Chapter 6: Nightmare

My Little Avatar

 

"Yep. I am the avatar," she bit her bottom lip. I'm in so much trouble.... "But that doesn't change anything about me," she snapped.
 
"I didn't say it did," Key sat back down.
 
"Go ahead. Leave. Tell everyone, get freaked out by me, I don't give a crap," Min Ki folded her arms over her chest. I really do give a crap...
 
"I'm not gonna do that," he replied calmly.
 
Min Ki slammed her hands on the table forcefully. "How are you not freaked out by this?!" she raged.
 
He shrugged. "I don't find that a bad thing, and I don't know myself. Those stories probably warmed me up for this. But... I-I don't get it. Those stories... I really thought she was just a myth!"
 
Min Ki rolled her eyes. "That's what we tell people so they don't blow our cover."
 
"We?" Key tilted his head to the side.
 
"It isn't just me," she pointed at herself. "Well, I'm the only avatar, not the only bender."
 
"That's so awesome!" Key shrieked. "Can you show me sometime?" his eyes widened, making them as big as saucers.
 
"No! It's already against the rules that you know, let alone show you," Min Ki scowled.
 
Key pouted, but continued his raving. "So since you have all the powers, you're the strongest?"
 
"Why do you want to know?" Min Ki resumed eating her food and ran her hand through her thick, straight hair.
 
"So that means you fight a lot?"
 
"No more questions."
 
"And you search for the other avatars like in the stories?"
 
"I said no more questions!" she pointed a finger at him. "Just don't tell anybody, or I will kill you. Mark my words." Key crossed his heart with his finger and raised his hand up.
 
"Good."
 
***
 
At the end of homeroom, Min Ki and Key were the last ones there (as usual). Neither of them talked to each other, but both of them would glance at the other once in a while.
 
Yuri walked in to help Min Ki with her notes, since she does write helplessly slow.
 
As they were working away, Key passed Min Ki's desk on the way out, and winked at her, not to flirt, but to say, "Your secret's safe with me."
 
But, of course, Yuri did take it the first way. "I think Key's trying to get your attention, Mikki," she nudged her with her elbow.
 
"Or your's," Mikki shrugged, finishing her notes and taking off, Yuri lagging behind.
 
"Yuri?" Mikki called.
 
"Yeah?"
 
"What do you think would happen if a mortal found out our secret?" Mikki asked cautiously.
 
Yuri thought for a bit. "Depends on who the pereson is. If that person tells someone else and the word spreads, then all the benders in the area would have to relocate, especially if it gets to the government. Did someone find out?" she raised her eyebrow.
 
Mikki bit her lip and nodded. Yuri sighed.
 
"Who?" she slumped her shoulders.
 
"Key," Mikki muttered.
 
"I don't know him that well, but I think he'd be okay. He seems trustworthy," Yuri pat Mikki on the back. "Just don't tell Jiyong, he'll get all protective," she ordered.
 
"Don't worry, I already know that," Mikki slightly smiled.
 
***
 
That whole night, all Key could think about was Min Ki. It was her all along... How could I not have known...?
 
The fact that Key knew her secret now made Key want to get closer to her; maybe they'll actually become friends.
 
He flicked the light switch to off and shifted in his bed, ready for a long night filled with his deep thoughts.
 
***
 
Min Ki fell to the ground- her wobbly knees taking over her. She didn't have the strength to go on, but she knew she had to, or she'd be a goner.
 
"Freeze!" they shouted again. She got to her feet and ran as fast as she could go. She threw a fire ball at them, but they easily dodged it.
 
"Min Ki-ah?" she heard her mother's voice call.
 
"Mom? Umma? Umma, where are you?" Min Ki pleaded, tears staining her cheeks. "Please, I need you, help me! Come back!" she shouted, but to no avail. She heard them coming again; she ducked and hid herself in the rustle of trees nearby.
 
"Freeze!" they jumped in. "Oh avatar," they chanted. "Come out come out wherever you are! We just want to run a couple of tests on you." 
 
Min Ki cursed under her breath. "Why, Key, why?" she kept saying over and over again.
 
"Ahaha. Found you!" 
 
"AHHHH!" Min Ki shot straight up in her bed at the sound of her alarm. "Ohhh it was just a dream," she whispered and sighed in relief. "Nobody's after me, nobody found out..." she yawned.
 
"Mikki! Are you okay?" Jiyong came in holding one of his baseball bats.
 
She yawned again. "I'm fine, just a bad dream, that's all," she assured him.
 
"Are you sure?" 
 
"Yeah."
 
"Okay, well breakfast is on the counter if you want it."
 
"Gomawo," she thanked him.
 
***
 
"Ah, Yuri, it was the strangest dream ever! These people were after me for my powers, and Umma was there... sorta... and then I kept saying stuff about Key," she explained while Yuri exaimined herself in the mirror of the store's dressing room.
 
"That is strange. Doest this look good on me?" she pointed at the sundress. Min Ki nodded.
 
"But I don't know why I suddenly had that dream... And about Key, too."
 
"Well he does know our secret," Yuri ruffled her hair.
 
"What?"
 
"He figured out our secret, you told me yourself," Yuri put on her serious face.
 
"So that... wasn't all a dream?" Min Ki's eyes widened.
 
"Not that part, no," Yuri nodded her head.
 
"CRAP!" 
 
=========================================================
 
Hi Hi! :D So how was this chapter? Big bang won against Katy Perry in the pop off~! WOOHOO! Sorry to those Katy Perry fans, though :) So I got both my trailer and poster recently, poster by xxesmeeee, trailer by heartcupcake~! YOU GUYS ROCK HARD!!! Here's the link to the trailer:
Don't forget to comment and tell me what you think! Gimme some feedback~!
 
 
-dino-nerd525