. Once he had said them all he turned to Sehun.

“What do you want this week Sehun-ah.” Baekhyun asked.

“Err.” Sehun looked at Baekhyun with a frown before looking worriedly at the cashier. She smiled at him as he became flustered and Baekhyun couldn’t help but think that he looked like a floppy bunny caught in headlights.

“Don’t worry dear.” She said with a warm voice, “Take as long as you need to choose, you can’t be hasty when it comes to bubble tea flavours.” Sehun’s face lit up as he grinned at her before he went back to the menu, chewing on his lower lip as he decided.

“Hyung, I want coffee.” He said after a few minutes. Baekhyun was confused and felt himself frown up at his maknae.

“Sehun-ah I thought you wanted bubble tea, didn’t you?” Baekhyun asked in confusion. Sehun rolled his eyes and sighed comically at him while shaking his head. Baekhyun felt as though he was missing something.

“No, no, no hyung. I want coffee flavoured bubble tea.” Sehun said as though it was obvious, and Baekhyun realised with a light blush that it was. As he ordered the coffee bubble tea along with the previous five he was struck again by how Sehun had managed to speak entirely without using an S.

Once the tray was slid across the counter Sehun swiped up his own bubble tea, leaving Baekhyun to carry the other five as he happily on his straw.

“Psh, making your hyung do all the work.” Baekhyun mumbled as he picked up the tray. Sehun just stuck his tongue out, grinning, before going back to his straw. Baekhyun slid into the booth alongside Chanyeol and Sehun sat next to him. Kai, Kyungsoo and Suho were sat opposite them. Baekhyun handed out the bubble teas and began to drink his own peach bubble tea. Chanyeol stretched his arm around his shoulders and Baekhyun smiled, shifting closer and nestling against his side. Baekhyun felt Chanyeol rest his cheek against his head and he sight contentedly. Chanyeol brought his bubble tea up to Baekhyun’s mouth and he slurped happily at it, revelling in the feeling and taste as the flavour burst over his tongue. He his lips and grinned before holding his own up for Chanyeol to try. He looked up to his beautiful boyfriend and felt his heart swell. Chanyeol leant down and they shared a soft, gentle kiss, mixing the flavours of their bubble tea to create a new and wonderful taste.

“Eugh.” Suho grumbled. “Baek, Chan, your soppy, cutesy, cheesy stuff is nearly as bad as Kai and Kyungsoo and their constant .” Baekhyun frowned and pouted. He looked over at Kyungsoo who had broken away from a heated kiss with Kai, withdrawing his hand from where it was rising dangerously far up Kai’s thigh. Kyungsoo held an expression like Baekhyun’s, both looking liked kicked puppies. Baekhyun glanced at Suho and got an idea. He tilted his head slightly in Suho’s direction so that Kyungsoo could see and winked. Kyungsoo grinned and nodded.

“So Suho…” Kyungsoo started.

“We really do love your unicorn boxers. Where did you get them? Wasn’t it at mysticalcreaturesstuff.com?” Suho turned beetroot red.

“Yeah, Baek I think it was. Oh guys I have a picture if you want to see?” Kyungsoo asked innocently.

“Oh you must see it guys, I mean, I really want a pair.” Baekhyun said with a serious expression, trying to hold in his giggles. He had almost died with laughter when Kyungsoo had shown him the photo; they were even worse than he had thought when Kyungsoo had described them.  

“N-no!” Suho nearly yelled as Kyungsoo tugged his phone out of his pocket. “Err let’s say fighting for luck or tomorrow.” Suho suggested in an urgent attempt to change the subject. Baekhyun and Kyungsoo just laughed but nodded as they all put their hands into the middle. They all grasped hands and then lifted them up as they yelled fighting. Baekhyun grinned and snuggled back into Chanyeol. He had a good feeling about the next day.