Blue night.

Falling In Love With Sehun.

"How would you react if I told you I loved you?"

 

That question rang in my head and I just stood there, staring at Sehun in shock. His back was still facing me and he was looking at the night sky. If I hadn't heard properly, I would have thought he was talking to himself, and not to me. His voice was so soft, yet carried a tinge of hope. The moonlight shone down on his figure, illuminating him and I felt that even his figure looked lonely. 

I suddenly felt a super strong urge to leap into his arms and confess my feelings but a strong sense of doubt washed over me. I looked at his back, still facing me and said softly "I don't know... I don't know how would I react."

Sehun felt an unfamiliar ache in his chest and he knew it was his heart. He closed his eyes painfully but continued on calmly, not letting her see his reaction. "So if I told you I loved you, you wouldn't reciprocate my feelings?" 

He sounded so calm, like he didn't care about my answer. His back was still facing me so I assumed that he had on his usual cold and dismissive expression. I didn't know that his current expression was the complete opposite. I looked away and said coldly "I don't even know if I have any feelings to reciprocate."

 

Her answer seemed to stab him directly in the heart, rendering him breathless. His vision blurred slightly and he fought to remain calm. He rearranged his expression and turned around to face her. She was stubbornly looking away, acting like she didn't care, but the steady gleam in her eyes proved otherwise. He said coldly, his voice like ice "Maybe both of us didn't even have any feelings to reciprocate to each other after all." She trembled slightly but faced him, her eyes glinting with a cold determination. "Maybe you're right."

 

He let out a smirk and walked past her and out of the apartment. 

She remained standing in the balcony, staring at the door, trembling slightly.

 

Sehun walked out of the apartment block and went to the park. The night was cold but he didn't seem to feel the cold at all. His entire body had gone numb. He sat on a park bench and stared into the distance. The memories came flooding back, and it seemed to ease the numbness, but increased the pain.

 

 

"Get out of this house, I never want to see you again. You're just that 'S son. You're worthless, you're trash, no one would ever want you and no one would ever love you." His father threw his luggage out of the door and sneered coldly at him. His step-mother laughed jeeringly and added "Maybe you should go find your mother, in whatever trashy slum she's in now."

Sehun stood outside the door, trying to pick up his luggage but his hands were trembling too much. A tear slipped down his cheek and he tried frantically to wipe it off, but his father saw it and went into a rage and punched him in the face. He fell onto the ground, with a cut lip. The blood flowed out and he tried not to tremble. 

"Why did you cry!? Are you a whiny cry baby? Don't ever cry in front of me, do you understand? You pathetic little excuse of a son, get out!" His father howled and kicked him again. He felt a dull thud and the pain spread all over his body. His father pulled his step-mother into the house and slammed the door shut and locked it.

Sehun tried to stand up but he fell back onto the floor. After a while, he managed to limp out of the gate and walked around the streets, carrying his luggage. The blood from his cut lip had stopped, but the dull ache was still there. He went to the park and sat down on the ground. He looked up at the moon and said softly, struggling to refrain his voice from trembling "Is it supposed to hurt this much? Why is the world so cruel? ...... What did I do wrong? Why does everyone hate me so much?"

 

 

He closed his eyes and laid down on the park bench, curling up his entire body, trying to seek warmth. As if that was the only way to stop the trembling. As if that was the only way to ease the pain. 

As if that was the only way to forget. 

 

 

 

I dashed out of the apartment, running frantically down the street. I screamed his name repeatedly, trying to find him, but to no avail. The rain came pouring down on me, soaking me thoroughly, chilling me to the bone. Everyone walked past me briskly, with umbrellas and raincoats in hand but I just remained there, allowing the rain to pour down on me, as the last glimmer of hope in my eyes died out.

 

When the blue night is over my face, on the dark side of the world in space, when I'm all alone with the stars above, you are the one I love.