Chapter 2: Apology

My Little Avatar

 

BRRRRIIIINGG
 
Once the school bell rung, all of the kids in Min Ki's homeroom class fled like crazed ants. Min Ki stayed behind at her seat to finish some notes taken in class when someone took the seat next to her.
 
"Annyeong Min Ki!" the voice happily said. Min Ki looked up, only to see that annoying kid again. Key, was it?
 
"I told you not to talk to me again," Min Ki growled, making full-on eye contact, trying to make Key intimidated.
 
Key nervously played with his fingers and spoke again, "I just want to try to be your friend!" 
 
"I have no friends, now leave me alone," Min Ki replied coldly, trying to get him to leave.
 
"I'm not leaving until we become friends," Key folded his arms and remained in the seat next to her, a bit too close, making Min Ki uncomfortable.
 
Control yourself.... Control yourself..... Control yourself, he'll go away, Min Ki thought to herself.
 
"You write slow, let me help you with your notes," Key grabbed the pencil from her hand and began jotting away in her notebook, even closer to Min Ki which made her snap. From under the table, she tightened her hand into a fist and slowly shook it, smirking a bit to herself.
 
"OW! Aish, not again!" Key rubbed his sore hand from the pencil that was quickly heating up in his grasp.
 
"I'm done here," was all Min Ki said when she left the room, leaving Key to tend to his burnt hand. Little did Min Ki know that watching her was her very own sister, Kwon Yuri, who waited at the door for her.
 
"Kwon Min Ki, how many times do I have to tell you that you can't go using your powers like that on people! They're just trying to be nice to you!" she snapped, following Min Ki home.
 
"Nobody's really nice in this world, and you know I hate it when you use my full name!" Min Ki, or Mikki shot back. Min Ki originally went by Mikki by her siblings, but never told anyone at school, afraid they wouldn't take her seriously.
 
"When are you going to except the fact that the past is the past?" Yuri asked. 
 
"When Umma and Appa come back," she replied. The comment made by her made Yuri stop in her tracks and turn to face her.
 
"Umma and Appa are never coming back," she whispered sadly.
 
When Mikki and Yuri reached their house, they took off their shoes and waited to be greeted by their brother. The three lived alone, yet that was all they needed.
 
"Jiyong! We're home!" Yuri called. Jiyong, or G-Dragon by friends, stepped out of the bathroom and nodded at his two younger sisters. Because Jiyong was the eldest and out of school, he was practically their legal guardian. You could call it a mentor.
 
"How was school?" he asked. "I made snacks," he motioned towards the dining table in the middle of the room that had all sorts of food on it.
 
"It was great at first...." Yuri turned her head to look at the trio's maknae, "until Mikki acted up again."
 
"He was being annoying!" Mikki defended.
 
Jiyong sighed. "Annoying or not, Mikki, you have to contain your emotions or people will start noticing!"
 
"I think they started noticing the day I came to Daegu," she rolled her eyes. "I just can't control it! When I'm mad, I'm mad!" Ever since her parents left, Mikki has had anger issues and became very distant from others, probably scared she would just get hurt again.
 
They took a moment of silence to clear all their thoughts. "I never asked to be this way. What I don't understand, though, is why you two are related to me and you guys don't have the same powers."
 
"You're special. You should like being this way! You have all powers while I only have water and Jiyoung only has earth," Yuri explained and pat her younger sister's head. "Now get ready for training, arasso?"
 
***
 
"Ow...." Key winced as Taemin wrapped the bandage around his wounded hand.
 
"I told you so... She's a creep, right?" Taemin widened his eyes at Key and continued folding the wrap.
 
"She is not a creep. It's just a coincidence that these things happen!" Key fired back.
 
"Well next time it happens, I'm not planning your funeral."
 
"I'm not gonna die because of this one girl, okay? She seems nice..." Key thought about her as his voice drifted off.
 
"Nice? Or pretty?" Taemin wiggled his eyebrows and nudged him with his elbow.
 
"I bet she'd be pretty without the depressing orb around her," Key said. "I'm gonna help her open up a bit more, that's all she needs."
 
"Yeah, that and a new victim," Taemin muttered to himself.
 
***
 
Mikki, now back to Min Ki, grumbled her way past the hallway and to her locker. "Pfft, apologize? Then he'll think we're friends and never leave me alone!" she whispered angrily to herself.
 
Flashback
 
"Please just try to stay out of trouble... for one day? Please?" Yuri begged her sister. "And I want you to apologize to that boy!" she ordered.
 
"Apologize? For what?" Mikki crinkled her nose.
 
"For being mean to him when he was trying to help you!"
 
"But-" Yuri cut her off.
 
"No buts, and hurry or you'll be late for school."
 
End of Flashback
 
Grabbing her books, she slammed her locker and got ready for homeroom. There was no way in hell that she would ever apologize to..... to..... What was his name again?
 
Both of those times when he tried talking to her, she had only pushed him away with the same power- fire. That's what she always used when she was mad. When she was sad and didn't want to be bothered, it was water. When she was happy, which rarely ever happens anymore, she'll use earth, and any other emotion like jealousy or confusion, she'd use air.
 
"Hey Monkey!" a deep voice called for her. Turning around, it was none other than Choi Seunghyun, one of her very own brother's friends, and fellow fire bender. Ever since the two met, Seunghyun had always for her name. He had said that it could turn into anything- Mikki, Monkey, Mickey Mouse, Min's Key, , etc. Monkey was his favorite.
 
"What are you doing here? You don't go to school anymore," she raised an eyebrow at him.
 
"You forgot your textbook and Jiyong told me to give it to you," he handed it to her. She whispered a quiet "Thank you" before returning to her disgusted face. Just because Seunghyun didn't leave yet, Min Ki knew he wanted something, most likely a favor.
 
"What do you want, Seunghyun?" she scowled. "I'm really not in the mood right now."
 
"I was just wondering if you were coming to training tonight. There is that anual Bending Tournament coming up and I wanted you to be on our team," he shrugged, walking next to her.
 
"Wouldn't that be cheating?" Min Ki raised an eyebrow at him. "I do have all the powers, and they asked me to be the judge."
 
"They did? Poop, I guess five people will have to do then," Seunghyun pouted. "Oh gotta run, see you later, Monkey!"
 
Min Ki sighed and blew her side bangs away from her eyes and face, making a note to self to cut them later. Now to go *gulp* apologize to..... to...... Stalker dude.