Chapter 17:

How to Tame Your Dragon.

Chapter 17: That man's no villian

 

P.S: italics for the past narration. 

 

It was long ago, where it all started with a soft cry of the night."Uwaaaaaaaaa!!" The cries of a baby surprised the whole night nation, feared the whole dark society into chaos. The lady held onto her baby, her expressions shown absolutely nothing. 

"What is he doing...?" She asked the maid dressed in black. The maid spoke nothing, nothing but a mere nod and took small steps backwards. "My lord, your child is crying." She stated.

The lady furrowed her eyes dangerously just then. "I asked, why is he crying." her ice cold words drew darkness closer to the maid, choking the air around her as she hushed the child by placing her ice cold fingers on his small lips.

The child turned quiet and closed his eyes.

Without words, she placed the child down and stood up, as if she was perfectly fine despite giving birth to a child just a few minutes before. "Take care of him." Those four words didn't need to be told twice. The maids nodded their heads and bowed out of fear.

"Yes. My lord."

 


 

"Hyung, you won't play with me?" The young boy frowned as the guards only bowed and looked straight expressionlessly. He was curious, and confused of how people around him could be so heartless and motionlessly standing straight for 24 hours straight without showing even a slight hint of tiredness.

"Young lord, you should be in your room now." The young maid bowed and said, her, the only one who didn't seemed to be heartless as the others. He turned around and smiled. "Okay." He said and followed after her, entering his room obidiently and sat on his bed. "What do I do today?" 

"You learn. Master." She smiled and placed the book on his lap. "Today, we'll be studying about the Light."

Before he could reply her, the door was burst opened, with that expressionless face walking in, a dark, steady black aura acting as her shield. She lifted her index finger at the maid and parted her lips. 

"Take her away." She commanded the guards and shifted her cold gaze to the feared boy. Her eyes didn't soften even one bit.

"And bring him to me." Turning around, she let her black, long cape dance gracefully as she walks away from the room. 

Unable to disobey that absolute order, they bowed to him before holding both his arms and pulled him towards that lady's room.

"Come here." Her icy words drew him in. Slowly, he walked towards her sitting a little further from her for protection. She's his mother, true, but at the same time, she's dangerous. He bowed slightly and looked away, feared.

The lady looked at him from top to bottom. "You're 19 already..." She said, possibly reminding herself that her son is 19, and that she hadn't been in his life for 19 years. She stood up and walked closer to him, lifting his chin up to face her cold gaze as she leans down, having her hair dangling around his face.

"It's time for the heir to change. Isn't it?"

Darkness wrapped around his petite body. Surprised, confused, he looked around the darkness that surrounded him.

A new body we shall have...

The voice echoed around his ears before the darkness forced themselves into his body.

And his eyes slowly closed after, after the sound of his mother's body falling onto the ground lifelessly.   

 

Jikyung took a short glance at Kai who seems afraid, he held his throat immediately, afraid of something that might happen to him when he removed his hand from his neck.

 

She took a step forward, trying to approach Kai who was frozen at his spot, but Kris held onto her arm and pull her back in. "He'll attack you if you go." He said and hugged her from behind. "Don't go to him. Not now." Never...

 

She frowned, but nodded and continued seeing the past.

 

Years passed, and the new lord was not to be seen by public. The messengers of the others tried to get a hold of the new lord, but no one dared to step into that boundary. Feared to have their souls taken by the people within that boundary. 

The man of the same face lied lifelessly on the velvet bed, staring at the ceiling lifelessly, hoping to figure something. 

"Something I forgot..." he mumbled and closed his eyes, covering his face with his palm and sighed deeply. 

It was a surprise that he was able to take control over the darkness, instead of being the opposite. He had figured it all out right after the darkness was inserted into him. His mother was the victim of the dark, and he wasn't going to let the darkness take over him. 

And now the tables turned, he is the complete ruler of the dark, instead of being the puppet. 

But it wasn't complete, he hadn't completely taken over the darkness.

Close your eyes... The voice demanded. But he wasn't planning in listening to them. "Shut up." He hissed and punched the covers, instantly, the smokes faded in front of him.

He glared at the ceiling and got up. "I'm never going to close my eyes..." he furrowed his eyes and caught the robe. Pulling it over his shoulder. He lifted the hood over his head and looked at the light shining on the spot of his dark flooring.

Without words, he walked towards the light, and with a swift movement, he was covered in dark smokes.

He was dragged into the darkness, and was pulling into the world of portals...   

 

Smokes started to gather around Kai, causing the others to keep on guard and took steps away from Kai. "Go away." Kai hissed icily and glared at nowhere. The dark pulled in closer, trying to invade his mind, but he wouldn't allow so.

 

"Go." His absolute command caused the smokes to disappear slowly, fading slowly.

 

Kris protectively held onto Jikyung as he glared. His eyes furrowed dangerously at Kai who had absolutely no control over the smokes' entrance.

 

Without words he approach Kai and threw an item at Kai.

 

"Go and find a holder." Kris spoke coldly.

 

"Find a holder to hold back your powers. Like me."