Under the rain.

Falling In Love With Sehun.

Days passed. 

I hadn't seen nor spoken to Sehun since that night. I went searching for him until the crack of dawn, under the pouring rain. He never came home. By the time he returned, it was 9am the next morning and I was already at school. From that day on, he avoided me like the plague. He never came to school and whenever I was in the apartment, he was never there. 

I became extremely moody and emotionless. Luhan was back to his old self and we started hanging out again, just like old times. Luhan noticed that I was a lot quieter and moodier than before, but he didn't say anything and just kept it to himself. My parents still have not spoken to me, since that night at the Park Hyatt. I doubt that they even know where I currently live and I know that they certainly don't care. 

I often contemplated moving out of Sehun's apartment and find another place to stay, but whenever that idea came up, I would be filled with dread. I didn't even know why I responded that way when Sehun indirectly confessed to me that night. I had felt the same way, but when I was about to tell him that, an instant fear crippled me and I decided to choose the easy way out: act confused. 

When he looked at me with those eyes that night, I felt like I was going to hell. 

I had been emotionally crippled as far as I could remember. I had a fear of falling in love. I had always sworn to myself that those who fall in love are fools and that they would regret it someday. Little did I know that I would become one of them.

One day, after school, I walked into a coffee shop near the apartment and ordered a latte. I sat down and looked around. Just then, I noticed a couple of boys that kept glancing at me and nudging each other. I gazed directly at them and they stared back. One of them walked over and smiled at me. "Hi, you must be Lee Ji-eun." 

I felt surprised and warily said "Yes. And who are you?"

He grinned. "My name is Chanyeol." He pointed to the other three boys seated at the other table. "That's D.O, Baekhyun and Suho." I nodded. He gestured the other boys to come over and they immediately came and sat next to me on my table. I started feeling self-conscious and asked "How do you know me?"

Baekhyun said "Oh, we're Sehun's friends."

I froze.

D.O observed my reaction and chuckled "You react exactly like Sehun whenever we mention your name around him." I felt confused. What did he mean by that? Suho said "Sehun talks about you a lot. You're the first girl he ever talks about. We were all surprised at first." They all laughed and Chanyeol said "We thought he'd end up alone forever, because despite his good looks, he's very cold and he never shows interest in girls." 

Baekhyun said "He can't be gay either, 'cause he never shows interest in guys."

I asked curiously "So is there anything you want to tell me?"  They all instantly leaned in and stared at me. I shrunk back and muttered "What?"

"Did you and Sehun fight?" 

I reddened slightly. "No..."

Baekhyun intervened. "He has been super moody recently. He's always been cold, but this is something different. All of us actually met up yesterday and when we asked him about you, he instantly darkened and clammed up. We couldn't get anything out of him." 

I felt a pang in my heart. D.O continued "You know, a few weeks ago, he actually told us that he had a weird feeling and wanted us to tell him what it was." I asked "What weird feeling?"

They all chuckled again and Suho leaned in. "He said that when he saw two certain people together, he gets all fiery, it feels like a train was running right through him and he wanted to rip the two of them apart. We told him that he was having a jealous fit but he was stubborn and kept insisting that he wasn't jealous. Aigoo, such a silly boy." 

Chanyeol smiled. "He may be cold and serious, but he's really clueless towards his emotions. He's like a child, in that way."

I flushed and looked away. Baekhyun mused "You know, you're really pretty, so at least Sehun has good taste. The two of you would look really good together. Oh, I forgot-" He turned to the rest. "- Sehun's seeing his mother today, right?" The other boys nodded and I remembered that night when he told me that he would be seeing his mother for the first time in years. He even asked me whether it was wrong to feel nervous. Thinking about that night, I realized that Sehun actually showed his vulnerable side to me, the side he had kept hidden from everyone else. I suddenly felt really upset.

I stood up and bowed "I'll be going now. It was nice to meet you all." Chanyeol yelled out "Go tell Sehun you love him too! Plus, remind him to give me back my DVD!" I reddened and walked out of the coffee shop. I went back to the apartment and it was empty, as usual. I decided to stay up and wait for Sehun to come back, as long as it takes. I sat down on the couch and watched TV. 

 

Hours passed. Rain started pouring heavily outside the window, and the room was lit in a dim glow. I glanced anxiously at the clock and realized it was already 1am in the morning, and he still wasn't home. Plus, there was such a heavy storm outside. I worriedly paced around the room and resolved to myself that if he didn't come home by 2am, I would go out and search for him.

When 2am came, he still wasn't at home. I grabbed my raincoat and umbrella and raced out to look for him. The streets were quite empty, but many people still walked briskly past me in raincoats. I walked down the street, trying to find him. I slumped against a shop window and mumbled "Think! Where could he have gone?"  Just then, a location popped into my mind. I turned and raced to the park.

When I reached the park, I walked around, calling for him. I didn't see him anywhere. The storm was getting heavier and my vision was getting blurry. I glanced anxiously around and yelled out "YAH! SEHUN! Stop this now, please! Answer me!"  My shout seemed to drown out the sound of the heavy rain. 

Just then, I looked back and noticed a lonely figure leaning against the tree. He was staring intently into space. He didn't have a raincoat or an umbrella, and he was completely soaked. I felt this intense pain in my chest and I knew it was my heart. I ran over to him and said "Yah, pabo. Do you know how long I've been looking for you?" 

He looked up and saw me. He didn't say anything. I silently sat down beside him and propped my umbrella up, so it was shielding us from most of the rain. We remained quiet.

Suddenly, he broke the silence. "Do you know that dolphins sleep with one eye open?"

I laughed. "What?"

He smiled. "Yeah, they do."

We lapsed into silence again. It was a good kind of silence though, and I felt comfortable. For the first time in days, I broke out into a little smile and leaned against the tree.

"So, did you meet your mother today?" I asked.

He shrugged and shook his head. "No."

"Why?"

"I didn't see the point. She abandoned me when I was a kid. I managed to survive without her, and I can continue doing so." The rain continued pouring down on us, but that was the last thing that was on our minds.

I suddenly felt a strong urge to blurt out my feelings. I looked at him and said softly "You know, I believe that everything happens for a reason."

He turned to look at me. I continued on "I believe that meeting you was something that was set in the stars, something that had been destined...."

He finished quietly "So that two screwed up souls can meet each other and become whole again."  

We were quiet again and just then, he came closer to me and wrapped his arms around me. Despite the cold rain, he felt so warm and comfortable, I felt like I would willingly lie there forever.

I murmured softly "I love you." I said it so quietly, I didn't know that he could hear me. A smile broke out on his face and he whispered into my ear "I heard what you said, and you can't take it back." I blushed and he tightened his embrace. We remained that way, under the pouring rain, lost in our own little world.

 

And from that moment on, we were more intertwined than ever, never wiling to let go again. 

 

 

*******

COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE. :D

Tell me what you think. 

Comment more, please. I absolutely adore reading your comments. :)