Chapter 3: Party

My Little Avatar

 

When homeroom was out, Min Ki stayed behind like always to finish her notes. Key was also left in the room to clean some of his things in his desk. Min Ki was thinking of escaping to avoid saying sorry, but she could almost feel her sister's eyes burning into her head from behind and knew there was no way out of it. Just when Key was about to leave, Min Ki sighed and walked over to his desk.
 
"Uh... you. What's your name again?" Min Ki asked.
 
"Kibum, but people call me Key," he replied happily.
 
"Yeah sure," she rolled her eyes, but tried to look sincere as possible. "So listen, K-Key... I just wanted to say.... sorry for being so rude the other day," she said through clenched teeth. She almost did the same to her fists, but realized it would only result in fire, possibly burning the whole building down, considering how annoyed and angry she was.
 
"You don't say...." Key nodded his head and finished packing his things.
 
"Well?" she raised her eyebrow. "Are you gonna stand there like an idiot or are you gonna accept my apology?" she raged. Yuri face palmed from watching her behind.
 
"It's okay," Key simply said.
 
"Cool. Well.... bye," she began to walk out of class until Key's irritating voice stopped her.
 
"Only if you admit we're friends."
 
"What?" she turned back around.
 
"I'll accept your apology. Only when you say that we're friends," he shrugged, acting like it wasn't a big deal, which it wasn't, but on the inside, Min Ki was fuming with rage and almost set his pants on fire, if it wasn't for her rememberance of her loving pressuring sister's presence there to haunt her.
 
"And if I say no?" Min Ki asked for more detail.
 
Key slung his bag over his shoulder and replied, "Then you say no. I'll just keep bugging you either way."
 
Then there really isn't a difference...... she thought. "Then no."
 
***
 
"He said that there wouldn't be a difference!" Mikki defended.
 
"If there wasn't a difference, you could've accepted his friend request!" Yuri scolded. "This is why you never have friends."
 
"Pfft, I have all the friends I need. Me, myself, and I. There's also you, Jiyong, Seunghyun, and the rest of the benders at the training center!" Mikki shot back.
 
"I mean a normal friend. One that you could trust and have fun with! It's been a while since I've seen you with a real, genuine laugh, or even smile," Yuri sighed.
 
"You see me have fun plenty of times when I'm training!"
 
"Yeah, when you're trying to knock your opponent's head off!" Yuri rubbed here temples and sat down at her desk. "I just want you to have an enjoyable mortal life. In two years, you'll be like the rest of the benders and Jiyong and be immortal, and you'll never have this experience again. Now go get ready. We're meeting up with Fany tonight."
 
"Why?" Mikki asked.
 
"To discuss the tournament. Jiyong's gonna be on his team while I'm on my own team. You're one of the judges along with Tiffany, and you need to know what to do. You're also helping with setting it up so we're just talking about what we're all going to do." Tiffany is basically everyone's mentor. She's an air bender, and she has the swiftest moves and control you've ever seen. Everyone always asks her for advice.
 
"I wanna be on a team, too," she whined.
 
"You know that wouldn't be fair, considering your abilities. That's why you're a judge with Fany and Taeyeon. Just don't question it and wash up. Make sure you wear something nice!"
 
Mikki rolled her eyes and continued to pick her clothes out.
 
***
 
Key fixed his bow tie as he walked into the fancy restaurant and immediately took sight of Minho's mother, making the first announcement. He's always hated these types of parties, but just couldn't say no to Minho when he used his aegyo, which he barely did. Minho's mother is an owner of a large, successful company and always throws parties here and there.
 
"Cheers!" she clapped her hands and raised her drink, as did everyone else.
 
"Key hyung, you made it!" Minho came rushing towards his side, leading him to the party. The restaurant was divided into two parts. The one reserved for the party, and the one for people with other reservations. Key's eyes lingered around the area for reservations and couldn't help but lock them on three girls who were talking quietly. He could have sworn that one of them looked awfully familiar.
 
"Key, you coming?" Minho waved a hand in front of his face.
 
"Huh? Oh yeah, but tell me something... Does," Key pointed at one of the three girls, "that girl look familiar to you at all?"
 
"She's pretty," Minho commented, "probably someone from our school. Come on, pali! Before the line for the chocolate fountain line is too long!" 
 
***
 
Mikki scowled and adjusted her dress as all of the rich, snobby people ate all proper-like. It made Mikki sick. 
 
"So Mikki, I hear you want to be on a team?" Tiffany called from across the table.
 
"Ne, but that wouldn't be fair, I know," Mikki tried to keep the lecture from coming once again.
 
"I know this is against the rules, but if you promise only to use one of your powers, or use all of them without a team and by yourself," Tiffany sighed but added a smile afterwards, "then I guess you could compete."
 
"Jin jja? Really?" Mikki's eyes widened, and for the first time in many years, a small smile crept apon the edges of her lips.
 
"You smiled!" Yuri exclaimed, forming one of her own.
 
Ignoring her sister's comment, Mikki continued. "But who would be my replacement?"
 
"We'll make it work, we'll probably get Seohyun to do it or something," she shrugged and took a sip of her water, sighing deeply in refreshment afterwards. Seohyun was an air bender like Fany, same with Taeyeon. The three all lived together and all had the same training skills and techniques. The group, also known as TaeTiSeo, was deeply admired in the training center, and they were very much loved, especially by the boys.
 
Before Tiffany could say anything else, Mikki lept out of her seat and tackled her with a hug. "Kansamnida unnie!" she repeated over and over again. As her smiles grew wider, the more the flower bud in the middle of the table started blooming. Taking note of this, Yuri smiled to herself, as her sister was finally turning back to her old, cheery self, one step at a time.
 
As Mikki calmly walked her way over to the restroom, she noticed two dorks who were practically drowning themselves in chocolate from the chocolate fountain in the party. Snobby rich people.... Although it does look fun.... Mikki shook her head, clear of thoughts and bit her lip from the temptation. As she took a closer look, one of the boys could be none other than....
 
"Key?"
 
=========================
3rd chappie DONE! AND SCHOOL'S OUT FOREVER! (I wish) :P Nah, just for the summer :))))
 
-dino-nerd525