The truth.

Falling In Love With Sehun.

 

Sehun stared at the father he despised, willing himself to forget what his father just said. "She left us because of Lee Ji-suk?" Oh Se Jung snorted and inhaled his cigar deeply before puffing out a perfect smoke ring. Sehun grimaced slightly. He hated smoking and he despised how the smoke seemed to spread out around his pristine living room, dirtying the very air around it. 

"Your mother worked as Lee Ji-suk's secretary for 3 years. And when you were seven years old, she came home one night and told me that she was leaving me to be with him. Apparently she was..." He trailed off with a bitter smirk. "....tired of me and Ji-suk loved her. He told her that he was going to divorce his wife and marry her. She begged me to let her go."

"I loved your mother with my entire heart, but she left me for another man, who later turned out to be my business rival. And you know what hurts the most? Apparently they had been having an affair for an entire year, before she even... bothered telling me."

No....

 

".... You're lying." Sehun managed to say out with clenched teeth, his hand trembling slightly.

His father laughed and said "My boy, why would I concoct a story like that? I bet Lee Ji-suk told you that I was the reason for his bankruptcy, right? That devious bastard just managed to conveniently leave out the fact that the reason why I did that was because he stole your mother away from me. And you know what happened, after all these years? Your mother left me for him, but in the end, he dumped her and didn't divorce his wife, even though he promised her. He broke your mother's heart, and your mother broke mine."

"YOU'RE LYING!" Sehun roared out, and he threw an expensive vase across the room. It hit the wall and smashed into a million pieces. It was an expensive handmade piece, but it shattered easily anyway. His heart felt like it was being continuously stabbed and stepped on, left lying out in the open. His father stared at the shards of the broken vase and said quietly "I can assure you that I'm not lying. You can ask that bastard yourself, or your own mother, if you want to.”

 

“This can’t be true. This can’t be happening.” Sehun said softly. When was the pain ever going to stop? He thought of Ji-eun’s beautiful smiling face, he thought of her father’s cold sneer, he remembered how her father told him that he was never going to be good enough for her, that Luhan could give her everything that Sehun couldn’t.

 

Oh Se Jung eyed his handsome son, who was currently being twisted by hatred and stood up slowly, brushing the ashes of his cigar off his tweed coat. “Now can you see why you and that girl can never be together? The two of you have a history, a dirty ugly history. This history can never be resolved, and it can never be forgotten. You can try to avoid it all you want, but it’ll come back one day and bite you in the .”

 

Sehun kept quiet and continued staring at the shards of the broken vase on the floor.

Oh Se Jung continued “Her father gave you a cheque, didn’t he? I suggest that you put it in good use. Use it to go to the country of your choice, start a new life, forget about that daughter of his, and never come back to Korea again.”

He started to walk out of the door but before that, he turned around and gazed at Sehun. “Did you hear that Ji-suk managed to reverse his bankruptcy? His company is starting a joint venture with Luwan’s company. Do you know what that means? Their families will be more tied together than ever. She might marry that son of Luwan’s one day, what’s his name again? Ah, I remember, it’s Luhan. That’s why you better stay away and not interfere. I don’t want my son dating that filth’s daughter.”

 

He left the apartment, slamming the door behind him.

 

Sehun let out a guttural howl and threw a glass on the floor. He didn’t stop until practically everything was lying broken and smashed on the floor. Only then, did he slowly sink down on the floor and start trembling uncontrollably.