Doubtful feelings

Wife and Wife

 

Hyuna fumbled with the cup of coffee in her hands awkwardly as she tried to distract her fast beating heart. She didn’t want to think; she didn’t know what to think. Her mind was clouded with different thoughts. She slowly glanced at her side to look at the man who sat beside her a few meters away but blushed when she saw him observing her. She immediately looked back at her cup, avoiding his gaze.

“Why are you here?” She asked trying to sound as calmly as possible; the aching pain in her heart returning.

“….”

Not being able to stand the silence, Hyuna stood up, ready to walk away. “I guess you just simply made a wrong turn at my place huh?” she said letting out a chuckle as she tried to suppress the horrible feeling she felt. “After all, you made it very clear that you never wanted to see or hear from me again.” The last words made her eyes sting as she turned her head in the opposite direction. She was about to take a step when she felt a grip on her wrist stopping her. She bit her lower lip as she knew whose hand held her wrist.

“Hyuna..”

Her mind told her not turn but before she could decide, she felt herself being pulled into an embrace. Shock was all she could feel at the moment.

“I was wrong, I’ve realized that now”

 

Recovering from her state of shock, Hyuna couldn’t stop the tears anymore as they rolled off her cheeks as she lightly began to hit Siwon’s chest.

“You idiot! You freaking idiot” she said in between sobs as she continued to hit him. “You are so unfair!”

 

“I’m sorry” was all siwon could say as he took the punches. He held Hyuna tightly, not wanting to let go and not caring if passer byers gave him weird stares. “I couldn’t just run away from him..  If I did, Taeyeon would have to pay.”

Hyuna’s punches came to a halt as she broke the hug and looked up at Siwon. “You are such an idiot” she said as she placed her palms on his face, cupping it. “But a caring idiot.” She couldn’t help but giggle as Siwon placed his forehead against her’s. He was about to kiss her but Hyuna stopped him.

“I can’t just forget everything either” she said as she took a step back, looking down at the ground. “Besides, you have a fiancé.”

 

“I don’t love her.”

 

“But she might love you!” Hyuna nearly shouted as she stared into Siwon’s eyes with a hint of sadness. She remembered the time she was a young foolish teenager who fell in love with the wrong boy. “I mean who wouldn’t right?” she looked back down. “The least you can do is give her a chance.”

 

 

 “I did” upon hearing his words Hyuna looked up to see him with a serious look. “But she doesn’t love me, nor do I love her. So what’s the point?” Siwon sat back down on the bench as he stared at his shoes. “She loves..  Another woman”

 

 

 

Taeyeon looked around the mansion as she tried to spot her red headed lover who suddenly went for a bathroom break. She began to worry as the red head was taking longer than usual. Suddenly some relatives of her’s came to speak to her and asked her about her soon to be marriage. Not knowing how to respond, she suddenly felt herself being saved by Taecyeon who put his arm around her and answered for her. Not wanting to even be near him at the moment but having to, Taeyeon bared with it for she knew she had to pretend until she broke off the marriage. After all, that was the reason why she was there in the first place. Taeyeon smiled unaware of Tiffany’s eyes on her from a distance. Jealousy was evident but she tried to conceal it as she lot out a long sigh.

 

“Why the long face?”

 

Upon hearing another voice, Tiffany turned her face to the side to find a handsome blonde man leaning again a pole near her. Thinking the man wasn’t talking to her, she simply shug her shoulders and continued to watch her lover from afar.

 

“Awe, so you’re just going to ignore me?”

Realizing that he was indeed talking to her, Tiffany bowed in an apologetic manner. “ah sorry” she said as she gave him a small smile.

 

“wow, nice eye smile” He said amazed by Tiffany’s beautiful smile.

 

“thank you” Tiffany replied a bit awkwardly. Taking a few glances over to Taeyeon and quickly frowned a bit when she saw Taecyeon put his hand on Taeyeon’s waist. Her fists clenched as she tried to control her anger and jealousy.

 

“I see someone is jelly” the man said with a grin as he crossed his arms over his sturdy chest. Tiffany whipped her head back and tried not to glare as she played innocence. “Who? Me? Of what?” she replied in fake disbelief letting out a small laugh. But her glancing back gave it away.

“Yeah sure whatever” he said rolling his eyes before he got a hold of Tiffany’s hand. “Come with me” he said with a grin. Tiffany tried to pull herself away but gave in once she saw Taeyeon smiling and laughing comfortably with her relatives and Taecyeon, who still held her by the waist; unaware of Taeyeon’s true emotions. ‘I should just give her some space I guess. This guy seems harmless enough and could probably keep me busy for a bit.’

 

“Excuse me” Taeyeon said with a bow as she excused herself to the ladies room. “Tae honey, wait” Taecyeon bowed as he followed behind her getting awes and oohs from her relatives. Taeyeon rolled her eyes as she continued to walk, ignoring the man that followed her. Once she was in front of the bathroom door, she turned around and faced him. “Do you plan on following me inside as well?” she asked, clearly annoyed. “If you want me to” Taecyeon said with a dorky grin. “Just leave me alone” Taeyeon said as she walked inside. “Fany-ah?” Taeyeon said as she scanned the enormous bathroom that was designed for the guests. “Mushroom, are you in here?” she continued to search but frowned when she didn’t find her. She took out her phone and dialed Tiffany’s number only to be answered by her voicemail. “Guess I better search around” she said to no one in particular as she exited the bathroom only to be stopped by the same annoying guy. She groaned in annoyance. “Can I just talk to you real quick?” He asked seriously. “Cant, got to go find Tiffany” Taeyeon said not caring that she had hurt him. “Please, just real quickly. Then I’ll even help you find her myself” he offered. Knowing how stubborn Taec could be, Taeyeon agreed already regretting her decision.

 

“So, what is it now Taec?” Taeyeon asked halfheartedly. Her mind was actually wondering about Tiffany’s whereabouts as she walked outside the garden with Taecyeon. Taecyeon kept quiet for a while as he chose his words wisely. He suddenly came to a halt causing Taeyeon to look at his with an eye brow raised. “You sure you really love Tiffany?” He asked seriously. “I mean, she’s a girl Taeyeon. Just like you. You could just be confusing sisterly love with love” Taeyeon put her hands in her pockets as she looked up at Taecyeon with a serious expression. “Yes Taecyeon, I’m certain that I love her. I know it’s hard to accept but that’s how I truly feel” Taeyeon answered confidently. Taecyeon nodded a bit feeling hurt but tried to hide it. “Well then let me ask you this then” he stared straight into Taeyeon’s eyes as he spoke. “Are you certain Tiffany loves you the same way and she isn’t just confused about her feeling towards you? I mean, wasn’t she boy crazy? It’s hard to believe she just magically became gay for you” Taec said with a scoff. “I’m not trying to anger you Taeyeon, on the contrary, I’m helping you. I want you to be certain it isn’t just one-sided so you won’t end up hurt” Taec put his hands on her shoulder as he saw that Taeyeon was thinking about his words. “Just think about it. She might just be confused and trying to make you happy” he gave her a peck on her forehead before walking away.

Taeyeon stood planted in her spot as she took in Taecyeon’s words. Does Tiffany really love her? Is she confused? Is this really all just one-sided? Questions ran through her mind as she let out a frustrated groan. She shook her head as she continued walking in search of Tiffany but she immediately stopped when she saw a familiar figure. She clenched her teeth and fists when she saw Tiffany talking to a unfamiliar blonde male smiling and laughing happily. “Did she lie to me about going to the bathroom just to talk to that guy?” She whispered to herself as a mix of jealousy, confusion and anger engulfed her as she saw the guy smirk when Tiffany blushed and lightly push him.

 

 

“So you do like Kim Taeyeon!” The blonde guy said with a smirk. “Shut up, it’s not like that” Tiffany denied as she blushed, lightly pushing him away. His smirk grew with her action that only confirmed what he just said. “Suuuure. That’s not what that blush says” He said rolling his eyes as they continued to stroll the garden. “Don’t worry; your secret is safe with me.” He said as he winked at her. Tiffany didn’t know what to say but only smile at him her famous eye smile before thanking him. “Thanks oppa” she said with a giggle.

 

“Tae Tae” Tiffany said as she made her way towards the blonde who sat at an empty table drinking some water. She frowned when Taeyeon didn’t answer her. “Taeyeon?” She said a little louder. “Ah sorry Tiffany I didn’t hear you” Taeyeon lied trying to keep her cool. “It’s fine Tae tae” Tiffany replied with a smile totally buying Taeyeon’s lie. “Ready to go home?” Taeyeon asked as she twirled the cup in her hands before getting up. Tiffany nodded but then remembered about something. “What about your father?” she asked catching Taeyeon off guard staying frozen on her spot. “Taeyeon?”  “Ah miahne, maybe another time. I think he left the gathering early” Taeyeon lied again as she looked down at the floor. “Okay” Tiffany said as she observed the other girl’s weird behavior. “You sure you’re okay Tae?” Tiffany asked as they made their way out of the mansion. Taeyeon locked eyes with Taecyeon who stood not far from them before answering Tiffany.

 

 

 

“Yeah, I’m completely fine…..”