Radioactive.

Falling In Love With Sehun.

 

 

*****

 

I woke up late the next morning and had immediately rushed to college in a daze, clutching my black coat in one hand and holding my files and binders in another. It was a beautiful winter morning and the city was filled with people hurrying on to their respective destinations, all of us an insignificant tide in the face of the world. I successfully reached campus without any troubles and broke out into a run across the enormous sprawling courtyard, desperate to get to class before I was late. I didn't want to be reprimanded by my lecturer in front of an entire room of bored college students. 

I managed to make it on time and burst into class at the very last second. It was a Government class, which was one of the only classes that was compulsory for all students from all departments. It was usually a huge class, bursting to the brim with bored students and my hurried entrance seemed to have gathered unwanted attention. I bristled slightly but quickly slid into an empty seat, taking out my Mac and waiting for the lecturer to arrive.

Just then, our lecturer arrived and begun the class. He was into the finer points of the Republican system when there was a small knock on the door. Everyone darted their gazes onto the shiny wooden door as it slowly swung open. A boy clad in a black blazer and well-fitting jeans stepped in, an Alexander Wang bag slung onto his shoulder and a silver Rolex glittered on his wrist. He was tall and slender, yet well-built with gorgeous dark brown hair, beautiful smouldering brown eyes and perfect skin. 

He was Oh Sehun.

I let out a startled squawk like a parrot and immediately ducked my head into the collar of my coat when people turned around to stare at me. He handed a piece of paper to the lecturer and murmured softly- his voice like silk. "I'm a new student. Apparently I'm supposed to be in this class?" The lecturer nodded and gestured to the students- practically the entire female population were already starry-eyed. "Go sit down." Sehun just nods and gazes out at the crowd of students, indifferent to their stares. His gaze rests on me as a look of surprise flits across his face.

I sank even further down into my seat.

 

He sits down next to me but doesn't acknowledge me. I steadfastly ignore his presence next to me and tried to focus on the lecturer's long winded lesson about the Republican system. But it was impossible. He was so magnetic, so compelling that I had to use all of my self-restraint to not look at him. My fingers tighten on my Mac and I resolved to immediately run out of class once it ended. It was pathetic, really. Even after all these years, I still couldn't act normal around him. I still couldn't forget. 

When class ended, I immediately jumped up and started to walk off. A slim hand reaches out and wraps itself firmly around my wrist, stopping me in my tracks. I freeze up and turned around to meet the magnetic gaze of the inscrutable Oh Sehun- the same boy that was surrounded by literally the entire female population of Government class now. "Don't go."

I grit my teeth and pull my hand out of his grasp. My hands hung limply by my side as I silently shook my head and walked out of the class. I turned back one last time to see Sehun still sitting there, staring silently at his table, his eyes clouded with a million emotions. It was almost as if he was lonely. I shrugged that thought out of my mind as I headed off to the cafe. It was a cold winter afternoon and the wind blew at me harshly, stinging me with the cold. I wrapped my coat even tighter around myself as I entered the sparkling cafe doors.

Kris and Tao were already seated there, holding hands and looking disgustingly in love. I swallowed down my reproach and silently made my way over to them. I plopped down into a seat, ordered a latte and stared forlornly at the two of them. They seemed to have detected my general mood and Kris sighed, reaching out to place a hand on my shoulder. "Are you okay?"

I snapped out of my forlorn reverie and nodded. "Of course, why wouldn't I be?"

Tao eyed me suspiciously. "You've been acting really weird nowadays." I rolled my eyes and took a sip of my steaming hot latte. "You're being delusional, Tao. I've just been feeling rather moody. It's not a big deal." Both of them shrugged and took a sip of their Americanos in unison, causing me to chuckle. The two of them were so alike in some ways- it was adorable. Tao smirks and glances at Kris. "I met a new guy today. All the girls in my department are in a flutter over him. Apparently he's super handsome. He's a bit quiet and cold though, he doesn't talk much." 

Kris nods and laughs. "I've heard rumors too. I heard someone say that he had received 5 love letters in less than 2 days." 

Just then, Tao's eyes light up and a mischeivous twinkle glitters in his dark eyes. "Oh, there he is! Hey!" He waves frantically to get the supposedly super popular new guy's attention while I just continued staring at my Mac, willing myself to snap out of my moodiness. I felt someone walking over and slide into the seat next to mine, and I looked up. It was Oh Sehun. Again. I continued staring at him and he stares back at me, the two of us transfixed in each other, oblivious to the curious Kris and Tao.

"So," Kris clears his throat and gazes at me. "Both of you know each other?"

"No!" I snap whereas Sehun calmly says "Yes." I turned around and glared at him, as he stares back at me- his beautiful smouldering brown eyes boring holes into my own. I avoided his gaze and looked out of the cafe window, my fingers clenching into fists. It was unfair. How is it that the two of us seemed to bump into each other all the time? It was said that the only way out of the labyrinth of suffering was to forgive, but I couldn't, at least, not yet. It still hurt too much- even thinking about the dark days when he had first left all those years back managed to render me numb and hollow, an empty shell of what I used to be. 

"Interesting." Tao muses. "How do you know her?" He asks Sehun, curiousity alight in his tone. Sehun smirks and his dark smouldering eyes seemed to emanate a mysterious glow as he answers slowly, drawing out every single syllable in his light tone.

 

"She's my girlfriend."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*****

Wow... It's been over a month since I last updated.

I have been too addicted to the Livejournal community recently. If you have Livejournal, add me!

My livejournal is here

I actually wrote a lot of new fics at my Livejournal, so feel free to check it out. :)

Subscribe and comment, please!  Thanks. :3