Chapter 26:

How to Tame Your Dragon.

Chapter 26: Jaein, The Second face.

 

Surprised by his sudden change in aura, Kris immediately pulled Jikyung closer to him as he raise his hand, armoring his arm with his thick, hard scales and was more than ready to go on defense.

 

But nothing came. That person, who appears to be Kai, was just sitting there, smirking all along and twirling with the red grape juice in his palm. The wine glass reflected that one ray of light from the window and shone on the table, causing him to hiss in annoyance and threw the glass across the room.

 

“Annoying…” His voice sounded cold and harsh, something Minyeol never liked hearing ever since she knew Kai. Kai was never like this. Even though he was cold towards her, even now. Still, it would bring a small hint of gentleness in his voice whenever he speaks to her, even if it’s just a simple “Yes”. She moved herself further from him, as his crimson eyes glared holes through the abandoned glass that was scattered on the ground.

 

Another smirk started playing on his lips as he started laughing out loud, causing Minyeol to flinch and bit her lips in anxiety. What is he going to do now?... She thought and clenched onto the materials of her lavender colored dress, trying to ease her nerves.

 

“Now where was I…?” Kai snapped his head towards Kris, that horrible grin never left his face. “Right. I'm supposed to introduce myself to the almighty dragon..." a ring of black smoke circled around his index finger as he speaks.

 

"As you have noticed... If you hadn't. I'm not the Kai you know." His blood red orbs stared into the soul of Kris', but he never seemed to be fazed even one bit. "I'm born within him. Call me the dark one, the dark Kai, the shadower, the shadow... Whatever you want to call me..." He raised both his hands while leaning back to the couch in a relaxed matter, as if the presence of a dragon hadn't threaten him even a single bit.

 

"But I go with the name Jaein." She tugged Kai's hands into his pockets and shot a quick nod towards Kris, who seemd rather pissed of how casual she was with him. Never once has he been treated with such disrespects at first meetings, and he never liked it. Not one bit. Annoyed, he glared at the younger as his hand slowly formed a fist right by his sides. 

 

He was about to charge towards Jaein, but Jikyung managed to hold him back, shaking her head as she look at Jaein in worries and fear. Jaein, of course, could have seen the look in her eyes, her orbs spells fear and terror, in which she finds normal whenever she was free from Kai's hold. And yes indeed, Jaein is a she, stuck in Kai's body.

 

She rolled her eyes and shrugged casually, that perfectly antagonist role played gracefully with a hint of darkness within her act. She smirked and straightened her back before crossing her legs. She rested her chin on her palms and looked into the two, her crimson red pupils shot right through Jikyung's soul.

 

"Still the same, pure, sweet, tender soul..." She her lips, her knees about to straighten up until Minyeol rubbed her ring. "Kai." She bit her lips and called, causing Jaein to glare at her in deep hatred. "Don't you dare..." 

 

Minyeol gladly glared back. "I dare." She kissed her ring and set her demands. "I want my Kai back." She commanded, inserting deep pain on Jaein as she fell back onto the couch panting badly. "You'll regret this." The blood red from Kai's orbs were fading slowly, changing back into its normal color. "You will. Most. Definitely." 

 

Kris furrowed his eyes as he stare at the knocked out Kai on the couch, his forehead drowned with cold sweat and his eyebrows furrowed deeply in thoughts. Slowly, Kai opened his eyes and his eyes widened immediately at his surroundings. "I..." He frowned and looked at Minyeol, his eyes scanned her from top to bottom to check if she had done any harm on her.

 

Minyeol shook her head and smiled. "She did nothing." She ensured him and he relaxed, only a little, as he could feel that threatening aura of an angered dragon right in front of him. He gulped and looked at the ground, unsure of what to speak and what's not to speak. 

 

Kris sighed. "I'm bringing you to Suho later. Just you know." He got up and grabbed Jikyung's wrist forcefully, he dragged her out of Kai's mansion without a second word. 

 

Jikyung frowned and turned back, eyeing an apology gaze at both Kai and Minyeol, then smiled and mouthed "I'll be back." She gave Minyeol and eyesmile and willingly followed after Kris. 

 

Minyeol turned to Kai and frowned. "Are you okay-" 

 

Before she could finish her sentence, Kai collapsed right in her arms.

 

Her eyes widened as she felt the coldness of his skin, her heart stopped in fear.

 

"Kai!!"