Getting used to you.

Falling In Love With Sehun.

 

 I woke up the next morning, with the warm sunlight streaming through my expensive windows. I was lazily sprawled over my huge bed, with fluffy white Egyptian cotton sheets. I groaned and lay back down. I didn't want to go to school. And now that I'm officially living alone, my parents can't really do anything about it either. But just then, my phone rang. I ignored it but the caller was so persistent, I cursed under my breath and grabbed my phone.

"Hello?"

"Ji-eun ah, this is your mum. You left the house yesterday, right? How are you enjoying your new apartment? Dad spent a fortune on it, so you have to thank him later, arraso? Okay, I have a million fund rasing events to organize now, and I have to sign a pledge to some charity too, so I can't talk now. I'll call you later, Ji-eun, okay? I love you, bye."

I didn't even have a chance to talk before my mum hung up the phone. I sighed and got up. I got ready and headed out of my door. 

Sehun was standing outside his door too, locking it up. He was wearing a black leather jacket, black v-neck and jeans. He had a pair of studio Beats headphones dangling on his neck and his Rolex glittered under the sunlight. I narrowed my eyes at him.

Sehun looked up and saw that girl again. He caught his breath and his eyes widened slightly. Under the sunlight, she looked like a mystic goddess. She was dressed in a white floral dress that showed off her slender figure and thin waist. Her pale skin practically glowed and her long brown wavy hair tumbled down her back. He immediately looked away and walked off. He didn't want to continue staring at her.

I was surprised. What's his problem?

I ran up to him and said "Well, it's official. We're neighbors."

He looked at me again and said "Why are you following me? Go walk further back or something." I rolled my eyes and stuck close to him. "I'm not following you. It's my first day walking to school from here and I don't know the way." He smirked and said "Why don't you go back to your mansion, princess?"

I felt my heart sink slightly and I murmured "I'm not exactly wanted there, so...."

Sehun glanced up at her and he felt a strange tenderness. He wanted to beat himself for saying careless remark. He said quietly "Why aren't you wanted there anyway?"

I sighed and flipped my hair. I looked at him and said slowly "My parents think I'm a nuisance and I'm hindering their personal lives. What can I say? Mum's too busy with her charity work and dad's always at the office. I'm always left alone at home. I don't like this either, but there's nothing I can do about it." Sehun suddenly leaned in and said "Never be dependent on anyone. They'll just disappoint you in the end. Survive on your own." There was a certain bitterness and anger in his beautiful eyes. His jaw clenched slightly.

I felt this really weird feeling and I touched his arm. He jerked slightly but he didn't shake it off. "No man's an island, Sehun." I said softly. He didn't respond but I could see an intense emotion in his eyes. I suddenly felt really awkward and let go of his arm. 

Sehun felt a weird disappointment when she let go of his arm. He didn't know why.

Both of us continued walking to school and once we reached the courtyard, I could hear whispers. I saw tons of jealous girls holding their cell phones and screaming Sehun's name. Apparently, he was already used to it. He betrayed no emotion as he walked on. I followed beside him and I could feel tons of jealous glares being directed at me. I shifted slightly under the attention.

I wanted to get rid of this unwanted attention so I started to walk off in the opposite direction. Just when I was about to leave, I felt an arm grab my wrist. I turned around and saw Sehun rooted at the spot. He looked up at me and said slowly "Why are you walking that way? Homeroom's this way." He continued holding my wrist as we strode forward. His grasp was warm and strangely comfortable. The whispers got even louder.

 

"Omo! Sehun oppa held that girl's hand!"

"What's her name again? Lee Ji-suk's daughter, eh?"

"Aish, jinjja! Why did he hold her hand?"

 

I felt an odd thumping in my chest as we continued walking to homeroom. Once we reached the door, Sehun let go of my wrist and we walked in together. I could feel the attention being directed to us instantly. Both of us sat down next to each other and as homeroom period started, I couldn't help but glance at him. He was staring at his phone, lost in thought.

I felt this odd urge to get to know him better.

I didn't even know why. Maybe Sehun wasn't that bad, after all.

 

 

******************

Woke up this morning to new subscribers. And to those who commented, thank you! I love you all. <3 I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks Sehun and IU would be adorable together. They're both so good looking. ;)  Anyway, I'll update loads this week as I'm off to the beach next Thursday. Haha whooo~   Thanks everyone!