Chapter 22: Miracle

My Little Avatar

"MIKKI!" Key shot up from out of his seat, ignoring all of the stares others shot him. He didn't care. All he cared about right now, was that Min Ki was safe, and by the looks of what CL had just done, it didn't look like it.

CL had surrounded Min Ki with a ring of fire. Then another ring around that ring, and another, and another. Soon, Min Ki could feel the shoes on her feet literally melting. She tried to put out the flames, but didn't have the energy to. All she could do was stand there helplessly. Later on, she couldn't even do that as she fell on all fours, panting and breathing heavily. Fire engulfed her body; she was literally burning, and it was killing her slowly.

Key was furious. Never in his life has he ever been that angry before, it really got to him to the point he couldn't take it. He ran over to the referee on the side and grabbed him by his collar.

"This is a foul!" he screamed. Before the other could speak, Key angrily shoved him and pointed at the scene before him. "She's dying! Do something before it kills her!" he roughly pushed him again. He knew benders had a larger amount of time before they died as humans did, but he just wanted to end it before it was too late.

"Look kid, the rules say I can't do anything. Don't worry, there'll be plenty of lifesavers for her. Now just go sit back down and mind your own damned business, alright?" he shrugged and started to turn his heel on him when Key gripped his shoulder and socked him right in the jaw. The man fell to the ground with a thud, but before he could attack again, two hands grabbed his. Looking back, he recognized both of them to be guys from Big Bang. They both bowed to him before running away like nothing ever happened.

"Yah, do you want to get yourself killed?" the first one asked.

"You're lucky we saved your in time before he called backup!" the other pat his back.

"Seungri, Daesung, that;s enough," Jiyong coolly plopped down next to Key while the other two scurried behind their leader. "Relax," he commanded.

"Your sister's getting killed out there and you want me to relax? Are you out of your mind?" he yelled back. Jiyong held up his hands in defense.

"If anyone knows how my sister fights, it's me. She's alright, don't worry," he said, but Key could tell that deep down in that cold aura of his, he really is worried about her.

Min Ki gasped, hoping it wouldn't be her last breath ever. She gripped onto her neck and tried to get back up, but was automatically pushed back down. She saw her life flash before her eyes, before they closed immediately.

What everyone didn't expect, though, was for her to wake up. Min Ki gathered up all her energy to look up at the stands. Everyone had a worried expression on their face. Especially Jiyong and Yuri. She took a glance at Key, then collapsed. She could see Key's eyes start to water. Is he... crying?

Key... he never gave up on me. I shouldn't give up on him..

"I'll accept your apology. Only when you say we're friends."

"And if I say no?"

"Then you say no. I'll just keep bugging you either way."

He encouraged me...

"You'll. Do. Fine. Alright? If you're going to be a winner, think like one. Remember, I'm always here to support you."

He saved me...

"Good, you're awake."

"What happened?"

"You need to rest. It's okay, you just passed out after your little episode with those girls, that's all."

"And you helped me?"... Key nodded.

But most of all, he saw the light in me. He helped- no, he made me a better person.

She was too lost in her thoughts to realize that they were counting down.

"10... 9... 8..."

Min Ki struggled to get onto her knees.

"7... 6... 5..."

She coughed one last time before pushing herself on one foot.

"4... 3... 2.. 1,"

And she stood.

The crowd went wild. They were screaming, cheering, throwing their fists up into the air. Jiyong and Yuri hugged each other from relief while Key sat there in awe. He watched her shakily stand as she craned her neck back and put a thumbs up in the air. What everyone didn't know, was that she was directing it at Key. He grinned widely and began whooping with all the other audience members, jumping for joy.

CL, utterly confused and shocked, sent a fire ball at her, hoping to finally knock her out. Min Ki smirked and wiggled her fingers, summoning the crashing waves from below upwards, creating a flat wall behind her. With one fluent motion of her hands, the wall came crashing down, putting out both the burning flames, and CL who fell with a frustrated cry.

Min Ki smiled to herself once the whistle blew once again and the match ended, knowing she had won. He raised her hand up, but before she could even walk off of the stage, she fell to the ground.

***

"Quick, get her some lifesavers!"

"Hurry, she's all burnt!"

"HELP!"

Key pushed his way through the crowd and all their cries to find Min Ki on the floor, being held up by Yuri and Jiyong. She was indeed, burnt all over. Her skin was blistering a bright red color, and even though she was knocked out, you could tell she was sweating buckets. They popped a few lifesavers into her open mouth and waited. Key wasn't sure if they took full effect yet since she made no movement whatsoever. Next thing he knew, all he could see was Min Ki's glowing body being carried off on a stretcher.

He spotted Yuri and they both shot each other sad looks. Key could even tell that Jiyong was a bit upset as well. Yuri gestured him to come over, Key obviously obeying.

"I-Is she g-going to be alright?" he nervously asked, fearing and anticipating the answer at the same time.

Yuri pinched the bridge of her nose and sighed, slumping her shoulders. "She should be, but..."

"But?!" Key panicked, almost pouncing on the other.

She shoved him off of her harshly and continued, "...but she's gonna be in pretty bad condition. It would be a miracle for her to even..." her voice cracked, and Key saw the fresh tears b the edges of her eyes. "...for her to even wake up."

Once Yuri let the last part of her sentence escape her lips, Key couldn't help but bury his head in his hands. This can't be, this is all a dream, this can't be happening...

He sniffled one last time and wiped his nose. He never thought that he would ever cry over a girl, but there he was, a little weakling on his knees, practically begging to the point of desperation.

Key sat there in depression, watching everyone else make their ways back to the stand where they belonged. Right as he was about to follow them, a new jumble of words, arguments, and commotion arose.

Yuri gasped and ran past him, though Key didn't even want to know what was going on. All he needed was Min K-

A shaking hand grabbed his shoulder weakly. Key's eyes rounded at sight of it and turned, praying to himself that it was who he thought it was.

"Min Ki!" Key shouted with joy and hopped into her arms, forgetting that she was still in an unstable condition. She wobbled to the floor, making Key jump back in fear. "Oh my gosh I'm so sorry, are you okay? I didn't do anything to hurt you, did-?"

Min Ki wrapped her arms around Key tightly and buried her face into his shoulder. "Just shut up."

After their short yet filling hug vanished, Key couldn't wait another second as he cupped her face into his hands and leaned in, softly pressing his lips against hers. The other responded to the kiss and placed her hands on his chest. Forgetting that there was a crowd around them, embarrassment struck them as they pulled away quickly, awkwardly rubbing the backs of their necks.

Despite this, the spectators still cheered, 'awww'ing and whooping. Min Ki's face e of the darkest shades of red while Key's was even darker. Yuri and the rest of Girls' Generation cooed and teased Min Ki while Jiyong and Big Bang shot Key intimidating glares.

"Hold up ladies and gentlemen, this competition isn't quite over yet! Can I please have the finalists up to the stage, please?"

Before Key could say another word, Min Ki was already bounding up the stage with everyone else.

==============================================

Alright, so... not my best chapter. The only thing I would fix would be for the kiss and the fight scene where Min Ki got back up would be longer, but DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG IT TOOK ME TO WRITE JUST THOSE TWO THINGS?! I sat there in front of my laptop with the whole chap written up except for those two parts and I was literally about to rip my hair out from frustration! Gaaaaaaah!!!! Anyways, sorry if it's kind of late, school is being a to me, so... yeah.

-dino-nerd525