What is love?

Falling In Love With Sehun.

Classes had started. The teacher was droning on and on about some irrelevant science theory. Sehun wandered his attention around the classroom. Everyone was listening attentively to the teacher, except her. That girl. She was absentmindedly staring at her long pale slender fingers and her gaze seemed blank yet far away. She was here, but her mind was probably a thousand miles away.

Sehun glanced at the slim Michael Kors watch glittering on her slim wrist. She was obviously super rich. She never showed off about her wealth before, but Sehun was no fool. Lee Ji-eun had a very elegant air to her, and an unspeakable grace. He was surprised that he noticed that much about her. What the hell is wrong with me? He moved his gaze away from her and stared out of the window.

He thought back of how she confessed to him about her problems with her parents. He couldn't help but think of his too. Just that thought was enough for him to clench his fists and inhale sharply. He hadn't spoken to his parents in a year, and he would love to say that he was doing fine without them, but somehow, there was still a hollow emptiness inside him, an emptiness that hasn't left for a year.

"Okay," the teacher concluded and clapped her hands together. "I'll assign partners for this project. You're all supposed to do a model on covalent and ionic bonds." The class all nodded eagerly and sat up, anticipating who their partners would be. Sehun sighed. He thought it was all a waste of time. He didn't care about all this.

 

I snapped out of my trance and looked up. Everyone was eagerly chatting and pointing to each other. I looked at Sehun and asked "What's going on?" He ignored me and I rolled my eyes. "Jerk." I mumbled as the teacher glanced at me. 

"Lee Ji-eun! Since you're new, I'm not sure who you'll be more comfortable with, therefore, I'll let you choose. Would you want Brian," she pointed to a tall guy with a huge smile on his face, "or Sehun?" She pointed at Sehun. I widened my eyes. I glanced at Sehun but he was looking out of the window, acting like he didn't care. I looked at Brian. He was actually quite good looking, not as handsome as Sehun, but he seemed really nice and friendly. I nodded and said "I'll take Bria-"

I didn't even finish my sentence before Sehun hurriedly grabbed my wrist and said "I'll be her partner, Miss."

I gaped at him. Brian looked disappointed. There was a slight smile on Sehun's face, yet there was something glittering in the midst of his brown eyes, something that I couldn't decipher. The teacher raised her eyebrows and said "Okay then. Let's move on..." She began talking to the other students and I glared at Sehun. "Yah, why did you do that?"

Sehun raised his eyebrows. "Why can't I do that?"

"You know that we can't stand each other! I'd much rather be partners with Brian..." I trailed off as Sehun narrowed his eyes at me dangerously. He let go of me and said "If I didn't pick you, the teacher would have paired me up with some annoying squealing girl again. I can't let that happen." I rolled my eyes. "Oh, so I'm your back up, is that it?" He smirked and replied "Why not? You're the only girl that doesn't squeal in my presence."

"That's because I know who you really are. You're just some arrogant rich brat." I hissed out. The moment I said it, I regretted it instantly. Sehun scoffed and said coldly "It's better than being some spoiled rich heiress who doesn't know how to think before she talks." My face grew drastically paler and I clenched my fists. "Yah, you're being too much!"

 

"What about you? You barely know me and you already categorized me as some rich brat. Unlike you, I don't have my mummy and daddy wrapped around my little finger." Sehun continued on. His face was emotionless yet there was a hint of sadness in his eyes, as if he was thinking about something painful. I finally snapped. 

"Hah! Wrapped around my little finger? In case you haven't noticed, I got kicked out of my own house. My parents are too damn busy in their own lives to give two hoots about me, and I'm stuck with an like you for a neighbor. I don't even know why I tried to be nice to you." I smoothed my hair in anger and looked out of the window, determined not to acknowledge him anymore.

Sehun glanced at the girl next to him. Her pale smooth face was tinged slightly with pink and her huge brown eyes sparkled in indignance. It was then he noticed how cute she actually was. He felt his heart thump faster slightly but he struggled not to show any emotion. He raised his hand and asked to go to the washroom. Once he was out of the classroom, he walked to an empty corridor and leaned against the wall. He had to get these irrational thoughts out of his head. 

 

He spent some time calming himself down, and slowly, he slipped back into that cold emotionless demeanor he was famous for. As he walked back to the classroom, he saw that girl sitting with a guy, and she was chatting happily with him. Her huge brown eyes were lit up with laughter. The guy she was talking to was also obviously not immune to her either, he kept blushing and shyly scratching his head, his eyes fixated on her the entire time.

 

Sehun narrowed his eyes dangerously. He felt this really strange jealousy and possessiveness burning in him. 

He didn't like this one bit.