Chapter 18: Family Talk

My Little Avatar

A/N: Hey guys, if this chapter seems familiar to you, I just want to let you know beforehand that this is a chapter that was deleted when the whole mishap happened. So I rewrote it. If you already read it, nothing changed, just some things, but not the plot itself, so... yeah. Very sorry for not updating in a while, I'm working on rewriting my other missing chapter on my other story since that one doesn't seem like it'll come back anytime soon, either... sorry again!

============================================================

Key blankly stared at the ceiling above him.

"Let's just say... I have somebody else in mind..."

That one sentence floated in his head, replaying again and again. She couldn't have meant me... right?!

"Well I wouldn't mind it..." he spoke to himself.

***

Min Ki plopped onto her bed before burying her face into her pillow and kicking her legs frantically. "Why. Did. I. Do. That?!" she yelled at herself, her screams getting muffled by the pillow. He's gonna think I meant him now! Well... don't I? What?

Suddenly, a small knock came from the already opened door, revealing a curious Yuri who had already heard Min Ki's frustrating yells.

"Mikki? You okay?" she asked. Min Ki (now Mikki) shook her head before waving her hand once in the air, signaling for her to go away. Instead, however, Yuri just walked right in without invitation and sat next to her. "You wanna talk about it?"

Mikki sat up in utter confusion. She knew that they cared for each other, but not in the way that they would talk about it.

"No. Now leave, please," Mikki almost begged.

"What is it? School? Training?" After thinking for a long while, something, or someone, automatically popped into her mind. "It was Key, wasn't it?" Yuri laughed once seen her sister's head flying straight up at mention of the name.

"It is?! What? Do you like him?" she questioned, sending herself into a fit of laughter. Her giggles soon faded once she realized that she was still the only one laughing. After wiping a tear from her eye, she glance over at the younger who was biting her lip nervously. Yuri gasped. "YOU DO!"

"What?! No, no I don't!" Mikki waved her hands in the air defensively.

"YOU LOVE HIM!" 

"SHUT UP!"

"ADMIT IT!"

"I DON'T!"

"I HEARD SCREAMING IS EVERYTHING OKAY?!" Jiyong hollered over the both of them, panting afterwards.

"No, Mikki's-mmph!" Yuri was cut short once Mikki clamped her hand around her blabbermouth.

"She was saying that I... needed more help with practicing, that's all," she lied when a pinch was felt on the palm of her hand.

"Ow! You bit me!" she shrieked.

"Mikki loves a mortal!" she finally managed to blurt out, making Mikki face palm. Jiyong stood there with a raised eyebrow.

"Okay I'm assuming this is one of your 'girl talks' so I'm leaving this to Yuri," he air quoted. He was about to walk out of the room when Yuri grabbed onto the back of his shirt.

"Nu-uh! We're having a family meeting!" she began dragging him and whispered audible enough for only him to hear, "I'm not gonna be the only one hear when we tell her the news."

"Nooooo!" Jiyong whined. "WAE?! You don't need me to talk about Mikki's social life!" he shouted. Mikki blushed a bit at his last remark and hid her face in her hands. These are probably the last people I'd want to talk about this with...

Once everyone was settled onto Mikki's bed, she finally spoke up. "So what if I like him? There's nothing else to talk about."

Jiyong and Yuri nervously exchanged glances. Mikki, noticing this, asked, "What?"

Yuri bit her lip while Jiyong fiddled with his fingers.

"Well... this isn't as easy as it seems..." Jiyong started.

"What are you talking about?" Mikki rubbed her temples.

Yuri continued. "You know how when you're done with school, you become immortal?" Mikki nodded. "You do know what immortal means, right?"

She scoffed. "Of course I do, I've been learning about them my whole life!"

"I'm guessing you aren't looking at the results here. Simply, you won't age. This boy will. You won't die. He will one day," Jiyong finished.

Mikki, disappointed, looked down. "O-Oh... right."

"And that isn't all," Yuri said. "Once you're immortal... you have to leave us, Mikki," she almost shed a tear at remembrance of what will happen.

Mikki looked at them both, dumbfounded. "W-What?!"

Yuri nodded at Jiyong. He took the hint to continue. "You're the avatar. You have certain duties. When they grant you your immortality, you have to keep traveling. Remember? Looking for the lost avatars, protecting the world..."

"Protecting the world from what?" Mikki stood up, completely outraged by the news.

"If anything were to happen, you'd be there to-"

"If anything were to happen?! That isn't fair!" she yelled. 

Yuri guiltily spoke up. "We know. But it's just something you have to do and there isn't anything any of us can do about-"

"No! I won't do it! They can take away my powers if they want to, I'm not doing it!" she retorted. Finally, Yuri snapped.

"You have to!" she sharply stood up. "It's your duty, why are you asking us? Huh? We told you, there isn't anything we can do about it!" she harshly scolded.

Mikki was flabbergasted at her sister's acts. Never, not once has she ever seen Yuri so angry before. But that didn't mean she was going to give up. "It's still not fair!" she screamed one last time before storming down the hall, already out the front door, slamming it behind her.