Chapter 4: Suspicions

My Little Avatar

 

"Key?"
 
"Min Ki! that is you!" Key shouted, chocolate all over his mouth.
 
"You kinda have something....." Min Ki outlined her face where his chocolate was, signaling him to clean it up. He picked up the closest napkin and wiped his face, smearing it even more.
 
"Uhhh.... still there," Min Ki tried to hold in her laughter. Key wiped all over his face, leaving chocolate stains everywhere.
 
"You got it," Min Ki lied and rolled her eyes.
 
"So what are you doing here tonight?" he asked, the rest of the chocolate from his lips.
 
"Just.... family," she said, accidentally making her voice higher at the end so it sounded more of a question. He nodded.
 
"Do you want some? It's reeeeeaalllly good!" Key waved a cup of chocolate around her face. Min Ki could feel water and followed the cup everywhere it went with her eyes.
 
"N-No," she pushed it away, making sure she didn't have any tonight. Min Ki had this weird sugar addiction. When she started, she couldn't stop, and when she couldn't stop, there was no controlling her powers, and no telling what they would do.
 
"Are you sure?" Key asked again, practically shoving the cup into her face.
 
"I said no!" she snapped, resisting the urge to heat the cup up.
 
"Okay, suit yourself!" he sang, chugging down some more of the cup like it was soda. Min Ki unknowingly her lips. Key smirked. 
 
As a joke, Key poured the remaining chocolate down Min Ki's mouth, tilting her head up to make sure she didn't spit it out. Min Ki choked for air after swallowing and gasped before running into the bathroom.
 
***
 
"Wait, Min Ki! I'm sorry! It was a joke!" Min Ki heard Key yell from in the bathroom. She paced back and forth, making sure no one was in any of the stalls, of course.
 
"No no no no, this is not good...." Min Ki could already feel herself shake and twitch from the high amount of sugar. She the outline of chocolate sauce around to try and satisfy her needs. However, it wasn't enough.
 
Walking out of the bathroom, Min Ki casually picked up two cups of chocolate and sped-walked back to her table, drinking more on the way.
 
"Mikki! Put that down, you know what happens to you when you have too much sugar!" Yuri scolded, trying to take the cup out of her sister's hold. Mikki backed away in her seat.
 
"I'll be careful! This is my last one, geez," she rolled her eyes. Fany laughed.
 
"So I was thinking the winning team would get a big-- Mikki," Tiffany stopped mid-sentence when she realized what was going on. The flower bud in the middle of the table began to blossom- at first. It kept growing, and growing, and twisting. Soon, the flower was being drowned in nothing but thorns and vines.
 
"Mikki!" Yuri waved her hand in front of her face, but to no avail. Once Mikki was on the stuff, she was in a trance and refused to come back to reality.
 
"Hey Min Ki, I just wanted to say I was sorry for- woah," Key's eyes widened at the large plant in front of him. "What happened? Min Ki? Hello?" Key snapped his fingers. Mikki twitched.
 
"Uhh.... Key was it? Min Ki is just..... tired. S-She can...... she can sleep with her eyes open. She's sleeping right now.... Hehe," Yuri lied.
 
"I think your water's floating," Key said.
 
"What?"
 
"Your water. It's floating," he pointed at Min Ki's glass of water. All that was left in the glass was ice. Her water had risen up and floated in mid-air, twisting and lapping around, dancing in the air.
 
"Hey Key! Let's go for a walk, shall we?" Fany laughed quickly and pushed Key's back.
 
"What? I don't even--"
 
"Yeah that's right, let's go!" she shoved him into the waiters' cart, knocking a few trays off of it before sprinting back. People in the restaurant began to notice the weird change in events, and started whispering to each other.
 
"Hurry! People are watching, get her out of here before Key comes back!" Fany shouted, taking hold of one of Mikki's arms while Yuri took the other. Not bothering to carry her legs, they dragged her body along side the corners of the restaurant, occasionally bumping a few tables on the way, before they were out the exit.
 
***
 
"Key, what happened?" Minho joined his friend after that little episode with Min Ki.
 
"I-I'm not so sure myself...." Key scratched the back of his head. 
 
What did just happen? The things they say about Min Ki.... They can't be true, right? After what just happened, it's a bit hard to figure out...
 
***
 
Min Ki walked to school the next day with a massive headache. She wore sunglasses and a scarf around her face to cover it , mostly for the fact she didn't get much sleep last night, and for the other reason being she didn't want to face Key. She spotted him across the street and decided to slow down and hide until he left. Maybe he won't see me....
 
"Min Ki! Wait up!" Damn it....
 
Min Ki ignored him and walked faster, only resulting in his running until he caught up with her.
 
"So about last night...." he started. Min Ki walked past him.
 
"I was just gonna say...." she ignored him again. 
 
"Can you wait up?" he put his hand on her shoulder.
 
She turned around with a harsh look on her face and shook his hand off. "Leave. Me. Alone. I don't want to walk with you, I don't want to talk to you, and I especially do not want to be your friend!" she snapped and stomped off, leaving Key dumbfounded.
 
***
 
There was no denying it. Min Ki felt guilty. She didn't mean to snap at him like that, she just didn't want him to get too close to her. That's usually the reason why she shakes people off like that- because she doesn't want them or herself getting hurt. She's just afraid that if she gets too close to people and they find out her secret, they'll leave. To be honest, Min Ki kind of liked Key's presence, it made her feel like someone actually cares for her, but obviously, she messed it all up.
 
"Damn it, now I have to go apologize.... again."