Chapter 27: Planning

My Little Avatar

The next day when Mikki was walking home from school, she sighed and rubbed her face in her hands. She decided in the end to tell Yuri and Jiyong- it couldn't hurt, and after all, it was for their safety as well. Were they happy about it? Oh hell no. They were yelling, screaming, bending, breaking things, and somewhere along the way, for once, Yuri disapproved of Key. Despite the fact that Mikki was mad at Key, she knew it wasn't his fault and defended him in his spot. In the end, they settled on keeping watch in case of anything were to happen.

Mikki's backpack vibrated, signaling someone was calling her. She put her phone up to her ear and groggily answered, "Yeobosayeo?"

"Monkey-ah, is that you? You sound terrible." Caller ID didn't need to tell her who that was.

"Gee, thanks, Seunghyun," she rolled her eyes and ran her fingers through her hair.

"Everything okay?"

"Tired, that's all."

"Oh yeah, I heard that you were up all night defending your boyfriend," he and Mikki blushed. "Psh. Come one, you kissed him in front of everyone. Of course they're all going to know." A deeper red tinted Mikki's cheeks. Oh great. Now we're the couple of the year.

"So how are you doing?" he asked, concern written all over his voice. "I heard about the whole situation."

"...Good..." she responded, a little weirded out by the question since he never really was one to act so worried like this. He was always the laid-back, go-with-the-flow kind of guy. "Look if you want something, you better come out and say-"

Mikki was cut off by a muffling sound in the background. "Oh my gosh!" She recognized it as Seunghyun's mother and she couldn't help but stand on her toes a bit.

"Seunghyun? Seunghyun?! Are you okay?" Mikki questioned frantically. Another scream was heard, then the breaking of a glass. All the while, Mikki continued to yell and shout into her phone, desperate for an answer.

"Umma!" she could hear Seunghyun roar. "Get away from her!"

"Seunghyun!"

"Freeze!"

"Get them!"

"Aw man this kid's fire?!"

"UMMA!"

BEEEEEEEP. The line went dead.

"Seunghyun?! Please, come back!" she hollered, ignoring the judging stares getting shot at her. Frustration took over her when the familiar monotone beep sounded in her ear. She kicked the fire hydrant and didn't care when her strength was enough to put a dent into it. "Screw this!" Screaming, she threw down her phone and clenched her fists.

"Seunghyun..." Mikki could feel tears forming in the corners of her eyes. It was definitely a no-brainer that they were here. And they had just gotten Seunghyun and his mother. She panted heavily and looked around for help, and although there were plenty of people around her, finding random help on the street wouldn't exactly help.

Suddenly, she gasped as a feeling of immense fear took over her. "Jiyong..." Mikki broke out into a sprint and didn't dare stop, not even to say hi to Minho or Nicole when she saw them on the way there. When she finally reached her house, she heaved a sigh of relief. Nothing was out of place, and everything seemed totally normal. She ran inside to find Jiyong, Yuri, and Jaemin eating a late lunch at the dining table.

"Annyeong, Min Ki-ah," her mother cooed and continued to chew on her rice.

Mikki only gave a small wave to her, still out of breath from the long run. She panted heavily and wheezed, trying to tell her siblings the important news.

"Here," Jiyong offered her a glass of water which she gladly accepted. "Now what is it?"

Mikki gave everyone a solemn look. "Seunghyun."

Yuri chuckled. "Do you still need water? What about Seunghyun?" she asked and continued to laugh until she saw the expressionless look on Jiyong's face. Jiyong knew- oh yeah he knew, he was smart enough to piece everything together. He gave a slight glance to everyone before letting his anger overcome him. He slammed his hand on the table hard and got up, kicking his chair back. Jiyong ran up the stairs afterwards, and before everyone knew it, his door slammed and more things were thumping against his door. Mikki winced when she heard glass.

There was no shock to her, though. Seunghyun had been there for Jiyong ever since... well, Mikki wasn't quite sure, but it was before she was born. They were like brothers and just the thought of them being split apart killed a small part inside of her.

"What...?" Yuri questioned again, giving a horrified look. Jaemin had on the same one.

"Seunghyun... Th-They got him," she explained simple, yet one sentence was enough to fill Yuri in.

Her face fell as she shifted in her seat uncomfortably. "O-Oh." She cleared and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. Yuri excused herself from the table quietly and she, too, walked back to her room in despair.

"Do you mind telling me what's going on?" Jaemin raised her brow at Mikki. She crookedly smiled before taking a seat next to her mother.

"Jiyong's teammate was taken away," Mikki told her first. She was very glad that her mom finally knew everything and she was completely filled in so they could easily talk about anything around her. The only thing she missed was last night's discussion of the lost camera and secrets which would take pretty long to explain.

After her mother was caught up until the camera, Mikki buried her face in her hands. "I don't know how that man got to them, but-"

"Wait wait wait... who's them?" Jaemin asked.

"SNAP."

"SNAP?"

"The Super Natural Activity Patrol," she counted off each word with her fingers. "They're the people who believe in everything- from ghosts, fairies, monsters, whatever. They try to figure out just how we came to be... like how we are. And now, they got Seunghyun and his mother."

Jaemin gave an apologetic look at her daughter and took the other's hands in hers. "I know that we're going through a tough time right now... but all we can really do is stay calm and be careful."

"I know," Mikki replied. It really felt good to have her mother again. She was someone she could talk to and ask for advice from. "It's still scary..." The only thing that frightened her the most was the mere thought of losing her mom again. Now, she promised that she wouldn't leave again, but within this, they could still be separated... and most likely, they won't see each other again.

"We should call everyone together. Just to let them know what's been going on," Jaemin suggested. Mikki nodded. "But first, we should go talk to your brother and sister."

***
And that was how Mikki ended up at Key's door with her hood covering more than half of her face. Since she was in most of the pictures, she tried to cover up as much as she could and hoped that they would mistake her for someone else. Yet at the same time, it almost looked like she were a kpop idol with the whole sunglasses-hood-up-covering-face plan.

"Noona?"

"Taemin? What are you doing here?"

Taemin chortled and shifted his gaze from Mikki to the house next to Key's. "If you haven't noticed..." he swiftly ran over to the driveway of his house which was a few yards away. "I live right over here."

"Oh. Right."

"I was going to see if Key hyung would want to see a movie with me. You could come, too," he itched the back of his head.

Mikki's mouth turned into a straight line, and she turned to him. "Well you should probably cancel. I think I need Key more than ever right now."

"Look, I know that you're his girlfriend and everything, but I haven't seen Key hyung in ages. I'm still his best friend," he reminded her. "I'm sure that your situation can wait, right?"

Mikki shook her head and said sarcastically, "Yeah sure, all the lives of a whole population can wait for your movie plans. I'm soooo sorry," she rolled her eyes and folded her arms. She was in one of her moods- no, not PMS, but more like one of those rainy-Mondays-don't-talk-to-me kind of moods. Without sparing the younger another glance, she stated, "There isn't much time left..."

Taemin raised his eyebrows. "Benders?" His face fell when he nodded.

Finally, the door opened slowly, and Key came out when he realized it was only his best friend and his girlfriend. "What are you guys doing here?"

"Can I come in?" Mikki asked back. Key's face lit up and he nodded, getting out of the way so she could walk inside. Taemin welcomed himself in as well.

"So what's up?" he questioned. Mikki sat on the couch and shifted her gaze between the two best friends.

"Should we have called Minho, too?" she took her sunglasses off and took her phone out of her pocket, her thumb hovering over the call button on his contact profile. Taemin met her halfway and pushed his finger down over her thumb, the phone now beeping.

After Mikki told him to come over, he was there in only a few minutes notice. "What's wrong?" he worriedly asked.

"That's what we're wondering..." Key referred to himself and his neighbor.

Mikki stood up and let the taller sit. "The reason why I called you here today was because we really need your help, concerning the benders."

At this statement, Key immediately sat up straight and took Mikki by the shoulders. "Oh no... the camera?" She bit her lip and nodded, and he groaned and plopped himself on the couch again, his legs draped over Minho and Taemin.

Mikki sighed and look towards Minho and Taemin. "Anyways, what I was saying was that these people who study mythological creatures are after us and have already taken one of my brother's teammates."

Key buried his face in his hands and wailed, "This is all my fault..."

Instead of comforting him like a normal girlfriend, Mikki chuckled bitterly. "We'll see about that, when all of this is over."

"So," Minho blinked twice, "what should we do about it? I mean, Taemin and I aren't exactly experts on this."

"We just need ideas," Mikki replied. "Something that will get those people off our backs, without doing any damage. The last thing we want is a community of people blaming us for a destroyed town."

The trio of guys sat silently in thought while Mikki was in the bathroom, talking over the phone with her mom.

"What could she do...?" MInho tapped his chin. "Think about it, what would we do if we wanted to drive people away?"

"Stink bomb?"

"Fake vomit?"

"We're in high school. You guys are so immature," Minho rolled his eyes. "Think about it in a SERIOUS point of view."

"Well, as much as Key hyung will hate this..." Taemin's voice trailed off, but before he could continue, Key interrupted him.

"What? What, you're not planning on doing anything weird to my girlfriend, right?" he asked in a worried tone of voice.

The other put a hand on his shoulder. "Relax. What I was going to say was that... maybe Mikki- and all the other benders- should move. Like, relocate."

Key crinkled his nose. "How would i hate that? We'd still be able to see each other."

This time, Minho took the question and answered for his dongsaeng. "What I think Taemin is saying it that..." he sent a small, apologetic look towards Key, then looked away, not wanting to see his expression when he heard the news, "they should relocate out of Korea."

=========================================

omg guisseee.... i am the WORST author ever i left you hanging for more than a month and i cant even give you a decent chapter :((((( im sorry i know a usual explanation would be i was super busy but im not gonna lie to you all... break is here and before break, school was being surprisingly easy on me and i barely had any hw... it was just that my writers block was taking a TERRIBLE turn and i had NO clue what i was writing... this time i SERIOUSLY promise i'll give you another chapter soon... before break ends on jan. 7th!!! merry late christmas and a happy new year to you all~