Chapter 13: CL

My Little Avatar

 

"Min Ki," Key poked Min Ki on her cheek when class was over. The sleeping girl whined and stirred in protest, then turned her head to other side, still being supported by the desk.

He groaned. "Look who's sleeping now..."
 
Key then began to shake her violently. "We have to work on the project, you can come to my house."
 
After what seemed like hours of pestering Min Ki, she finally agreed and followed Key to his house like a lost puppy.
 
The two walked; an awkward silence surrounding the pair, until Key spoke up. "So I heard Minho call you Mikki this morning... That upset you?"
 
"Why do you care? Jealous much?" she smirked. Key began to panic.
 
"Nonononono, I-I just heard it, a-and I thought you didn't like it when people called y-you that," he stammered through his sentence. Min Ki chuckled.
 
"W-What's so funny?" Key furrowed his eyebrows.
 
"You need to learn to take a joke sometimes," she rolled her eyes and continued to walk, leaving Key lagging behind. Am I really jealous...?
 
He quickly caught up with her. "Shhhh," Min Ki put her hand up to stop Key from walking any longer. "Do you hear that?" she whispered. Key suddenly heard a long rustle of a tree. "CL, if that's you, come out," she tried looking up the thick stump of the tree.
 
"Looking for me?" a sly voice said from behind, earning a surprised yelp from both the students. There stood a lady wearing a black halter top being draped by a mini vest, topped off with a pair of skinny jeans and heels. "My girls told me you met up with them."
 
"What do you want?" Min Ki, annoyed, asked and pinched the bridge of her nose.
 
"Just wanted to apologize," CL responded, checking her nails. Min Ki raised her eyebrow, while all Key could do was stand back and watch. "They're causing so much trouble these days," she sighed. By the way she acted, Key couldn't make out if she was acting, or was truly sorry.
 
"That all?" Min Ki asked. CL raised her hand up, showing she wasn't finished yet.
 
"And... to make a deal," she smirked as she finished the sentence.
 
"A deal?" Min Ki furrowed her eyebrows.
 
CL hummed in response. "More of a bet. The tournament's coming up."
 
"So?"
 
"You competing?"
 
"Yeah," Min Ki answered.
 
"Then how about a one-on-one match? Just between you and me? You'll be able to use all of your powers," CL grinned.
 
"What's the catch?" Min Ki eyed CL carefully.
 
"If you win, both me and the rest of 2NE1 will vow to stop picking on you, your brother, and your sister," she finished. Min Ki thought for a while. All those days when they would come home from training, humiliated or brought down by them would be gone.
 
"And if you win?" Min Ki asked for the other side of the agreement.
 
"If I win... you admit I am the best, and you never compete again." Never compete again...?
 
Min Ki bit her thumbnail, deep in thought. If I win, it helps my whole family...
 
"Of course, we'll keep this little bet a secret, right? Except for this one," CL pointed at Key. Min Ki nodded.
 
"I'll do it," she finally decided and shook hands roughly with CL before she took off. Min Ki turned to Key and continued walking.
 
"What was that about?" he pointed back where the little scene took place.
 
Min Ki, ignoring him, kept on mumbling to herself. "Stupid CL... thinks she can do whatever she wants to just because she has more than one power... I have all of them, how do you like that, CL?" she scowled.
 
***
 
"Hello, Kibum, how was school?" Key's mom shouted from where she was in the kitchen, washing the dishes.
 
"Good. My project partner is over," he stated.
 
"Annyeonghasaeo, Kwon Min Ki imnida," Min Ki bowed politely with a blank expression.
 
"Oh, so this is the girl you're always talking about. Hello, I am Key's mother," she quickly dried her hands and shook Min Ki's. Min Ki raised her eyebrow and looked at Key.
 
"NO," Key replied a bit too quickly. "I-I mean, I don't talk about her."
 
"Sure you don't," his mother rolled her eyes, making Min Ki chuckle.
 
"Alright, well I guess I'll leave you two to your project. I'll be upstairs if you need me," she quietly walked up the wooden steps.
 
"Ne, kansamnida," Min Ki bowed once more.
 
All the while they were working on the project, Min Ki couldn't help but have her thoughts wander around to CL's deal. I can't lose... I should probably practice more...
 
"Earth to Min Ki?!" Key nudged her a bit with his hand.
 
"Eh? Sorry, I can't help it, I'm just worried about-"
 
"The bet?" Key finished for her. She nodded.
 
"I don't know how I'll do it... she's really powerful and my brother will definitely see that I'm training more and will ask me why and I can't do that or it'll break the deal and...." she stopped mid-sentence.
 
Key bit his lip and looked up in thought before smiling. "Do it now."
 
"What?"
 
"Train right now," he repeated.
 
"Where?"
 
"In my backyard. I'm sure nobody will notice, and my mom's too busy upstairs watching her dramas."
 
Min Ki thought about it for a while and looked out to his large yard. It actually looked perfect for practicing. "You sure?"
 
"Positive," he confidentially replied.
 
"Then let's go," Min Ki smiled with gratitude.
 
***
 
Taemin sighed from boredom. These are the days that make me almost want homework...
 
He stared blankly at the wall in front of him. So booorrreeeed....
 
CLANK!
 
His head perked up at the sudden noise coming from his backyard.
 
WHOOSH!
 
Omo, is there a thief in the house??? he thought.
 
He quickly and quietly grabbed a can of pepper spray in one hand and made his way out to his garden. When he saw nobody through the screen door, he sighed and placed the small can back onto the shelf. Strange... then where did that come-
 
CRASH!
 
Key hyung's backyard? He stared at the long wooden fence that separated the two best friends.
 
"Key, stop it!" a voice came from the other side. They sound angry... and totally female...
 
He stepped outside and heard another loud noise and winced. What is Key hyung up to...?
 
=========================================================================
 
Heyo! :))) I keep forgetting to make authors notes, so here's one!!! First of all... thanks to my subbers and commenters, you make me wanna write more!!! Next, I made a new story~~~ If any of you guys like EXO out there, here's one! It's mostly about Exo-M, but Exo-K appear a bit as well :) So here's the link! Funny, I already have more subbers for that one than this one... 0.o
 
 
-dino-nerd525