Chapter 31:

How to Tame Your Dragon.

Chapter 31: Tales of a fallen witch

 

White... Witch? Jikyung was confused, as confused as how she was when she was first sent to this world, the EXO world. Gain only gave her a small smile before placing her hand on the cold black walls, hoping to get to something, or even someone to call into the mirror, if that's even possible.

 

"Yes. White witch, Jikyung-ssi." She turned to her and said.

 

Questions started to piled up in her mind as she frowned. "But you said..." Jikyung was cut off by Gain.

 

"I'm a fallen witch. I have lost my vessel to contain this soul." Gain placed a hand on her unbeating heart. "And the worse thing was, my soul split itself."

 

Jikyung approached, closer towards Gain, but remembered to keep a circle distance with Gain's fragile soul. She stopped, just right in front of the white marks circling Gain. "You can tell me the whole story, I wouldn't mind hearing..." While I wait for Kris... I...

 

I want to be useful to him...

 

Gain clapped her hands together and smiled. "Thank you!" She said and sat down on the cold floor immediately. She gestured Jikyung to sit along, and she just sat according to Gain's request.

 

Gain turned to her left. Using her index finger, she started drawing, crafting air words, whites appeared and traced along her fingers as she draws. Finally, she smiled and click the drawings away, sending them at one specific direction and there, a mirror appeared within this mirror.

 

Gain turned around and chuckle at Jikyung who gaped at the sight before her. "Sorry, I was having a hard time remembering spells so, I could only draw circles..." She gave her and apologic smile before turning back to the magic circle.

 

"Let's start, shall we?" She smiled as the circle glowed.

 

Jikyung nodded eagerly. "Sure." She said, her fingers clenched onto the materials of her dress tightly.

 

"I was just a lonesome witch that time..."  

 


 

Thump...

 

Jaein placed her hand on her heart and clenched onto the black cloth tightly, her brows furrowed into a deep crease as she felt the pain squeezing. You're rebelling again... She growled and pressed onto her chest as she turned to smirk at the wounded Minyeol who was panting as blood dripped from the tip of her fingers, towards the water. 

 

Hiding the pain, she approached Minyeol slowly, watching as the crimson color of her blood dyed the water into it's color. "How does it feel? Hurt? Numb? Or..." Her steps stopped in front of Minyeol, leaning forward, she slyly leaned towards her ear. 

 

"Do you feel nothing?..." 

 

Jaein let out a short laugh, before pulling back her usual expressions together. "Of course you'll feel nothing, this is, indeed, the bittersweet pain sacrificing ritual after all..." She frowned a little and turned around. "I'll just have your blood and soul drained by the black mirror... And your soul shall be held in that mirror, for eternity."

 

"Screw you..." Minyeol looked up, the way blood ran through her cheeks as if they were tears struck a clip of past memory in Jaein's mind. Pain, creeping against her forehead like worms. She placed her hand against her forehead and forced her eyes closed. Stop. She looked into the black mirror, her eyes dangerously bored into the thin layer of glass.

 

"Stop these useless crap talk with me now... Gain..."

 

Nothing will work... Since we're seperated.

 

"You bastard..." Roarings of a dragon came, as it landed on the edge of the window, it's huge wings crushed it's way through the thin walls and it's tail swung its way towards Kai's body.

 

Minyeol forced her eyes close, as her vision was blurring from the lost of blood, and she was slowly feeling the black mirror's powers, draining her energy slowly, little by little with her reflection on the surface of the crimson red water. Kai...

 

The beatings of her heart was slowly coming to an end. 

 


 

"A lonesome witch who knew nothing about the outside world aside from my library full of books..." An image of the living Gain flashed within the circle, as she seemed to be rather into that one book she was holding in her hands. 

 

Gain smiled. "Having to live within a book means having absolutely no experience within the real world. So being an inexperienced witch I was, at the same time, the last witch in my bloodline, I was wanted by the villagers to create a barrier against the claws..." She stopped for a second and turned to Jikyung, giving her an apologic smile.

 

"The claws of a dragon..."

 

Dragon?... Jikyung's eyes widened. Dragon as in...

 

Gain chuckled and shook her head. "It's not like the dragon would come attacking a village without a reason right? I mean, dragons are known to be cunning creatures but if you don't attack them, they won't attack you..."

 

Really? Jikyung's eyes twitched uncomfortably and faked a smile.

 

Gain smiled at Jikyung. "Well, that's what I've read in the book..." She said and sighed.

 

Not everything is right in the book... Gain-ssi... Jikyung shifted her gaze to other directions as she tries to stop herself from mentally responding to Gain's words.

 

"That was... What I thought until I fell..." Her eyes flashed a hint of sadness as her hands reached for the red patch on her white Hanbok.

 

"Under the claws of a dragon."