Chapter 25: Revealing

My Little Avatar

Mikki looked left and right around school campus. Key didn't blame her- she was just worried one of the other students had found the camera. But after the umpteenth time of doing so, it started to get just plain annoying.

"I doubt any of them found it," he said trying to relieve her stress, but even after that it didn't subside.

"You can't be too sure. People have their ways," she simply responded. "Any one of these people can be guilty."

He sighed and shut his locker closed, knowing there was no way of calming her down. After slinging his backpack around his shoulder he grabbed her hand and dragged her out of the hallway and into the cafeteria for lunch hour.

The two were the first ones there. They didn't talk at all, but the silence wasn't awkward. It was one of those comfortable silences that let you know that everything is pure between the relationship.

"Hey!"

Mikki choked on her food and ducked under the table when suddenly everyone else finally walked towards it. She could almost feel Jonghyun smirk. You see, after Jonghyun had finally gotten used to Mikki at the table, they still never saw eye-to-eye. They had one of those frenemy relationships, though neither of them really minded. It was just when they were in a serious argument, when everyone was being in- meaning they were in for it.

"What's up with her? Little jumpy today, Kwon?" he snorted and snickered.

Mikki groaned and got out, fixing her hair and glaring at Jonghyun in the process. "Shut up," her eyes narrowed and you could almost see the smoke that was threatening to come from her hand if it wasn't for Key who stepped on her foot from below as a reminder.

"Say ahhhhhh," Key cooed while holding up a spoonful of rice up to Mikki's mouth. She made a face and although it seemed like she was annoyed, she secretly loved the fact that they were together now, it was just kind of embarrassing when doing so in front of a group. She obligingly took it and smiled.

Key looked up, meeting with 2 confused faces- Onew and Jonghyun. Minho had already known, and Taemin and Nicole were too busy whispering and high-fiving each other at their work of setting them up, although they barely even did anything at all.

"Are you-" Jonghyun started.

"Took you long enough," she shot back and stuck her tongue out at him. He scowled and looked away, unsatisfied.

"More like it took you guys long enough to get together," Nicole sang and giggled at the couple's red faces. "It was kind of obvious that you two liked each other."

Taemin nodded and continued chewing on his lunch. "Especially Key hyung."

Mikki snorted and covered her face with her hair and put a hand over to prevent her laughter at her shy boyfriend. She cleared and smiled. Even in the most worrying and desperate times in need, her friends were always there for her. Although for her, it did sound kind of weird. At first she was the loner freak with absolutely no friends, and now she's laughing and hanging out with some of the most popular people in school, along with her new boyfriend. Ever since she began hanging out with the populars, everyone treated her differently. The people who originally called her a freak were asking her to come to their parties, and the guys who would poke fun at her were suddenly ogling over her.

For once in 5 years, she felt... happy and welcomed. It felt good. What made it even better was she finally decided to push aside the fact that she had to leave in a short amount of time.

After school ended, Key invited Mikki and everyone else to his house- to which they obliged to. As they walked through the door, Key noticed something. Either Umma's talking to herself or she also has someone over...

"Kibummie? Are you home?"

His friends snickered and snorted at the little nickname, but nonetheless, they still bowed.

"Neh. I brought my friends if that's okay with you," he responded and set his backpack down.

"That's fine. I just wanted to introduce one of my good friends. She also volunteers at the hospital with me. She's the one that told me all of those bizarre avatar-bender stories," she whispered that last part; however, it was still something that caught everyone's ears to attention. Key, Mikki, Minho, and Taemin all worriedly glanced at each other, but remained calm and silent on the outside.

"You can come in now," she gestured from behind the corner, and out popped another petite structure. Automatically, everyone bowed to her and she did as well. "Kibum, everyone, this is Jaemin. Kwon Jaemin."

Mikki, her back still bent in a bow, let out a little surprised yelp. She balled her fists and shook with anger.

"Children? D-Do you and your father know something I dont?"

"Umma, I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry. I should have told you. Please, please say something!"

Her breathing became heavy and her whole body stiffened with a number of mixed emotions. She was depressed, angry, shocked, and happy all at once. Tears began to well up in her eyes and as she blinked them away, more and more came out, like it was impossible to block them. She made sure that she was still bowing, though, and kept her long hair down the sides of her face.

Key's mother stepped up once she noticed the girl's state. "Min Ki-ah, are you okay?" she asked and gently placed a hand on her shoulder.

"Yah! Yah, Kwon Min Ki, get up!" Jonghyun tapped her on the other shoulder, then rolled his eyes. "Aish."

This time it was Jaemin's turn to widen her eyes and look down with a hard stare. She gulped. Both wanted to speak up, but at the same time, waited for the other to begin.

"D-Di-id you say.... K-Kwon Min Ki?" Jaemin quietly whispered. Jonghyun looked around, then pointed to himself.

"Me? Neh, Kwon Min Ki. Sorry for her. She can be kind of... narrow-minded at times," he snickered, but was cut off by Jaemin's glare, her tears continuing to flow.

"Dont.... Dont you dare... talk about m-my... d-daughter like that," she choked out, her fists shaking with rage. And that's when time stopped for everybody.

"E-Eh???" they all shouted in unison.

"Daughter?!" Key looked from Min Ki who finally straightened out her back, her crying face now in sight, and Jaemin who looked exactly the same. Key's mom was no different.

Onew's jaw dropped. "S-So that means..." he glanced over at the youngest girl, "that's your mom?"

Min Ki sighed, but nodded slowly. "L-Long lost," she slightly corrected him. "Long lost mother."

The people who didn't know their story, meaning everyone but Key, blinked in confusion, but decided to leave it alone, for knowing what really happened would have been too much for their brains to take.

"Come on, children," his mom said, "Let's all go upstairs so we can leave these two by themselves."

When they were all gone, it was just the two. Mother and daughter. Staring at each other without a word. Neither of them knew what to say. One part of both of them wanted to pretend like they never knew each other, yet the other part of them wanted to jump in each others' arms and cry their eyes out.

"I would have told you," Mikki spoke up once her tears dried away. "B-But appa said that-"

"Min Ki-ah," Jaemin stopped her. "I know. I'm not mad."

Mikki looked at her softly. "But you have all the right to," she retorted.

"I also have all the right not to," Jaemin corrected. Mikki slightly smiled and chuckled to herself.

"I also didn't mean to leave," she added. "I was shocked and-"

"Umma," Mikki said, the foreign word dancing on her tongue. "I know."

"C-Can I have a hug?" Jaemin sniffed, a lone tear rolling down her face. Her arms were wide open, waiting to either be rejected, or accepted.

Mikki giggled. "You don't have to ask," she cried and literally ran into the other's arms, letting her tears finally fall as she buried her face in her mom's shoulder. "I missed you."

Jaemin let out a small wail. "I missed you, too. I love you."

"Me too. Can you promise me something?"

"Hmmm?"

"Please don't leave again."

"I won't. Promise. I'm not afraid anymore."

***

After everyone had left, Key walked to the fridge in hopes of finding something nice to eat. He still couldn't shake off the fact that Jaemin had been her mother all along. It was heartwarming, yet strange at the same time.

He smiled in satisfaction when a small little wrapped up cupcake caught his eye, and he slowly picked it up. "Don't mind if I do," he chuckled and unwrapped it slowly.

As he continued to eat, the small, lost camera flashed into his mind again. He sighed.

If I don't find that thing soon, it could be all over.

It was all over from the beginning. She was leaving anyway, remember?

"Aish!" he shook his head and ruffled his hair, trying to rid of the unknown voice in his head. It may have been small and tiny, but it was enough to make him go absolutely insane. He thought of when he first met Mikki and how hard he tried to get her to open up. What did I get myself into? It's hard to believe that if I didn't sit down at her table, I wouldn't be in this mess right now.

Key scratched the back of his ear and sighed. He knew the other part of his mind was right. Even though he didn't want it to be true, it was. And there was nothing he could do about it.

Suddenly, the banging of the door caught his attention and snapped him back to reality.

"Neh! I'm coming!" he shouted, taking the small plate and fork with him.

"Yes?" he answered the door, and his jaw dropped, surprised to see what was behind it all along.

A man gave him a stern look, then said, "Are you Kim Kibum?"

"N-Neh. W-Waeyo?"

From behind his back, the man took out the wanted camera and pointed at the name tag on it that read, "PROPERTY OF KIM KIBUM'S. PLEASE RETURN TO XXX"

"And I'm guessing that this camera is yours?" he asked again. Key widened his eyes and began to shake from fear. The plate in his right hand fell to the ground, everything shattering to pieces.

"So it is," he accused.

"Wh-Who are you?" Key tried to seem intimidating, but instead looked like a scared and lost little puppy in the other's eyes.

"Me? Oh, I don't think you want to know who I am. I think we should focus more on you. I'm going to have to ask you a few questions," he stated and invited himself into the comforts of the home.

"And what if I say no?" Key turned, the door still opened, with his eyebrow raised high.

The man chuckled and held up the camera again. "I don't think you'll want to do that. One wrong move and this thing is going to the reporters, kid."

...And suddenly Key's world came crashing down...

FUUUUUUUUC-

================================================================

Yup. All the cliffhangers from the previous chapter are now answered! isn't that awesome??? heh. anyways, please comment and subscribe, i have so many silent readers T^T but thats okay! so just wanted to let you all know that i'm finishing one of my other fics, meaning that i'll have room for a NEW ONE! *throws confetti* so i'll keep you updated on that... it's gonna be a hunhan fic, so if you are a major HUNHAN SHIPPER, stay tuned~ thanks!

-dino-nerd525