Draft

The competition

 

The room was in absolute silence, he could almost hear the fluttering wings of a moth  next to one of the windows. His face flushed pink and he held his breath as he waited for the verdict. The five boys had blank expressions until suddenly a wide smile spread across Kai’s face, a gleam, twinkling in his eye as he said, “Dude that was….awesome!” Baekhyun let out the air he had been holding onto and a shy smile occupied his lips. Kai’s words seemed to have broken the silent, still haze that the other four had been in and they joined Kai with expressions of delight and awe and whooped in agreement.

“It wath tho cool and…and…powerful.” The maknae exclaimed with bright eyes.

“Ya, Baek, if you weren’t such a bloody good singer then I would have to force you to become a composer.” Kyungsoo said, lightly punching him on the arm. Baekhyun grinned up at his friend as a sly thought came to his mind. He pushed Kyungsoo back, playfully as if in retaliation from the punch, so that his foot caught on the keyboard and he tripped backwards. Kyungsoo hurtled towards the floor and landed with a loud, “Ooof.” On Kai’s lap. Kai was sat cross legged and Kyungsoo seemed to land perfectly cradled in Kai’s arms and legs. Kai looked down to Kyungsoo as the latter looked up at the former. A splash of red splayed across Kai’s cheeks as Kyungsoo’s eyes became impossibly large and owl like. After a moment of hesitation Kyungsoo heaved himself off of Kai and sat himself down on the polished wooden floor, trying his best to look dignified.

Kai cleared his throat and turned his burning cheeks toward Baekhyun. “That was brilliant Hyung but to be honest…you can’t do scream for .” He chuckled as Baekhyun adorned an expression of mock ourage and tried to reach out and kick him. He was too far away and grinned. “So could I do that bit?” His mischevious expression vanished as he looked up imploringly at his friend. Baekhyun looked around the room at the faces surrounding him, all of them were looking back at him, waiting for him to respond. The six of them had formed a sort of circle on the floor again. He felt startled, why were they asking him, he wasn’t their leader or the decision maker or anything.

“I don’t mind but I don’t decide. Is there anyone else who wants to as well?” No one raised their hand or offered so Kai grinned.

“So that means that I can do it?” Everyone nodded happily at Kai and his smile grew even wider on his handsome, tanned face. Baekhyun looked up at Chanyeol to find a slight frown pulling his eyebrows together as his eyes were trained on the shiny, honey-wood floor. Baekhyun reached his hand across and took Chanyeol’s large warm hand in his own long, slim fingers. He rubbed small circles into the back of Chanyeol’s hand as their hands rested on the taller’s leg. Chanyeol looked up at him, eyes large and ever so slightly more turned down at the edges than usual.

“Channie, what is it?” He asked quietly. The four other boys pretended to be having another conversation but it was clear by the way in which they kept glancing over that they were actually focusing on the two boys.

“I…” Chanyeol started before sighing, his shoulders drooping. “It’s nothing.” Baekhyun frowned, trying to think what it could be. He ran his thoughts over the last few minutes, trying to find something which he might have overlooked. After only a few seconds it clicked and a gentle smile spread across his face.

“Hey Kai.” Baekhyun called across the circle to his friend. He looked up with a guilty expression, he must have thought that Baekhyun was going to grill him for having been trying to listen to them. “Would you mind sharing the yelling bits with Yeollie? He wants to do it too but just didn’t say anything before.” Kai’s face brightened at the lack of yelling and smiled at Chanyeol.

“Of course I don’t mind sharing with my hyung.” Kai grinned and Chanyeol looked as though he was about to protest. Baekhyun landed a soft flick to the end of Chanyeol’s nose and shook his head while wagging his finger at him. He wasn’t going to argue because Baekhyun was sure this was what he wanted. Chanyeol tried not to show it but Baekhyun noticed a considerable rise in his spirits, his face yet again plastered with its usual flamboyant happiness.

“Right guys.” Baekhyun glanced at his watch. “We still have an hour before lunch and I reckon that in that time I can complete writing the song. Obviously only the prorotype if you will but then we will be able to start choreography an all that. Suho do you want to organise everyone while I work?” Suho nodded and Baekhyun picked himself up with his notebook and walked over to the far corner of the room. He was surrounded by his own reflection as he plonked himself down and curled himself up in order to concentrate. The five boys talked and laughed while Baekhyun worked, Suho trying to designate jobs for when Baekhyun was done. The got along well as a group, their mix of personalities complimenting each other well. Chanyeol was like a big puppy, keeping everyone happy while Suho kept order. Kai and Kyungsoo provided entertainment and rude jokes while Sehun gave innocence and Baekhyun inspired them. They merged well because their differenced did not become conflicts rather than friendships. They merged well because they cared. Baekhyun would look up at the five lounging boys to find a pair of charcoal and caramel eyes already gazing back at him. Everytime Baekhyun  caught Chanyeol looking at him the younger would blush and look away before glancing back. Everytime he did it Baekhyun felt warmer and happier within himself. He found his work improving because of it and after 40 minutes he had produced something he believed to be worthy of the listening ears of the other boys.

“Guys!” He called from his corner. The boys looked up from their task of attempting to tickle Sehun until he wet himself. “Once Sehun gets back from the bathroom do you want to hear the rough song?”

“Hell, ing, yeah!” Kyungsoo and Kai called out at the exact same time. The two turned to face each other slowly before bursting out in laughter. The moment Kai and Kyungsoo lost their grip on the Maknae he sprung up at them and began to tickle them into submission. Baekhyun laughed as he used the honey coloured bar to lift himself off the floor. A shadow was cast over him as a pair of long warm arms wrapped around him.

“Are you feeling okay?” Chanyeol whispered in his ear as he walked him over to the keyboard. “Your waist?” Baekhyun smiled reassuringly and told Chanyeol he was okay. Once the three weak bladdered nuisances  had returned Baekhyun cleared his throat and began to sing.

 “Careless, careless. Shoot anonymous, anonymous.
Heartless, mindless. No one. who care about me?

I guess I have no choice but to tolerate who was lost outside
Even though I close my eyes

MAMA! Answer me, why did the people change
Did they notice the existence of that time
I have forgotten how to just hear, love and care, no longer but lost
Turning their backs while working while living

Full of envy behing that anonymous mask
Even after seeing the end, you’re still full with hunger
Are you satisfied now?

Wouldn’t we face our eyes anymore?
Wouldn’t we communicate? Wouldn’t we love?
Tearing up to the reality that hurts
Say MAMA if you can change it, say MAMA

From a day we were behind the bars of a smart prison voluntarily
0 & 1 were used digitally to make my personality
There is no life, feelings and warmth over there, there is only trashy language
There’s a wilderness of a self-desolated one
Lonliness increases as days go by
As human beings we can only be hurt. Yeah-

Laugh, cry all together, holding hands meeting that feeling
Each resemble and connect to each other
If you ever want to recover.

Wouldn’t we face our eyes anymore?
Wouldn’t we communicate? Wouldn’t we love?
Tearing up to the reality that hurts
Say MAMA if you can change it, say MAMA

Turnback!

Die, kill, shout the fight. This is not a war
MAMA MAMA MAMA MAMA Help me to Turn back
MAMA MAMA MAMA MAMA Aware of Rolling back
Getting hit and back, sharing sides, this is not even a game
MAMA MAMA MAMA MAMA Help me to Turn back
Yeah-

Careless, careless. (MAMA) Shoot anonymous, anonymous. (MAMA)
Heartless, mindless. (MAMA) No one. Who care about me? (MAMA)

I’m grateful to be allowed to live in this blessed days
Every day creating new ties
Sharing good love with everyone rather than shhatered hearts
If you can still laugh

Wouldn’t we face our eyes anymore?
Wouldn’t we communicate? Wouldn’t we love?
Tearing up to the reality that hurts
Say MAMA if you can change it, say MAMA

Careless, careless. Shoot anonymous, anonymous.
Heartless, mindless. No one. Who care about me?”


 He ended to the cheers and whoops of his friends. A smile stretched across his face and he blushed lightly as they all gaped at him in reverence. “The other group has got some serious competiton.” Kai grinned. Baekhyun didn’t want to feel overly confident but he knew the talent that they had in their group and what scouts were always looking for was something different. They were going to be that something different. He just knew it.