Chapter 32:

How to Tame Your Dragon.

Chapter 32: The last tear. 

 

"Lay!" The petite girl ran as fast as she could, clumsily, she tripped and fell onto the cold hard ground. 

A click on his heels, he stopped his tracks and turned around. He sighed and shook his head. "Gain, really? Tripping at a time like this?" He clicked his heels up high and landed safely in front of her. 

Gain chuckled and looked at the wound on her knee as she looked at Lay who had turned into his human form. "Sorry~" She giggled as Lay placed his hand on her wounded knee. 

"Seriously, this is the last time I'm going to-" 

"You said that for the third time of the day already, Lay. Give it up and admit that you'll always heal me~" Gain chuckled and stood up, slightly kicking her leg and then skipped towards some random direction.

 

Lay stood in front of Kai, Jaein. Before him, was it really the one he was looking for? He hesitated, seeing how the dragon just boldly crushes through the walls that surrounds this little room.

 

"What's your intentions?" That deep voice roared through the room, sending ripples of diluted blood towards Jaein's black cloak.

 

"Intentions?" Jaein raised an eyebrow at the scaled creature. "Right, intentions..." She smirked and took a step back, her hands reached for the surface of the black mirror once again.

 

"I need a new vessel. It was just as simple as that..." She smirked when the dragon took another step forward, straight into the trap she have set.

 

"At the same time..." Blood shot straight from the pool towards each sides of the room, creating a blood prison for the dragon.

 

"Eliminating that monster."

 

That monster who killed us... 

 


 

"I couldn't remember anything..." Gain looked at Jikyung with another sad smile. "Anything after I fell on the claws of that dragon..."

 

Jikyung's nails dug deep into the materials of her dress. She feared, feared of what this witch in front of her might do. Slowly, she turned to that spot where she last saw the window to peek through the outside world.

 

Kris... Exactly what is going on?... Jikyung frowned, then turned to Gain. She had a confused look on her face this time, as if she was trying to recall something, as if she was trying to reach for something.

 

Something she had forgotten.

 

Jikyung bit her lips and stood up, slowly reaching for that uncracked wall. Tracing her fingers towards that space, she frowned and turned towards Gain. "Gain-ssi!" She ran towards Gain and stopped, once again right in front of the circle and blinked her big eyes at Gain.

 

"Can you help me a bit?"

 


 

"I don't know what you're talking about." His golden eyes glared through Jaein as he growled his words through his razor teeth.

 

Clenching her teeth, she glared back at the creature before her. "Liar." She growled, clenching onto that fragile heart of Kai's tightly. "Liar! I saw you. You were there when we closed our eyes!" She roared. Thorns formed on the blood poles, as it tries to cut through Kris' steel hard scales.

 

His face lost it's origin, as it was turned into a pokerface. "I. Don't. Know. What. You're. Talking. About!" Through his throat, he breathed the flames of hell towards that vessel of Jaein's. But she managed to dodge it, leaving it to blast through the black mirror which holds two souls.

 

Jikyung and Gain's.

 

"You'll regret touching that mirror." Her black orbs turned red at once. Snapping her gaze towards the dragon, she casted a spell, sending the black mobs towards Kris as blood formed a whip, grabbing whichever objects it could have grasp onto.

 

Easily dodging the whips, Luhan landed right beside the black mirror, and his eyes widened at the sight of a white glow appearing on the mirror.

 

"Lay!" He shouted, calling for the sacred creature of the light (Other than Baekhyun). Hearing Luhan's calls, he stopped himself from healing Minyeol further and asked. "What?!" He cried.

 

But Luhan didn't speak, instead, he pointed at the mirror. "G-Ga-" Words were struck, stuck within folds of his throat as he tried to speak.

 

Kris shrunk back into his normal form and ran towards the mirror, there Jikyung placed both her hands on the barrier and smiled at Kris. "Kris." She called.

 

He felt relieved, relieved of how she was safe, even within the mirror. But there was another one beside her. That one person whom they all knew were supposed to be gone.

 

"Gain..."

 

Lay immediately stood up and turned towards where the mirror was.

 

Gain flash a small smile and waved her hands. "Hi Lay!" She squeezed her eyes shut and tilted her head, slightly hitting her head and then rubbing that spot after. "I'm an idiot for splitting my evil thoughts out aren't I..." She frowned but kept a smile. 

 

Lay slowly got up and went to that mirror, and there, he smiled. 

 

"Yeah. An idiot."  

 

"I don't think it's the time to talk to that useless half-soul of mine." A red blood whip ran towards Lay's arms, casually, Jaein pulled the whip back and pulled Lay towards her. "You're not the enemy." Her pupils shrunk dangerously at him. 

 

"So stay out of this." 

 

Harshly, Lay was thrown away, far from where the mirror was. 

 

"How do we get you out of here?" Kris asked, staring at Jikyung who took far steps back from Gain as she was standing in front of the broken barrier. 

 

Jikyung looked at Gain, then Gain chuckled. "I know, I'm not hating on a dragon just cause he was there when I died." She smiled at Jikyung then turned to Kris. "And my heart tells me you weren't the one who killed me. I'll go with my heart." She bowed to him and placed her hand on the barrier. 

 

"To get her out of here, you have to bring light, just the amount of light in for her to get pulled back out to the real world." She said, murmuring the light spells from the inside. 

 

Kris then glared at Luhan. "Get Baekhyun." He demanded, and Luhan gave him his usual are-you-kidding-me look. 

 

"You got to be kidding me..." 

 

"Just do it." With one last sigh, Luhan turned to Sehun and smirked. "You can move faster, get your hurricane to kidnap Baekhyun here." He patted Sehun's shoulder then stepped up to stop Jaein. 

 

"Why is it always me..." Sehun sighed and disappeared with the wind. 

 

The thing I've forgotten...

 

Jikyung frowned, realising something odd about her light spell. I read this from Kris' books once, this...

 

Isn't this a sacrifising spell?

 

Light was forced out of the circle she drew right on the barrier, shooting straight towards Jaein who was standing before them.

 

Jaein's eyes widened, the black vines of her soul that implants itself along with the power that was transfered from Kai's mother's body, her last vessel, were burnt in crepes. Slowly, Kai's body feel straight into the pool of diluted metal scent of blood, his orbs turned back into it's original colors.

 

"Minyeol..." Her name escaped from his lips before he closed his eyes.

 

"This isn't the end... This can't end this way..." Jaein's voice rang through the room, her soul with no vessel came through the middle of the pool as she tried casting spells, trying to get through the weak body of Minyeol's. "Come, my new vessel. Come to me!" 

 

"I can't vanish here! I still have things to do! I have to- I want to rule this world!" 

 

But before she could, Jikyung's body was repelled out of the black mirror, into Kris' arms. The remaining light was forced upon Jaein's tainted black soul, and Gain was there for her to speak. 

 

"Jaein, my half-soul... I'm collecting you back... And here we shall..." Gain closed her eyes. 

 

"Leave with no regrets." 

 

A crack appeared on her cheek. So it did on the black mirror.

 

"Goodbye, everyone..." Gain clasp her hands together, where Jaein's soul holds. "Goodbye... Lay." She smiled at the boy who could only nod and look away from her.

 

"Goodbye, new friend... Even though we only met for a few hours, I don't regret meeting you." She gave one last smile to Jikyung, before her soul breaks down and vanishes completely.

 

The black mirror cracked, scattered along with her soul, as if that was the source to it's life.  

 

"Gain!" Lay stood right before her, as her red orbs glared through his soul. "I want that boy..." She smirked and charged towards Lay. She had completely lost it, she had lost herself to that black mirror that chains her soul.

"I'm sorry, Lay." A threatening roar came, and the next thing they knew were that, the girl was fallen, under the claws of that dragon.  

Tears, slowly fell from her cheeks as it dilutes the red colors of the blood. Holding tightly onto the wound on her abdomen, she turned to take one last look at the black creature before her, roaring it's cries of sadness before leaning close, having her fragile hands touching it's scales for that one last time. 

The white glow stood beside, it's head hung low as silver liquid fell from it's crystal like eyes.

"I'm sorry..." His voice cried the sorrow of his heart. 

Gain smiled, even when she was about to die, she still smiled. "It's okay..." She held Lay's face and smiled, though her cracked lips.

"It's not your fault..." She turned to Kris and still managed to keep up that smile. "I'm the one who should be sorry..."

"Sorry for... Turning impure... Into a black witch..." 

With one last breath, she let out a tear, and the lids, were slowly closing. 

Shutting her from this world. 

With that Last tear of a fallen witch.

 

"It's all over..."  

 


Warning: I sense something coming next. 

What do you think it is?