Chapter 21: The Tournament

My Little Avatar

Key was hanging by the vending machine near the dressing rooms, waiting for Min Ki, when his stomach started growling. It wouldn't hurt, right? he thought as he glanced over at the vending machine next to him. Quickly, he bought a pack of lifesavers. Right as he was about to pop one into his mouth, a hand slapped his away.

"Ouch! What the-"

"You shouldn't go around eating things that you don't know of," Min Ki rolled her eyes before grabbing the candies out of his hand and throwing them away in the garbage. Key pouted.

"I was gonna eat that, you know!" he folded his arms and glared at her. She rolled her eyes.

"Don't be such a baby! You could have died if you ate those! Those are real lifesavers. If someone ate one without having their life in danger, who knows what could happen?" she sighed and ran her fingers through her hair.

"I think someone needs some happy pills," Key looked Min Ki up and down who was frantically pacing back and forth. She stopped to send a sharp glare at him. Her gaze soon lightened.

"I'm sorry, I"m just stressed is all. I haven't competed in a long time, and I especially don't want to stop if I lose to CL," she began pacing again.

Key placed his arms on her shoulders and forcefully turned her to look at him. "You'll. Do. Fine. Alright? If you're going to be a winner, think like one. Remember, I'm always here to support you."

Before Min Ki could say anything else, a loud voice boomed through the speakers. "Ladies and gentlemen if I could have your attention please! If all competitors can make their way backstage and if the spectators could please take your seats, please?"

Min Ki began hyperventilating. "Well... that's my cue. God I feel like I'm gonna barf." Key took a big step away from her.

"It's okay. You'll do great, I promise," Key wrapped her into a light hug. Although it was short and quick, it seemed like ages for the both of them. "Now get out there. Prove yourself," he gave her the "fighting" signal. She mimicked him.

"Key... thanks," she nodded before cracking her neck and taking off her silk robe, revealing her fighting wear. She looked back one last time before heading towards her dressing room. Key smiled to himself and also walked over to his VIP seat.

***

"Alright everyone, you know the rules. Each team has their own side of the stage. If anyone of them takes a step out, it's a penalty. Players will try and knock each other out of the ring and into the water. Whoever is left, grants victory for their team. The judges, TaeTiSeo, will tally all of the wins, loses, and penalties, and there are 5 main places at the end. Good luck to all!" the loudspeaker announced. "First off we have Big Bang vs. B1A4!"

Key watched in awe as his future brother-in-law Jiyong and the rest of Big Bang scattered onto the stage confidentially, Key recognized one of them to be the one who called Min Ki, "Monkey." The other team started towards them, and their leader stepped forward, same with Jiyong.

"Jinyoung, G-Dragon. Shake hands," the referee commanded. They did as they were told. G-Dragon? Must use some stage names...

And with that, the match began. Water dancing. Fire thrown. Gusts of wind here and there. Many leaves, vines, rocks, and boulders everywhere. It was probably the most intense thing Key had ever seen. Although it was cool as hell, he couldn't help but wince when he saw one of them get hurt.

At the end, the ref came back on and held up the victor's hand. "And Taeyang grants victory for Big Bang!" he shouted.

Match after match, game after game, people were crowned victors and losers. Yuri and her team, Girls' Generation, won against T-Ara while Min Ki was next against a team named Secret.

When Min Ki was introduced onstage, the crowd automatically went silent, unlike the other games when they would roar and scream their lungs out. Key looked around awkwardly until he realized they were all on one knee with their right hand up in a fist. He nervously copied their actions and took a glance at Min Ki. Even from up there where he was he could see her roll her eyes. I guess they really worship her here... tch, I wonder what they would do if they found out how people think of her at school.

She stepped up and shook the leader's hand before backing away in her corner. When the whistle blew, she readied her position. Key reached into his bag and took out his camera, taping the whole thing. Someone from the other side dashed away from the team line and shot a long line of water at her. Min Ki easily tossed it back to her, hitting the girl right in the face. It wasn't enough to throw her off, though.

tumblr_m3cvskPCaV1r6f4rx.gif

More attacks followed afterwards. Key took on that Min Ki wasn't attacking, she was dodging and defending, something the other team had no idea of, since they were beginning to tire out. She then took that chance to send a large amount of fire their way, easily knocking all of them off, plummeting down into the waves of the water.

firebending_1.gif

Key and everyone else's mouths fell open in shock. He didn't know it was really that simple for her. Just one blow and they were out. The game holder came up and held up her hand, and with that, she was sent away. Min Ki's gonna win for sure!

More competitions were held after. There were some who barely had a mark left in them, and others... let's just say that lifesavers are their new favorite candy. It seemed like they were used to it, though, since the people who severely hurt another acted like it was an everyday thing. Big Bang and Min Ki haven't lost a game yet, and although Key thought Girls' Generation would have easily beat 2NE1 with 6 people to 4, surprisingly, they lost. That scared Key just a bit more since a lot of the attacks came from CL.

Competitors now had this time for a small break. Just to power up before anything else would happen. The first thing Min Ki wanted to do was find Key. She didn't know why, but he always gave her confidence. She spotted him in the stands looking through the pictures and videos he had taken on his camera.

Key looked up. "Hey! You did awesome!" he stood up and was about to hug her when she put her hand up.

"You don't want to do that, I'm pretty sweaty," she chortled when he took a small step away from her.

"Oh, how are the two girls from your sister's team? They looked like they were hurt pretty bad."

"You mean Sunny and Sooyoung? Nah, they'll be fine, they're tough," she shrugged and took a sip from her water bottle.

"So... you're facing CL soon, huh?" he asked. Min Ki nodded as she noticed everyone was heading backstage once again.

"Yeah, right about now. I gotta go," she felt her heartbeat increase by the seconds flew by.

"Wait!" Key shouted once she was a good distance away. Min Ki turned and looked at him expectantly. "Good luck... Mikki."

Min Ki smiled, fist pumped, then scurried back. Key was a bit surprised since she never let him call her that. Seems like she had no problem about it...

"Now onto the semi-finals! Here we have 2NE1 and our very own avatar, Mikki!" the host invited both teams onstage, but had a look of confusion when only CL stepped onto the podium. Taeyeon then proceeded to gesture the man over and tell him the change of plans. He nodded and took his place in the center again. "It seems like we have ourselves a little challenge! Fighting for her team, 2NE1, leader CL! Girls, shake hands."

The two looked at each other in disgust, but still met up in the middle. The referee looked from side to side and commanding them again.

Both Min Ki and CL stubbornly shook hands and looked away from each other.

Min Ki her dry lips for the umpteenth time that day. She felt her heart thumping against her chest, as if looking for a way out. She flexed her fingers while her palms started sweating. Nervously, she got into ready position as the whistle blew, meaning there was no turning back. She took a small glance at her opponent, receiving the most intimidating glare ever, even more than Jiyong's. All she did was wait for her first move, then she would attack.

Key, on the other hand, seemed even more nervous than Min Ki was. It was one of the only times he has ever felt... truly scared. Like if she were to lose, the whole world would collapse and burn to ash. He just... didn't want her getting hurt, no matter how many lifesavers there are.

The two stood there in silence, probably waiting for the other to move. Apparently it got tiring for CL as she whisked around and created a baby tornado, sending it over to the other side. Min Ki's eyes widened as it grew bigger and bigger the more it got closer to her. She hadn't realized how close the ledge was to her since she kept on backing up until her heels were off of it. She carefully gained her balance again and stomped her foot down, making the wind slow down.

Min Ki flew rocks and boulders down to her level, and with a flick of her finger, sent them straight towards CL. CL shot fire balls at them, demolishing every last bit.

The two were at it, almost for 15 minutes. To Key it felt like hours and hours. The more they fought, the more they began to tire out. Min Ki took a short pause to catch her breath. She put her hands on her knees and bent over. What she didn't expect, though, was what was coming next.

===================================================

HA! CLIFFHANGER FOR ALL! Yeah, sorry... Don't kill me! It's a bit short, but if I added in the next part, it would have been really long, so... yeah. Sorry if I did a y job explaining things during the matches, it's kind of hard. Like, you have it in your mind, you just can't write it out. then you're like GAAAH! I HATE THIS!!!

Angry Taemin

Anyways... Don't forget to comment and click that subscibe button up there if you haven't already! All of these gifs are not mine! I LOVE YOU ALL!!!

I%20love%20you.gif

-dino-nerd525