Chapter 19: Meaningful words

My Little Avatar

Min Ki ran. To where? She didn't know. She just kept on running and running. She could feel tears start to sting at her eyes, and it wasn't long before one escaped and trickled down her cheek. It isn't fair... I have to leave everything I love... In about a year.

Min Ki was soon taken out of her thoughts once she fell over her own feet. Of course...

She waited for the undeniable pain that awaited her with her eyes shut tight when a pair of arms skillfully wrapped around her waist, hoisting her back up.

"Woah, quite a fall you could have taken there," the person spoke.

Minho.

"M-Minho?" Min Ki stammered, wiping a remaining tear across her face. Minho smiled at her, despite the fact he was still hurting a bit from their date.

"Hey... are you crying?" he took her face in his hands even though she struggled in his grasp.

"No," she denied, although her shiny eyes said otherwise.

"What's wrong?" he questioned, obviously concerned for her.

Min Ki sighed. "I... I can't tell you." Based on the fact she was very upset, she probably would have told him everything, but remembered that two people already knew, a third wouldn't be much better. 

"You can tell me anything," Minho responded.

Flashback

Min Ki came home with tears fresh in her eyes. She had just come back from her first practice session at the training center which had gone awfully. Apparently, the benders there always gave rookies a hard time. She was picked on, teased, and bullied. The fact that she was the avatar didn't make it any better, though. You'd expect them to be totally respectful, but it was the exact opposite. And if that wasn't bad enough, she just so happened to almost burn the whole center down when she was trying to show a cool trick to Yuri and the rest of Girls' Generation, her group.

Min Ki's mother who had just heard the loud door slam rushed to her daughter's side and almost immediately noticed her silent sobbing.

"Min Ki-ah? What's wrong? Are you hurt anywhere?" she worriedly checked Min Ki's body for any open wounds and felt her forehead for any signs of a fever.

She quietly chuckled at her mother's concern. "I-I'm fine, umma."

"What happened?" she tightly squeezed her hand.

The younger bit her lip. What was she supposed to say in this situation? She knew she couldn't tell her. Why she couldn't? Honestly, Min Ki didn't know the exact reason, either. "I..." she started.

"Come on," her mother ushered her to continue. "You can tell me anything."

End of Flashback

"You can tell me anything," Minho repeated. That's when Min Ki broke down. She sobbed endlessly into Minho's jacket, surprising the other for a brief moment, until he finally warmly accepted her into his arms. He awkwardly stood there, her long hair, until she finally settled down a bit. 

"Do you want to go somewhere that... isn't in the middle of a busy street? Like my house or something?" he asked, laughing a bit. Min Ki felt heat rise up to her cheeks once realized many people were giving her either strange or concerned glances. She sniffed and nodded once.

***

"So basically... you aren't *cough* human and you just learned that you have to leave when you're out of school?" Minho clarified.

Min Ki mentally face palmed. That's a third person who knows now...  "Y-Yes, but you can not and I mean CAN NOT tell anybody, okay?" She really did not want to tell him, but she just had to let out everything that was on her mind.

He raised his hands up in defense. "Okay okay... but this is kind of hard for me to take in. So what are you?" Min Ki clenched her fists but restrained from using her powers. That question. She hated that question the most. Especially the way both he and Taemin had said it. With fear and nervousness.

"An avatar," she calmly answered.

"Like one of those blue people in that mov-"

"No," she scoffed. "Like one with powers. Water, fire, earth, air."

"And am I the only one that knows...?" he asked.

"You're the third. Taemin and Key know. Well, you're the first person I've told. The other two figured it out on their own," she said. Minho nodded.

"..."

"..."

Before they knew it, an awkward silence filled the room. Min Ki fiddled with her fingers before finally speaking up.

"I'm sorry."

"Bwoh? What are you sorry for?" Minho furrowed his eyebrows at the sudden apology.

"You know... last week... and the date..." she tried to bring it up without making things awkward which, of course, failed miserably.

"Oh. What about?"

"I'm sorry that I rejected you like that..." she avoided all eye contact with him.

Minho chuckled. "Why are you apologizing? You shouldn't say sorry for not liking me. And I'm sure key is very special to you."

Min Ki shot her head up. "W-What? Ho-How did y-you-"

"In all honesty, the only guy you talk to other than me is Key. But don't worry, I'll keep it a secret," he put a finger up to his lips.

Min Ki couldn't help but envelope him in a short, yet filling hug. "Thanks. For everything."

"No problem. But I still expect you to be at those soccer tryouts," he pointed a stern finger at her. Min Ki laughed and nodded.

"Remember. Fate itself doesn't take orders. It only accepts changes," he told her.

***

"What the hell does that mean?" Min Ki recited Minho's sentence in her head again, but had still not known what the other had meant.  What could Minho possibly be telling her? Was he talking about her situation with Key? 

By the time Min Ki returned back to her home, it was already nighttime. She decided not to face her siblings until she had completely calmed down from her last temper tantrum. As she settled in her bed, her eyelids felt heavy as she drifted off into a deep sleep, remembering Minho's meaningful, yet hidden words.

"Fate itself doesn't take orders. It only accepts changes."

==================================================

Ok so some of you may think that this chapter is a bit of a filler chapter, but it really isn't. She got things settled with Minho and got settled down. And something else that will be revealed later on... Sorry, no Key in this chapter, but there was Minho!!! Don't fret, lockets, I will put him in the next chapter!! I just got braces... they hurt like heck. A LOT! Oh wells, don't forget to comment and subscribe~

-dino-nerd525