Chapter 10: Karaoke

My Little Avatar

 

"Min Ki.... Truth.... or dare?"
 
Key's eyes widened. "No, I'll do it, I don't think she's ready for Jonghyun's-"
 
"You're not my mother, I'll do whatever I want," she snapped.
 
"But Min Ki, I-" he tried to protect her but was cut off by her harsh glare.
 
"Don't worry Key, I'll go easy on her," Jonghyun assured him, then turned back to Min Ki. "Truth or dare?" he repeated.
 
"Dare."
 
"Alright... I'll give you a choice. You can either jump into Key's pool, or... kiss Key," he said.
 
"Truth," she changed her mind.
 
"Can't do that," Onew defended.
 
"Fine... I'll jump," she decided.
 
On their way, Key ran up to her. "Are you sure you wanna do this? You can just take a shot-"
 
"Do you know what happens to me when I get near stuff like sugar or soju? It's fine, I can just dry myself off quickly," she shooed him away.
 
"Ready?" Jonghyun arose next to her, making her flinch. Min Ki nodded.
 
"5....4....3....2....1.... GO!" everyone shouted in unison as Min Ki pinched her nose tight and cannon balled into Key's 5 foot deep pool with a loud splash. Key saw Min Ki's head bob up from the shallow water and gasp for air while the others laughed.
 
***
 
Key and Nicole helped Min Ki to the bathroom while the others resumed with the game. After the two escorts left, Min Ki wiggled her fingers and waited for air to come out. She started with her hair, then down to the rest of her body. To make it less suspicious on how she dried off so fast, she wrapped her hair into a towel.
 
Once she came out, she accidentally bumped into Minho who was holding his drink.
 
"Oh, mianhe," Min Ki slightly bowed her head and saw what a mess she had made onto his white t-shirt. "Omo, here let me help you..." Damn, my caring side's coming out again...
 
He laughed as she kept on wiping his stomach with her towel that was once around her head. "It's okay, really," he said.
 
"No, it's not, I just spilled your drink all over you," she spazzed as she began to kneel and clean it up from the floor.
 
"Trust me, it's okay," he chuckled.
 
"Really?" she scrunched her forehead. He nodded. Min Ki smiled until she realized their bodies were so close that they were almost touching. She felt heat rise up to her cheeks, and she awkwardly pushed him away. "W-Whatever," she scratched the back of her head while he just smiled at her. 
 
"Let's go back, ne?" Minho grabbed her wrist as he tugged her back to everyone else.
 
"So what are we doing now?" Minho asked.
 
"Karaoke~!" Key sang into a microphone from his karaoke machine while he danced around.
 
"I'm up first!" Taemin jumped up to the microphone joyfully.
 
Taemin sang the first song, "Hot Summer," by f(x), then Nicole and Key sang, "Mister," by KARA, Onew sang, "Nu Abo," by f(x), and Jonghyun sang, "Electric Shock," by f(x).
 
"Min Ki, how about you go?" Key put the mic up to her face.
 
Min Ki looked at it, then Key, then back to the microphone before pushing it away and sitting back onto the couch.
 
"Come onnnnnn!" Key whined. "I wanna hear you sing!"
 
"Well I don't want to!" she said coldly. Key pouted. Meanwhile, she heard a deeper voice boom from the speakers. She looked up and was surprised to see Minho singing, or rather rapping, "Shout Out," by SHINee. While she was watching him, she couldn't help but feel a burst of courage when she saw that everyone had gone up. After Minho was done and everyone started cheering, Min Ki bravely walked up and gently pulled the microphone out of Minho's hand. Everyone turned and was surprised to see her standing there, mic in hand, ready to sing.
 
Confused, Key strutted up to her. "Are you sure?" he questioned.
 
"I thought you wanted me to sing," she rolled her eyes and scoffed.
 
"Aarasso," Key flashed a cheeky grin before walking to the machine. "Which song?"
 
"Gee acoustic version," she replied without hesitation.
 
That's a tough song... Key thought. As the song was loading, Key was preparing to cover his ears. He really did believe that Min Ki's voice was going to be a bit rough and scratchy, but once he heard her real voice, he fell right out of his seat. Min Ki, paying no attention to this, kept on singing as everyone's jaws flung open.
 
Once the song finished, Min Ki handed the microphone back to Key with an expressionless face. "T-That was amazing..." Key gawked at her.
 
Min Ki rolled her eyes. "Whatever."
 
"No really, do you take lessons?" he tried again to compliment her.
 
"I gotta go," she shoved past him and grabbed her bag, walking out of the large house and out into the streets.
 
***
 
As Key was practicing his dance moves in the dance studio he goes to, dusk fell unusually early, for Key decided to go home and rest. 
 
While he was walking, he passed a dark alley and heard a faint whimpering noise. Key's head automatically snapped at the general location of it, and began to walk closer.
 
Thinking it was nothing but a harmless puppy, Key snapped his fingers. "Come here, I'm not gonna hurt you," he cooed, gesturing for the tiny creature to come forward. 
 
"Attack!" a sudden voice hollered, and the puppy jerked back, disappearing into the dark shadows. Key flinched at the voice, spinning in one spot, eyes darting here and there to find its owner.
 
"Now," the voice called again, but calmer this time. Unexpectedly, three slim figures flipped and hovered over him, then all landed on the ground in unison. Key looked at all of them. There were three females. One of the females had on a shiny black tank top and skin tight black jeans with black high heels. Her brown hair was tied tight into a high side ponytail, and she also had on a thick silver choker wrapped around her long neck. Another had on a long black coat with a hood made up with rings and long black tights. The coat was opened up, and it revealed a sheer black shirt, with a silver sports bra. The rest of her stomach was exposed. The last was a bit less flashy, but still was intimidating with her black skinny jeans and tight halter top with a fighting glove on her right hand. She had on dark eye makeup, making her eyes pop.
 
The trio started to step towards Key, cornering him between all three of them. Key wanted to run, but he just couldn't. He wanted to push between all of them, but his legs just wouldn't allow him to. One of the girls started to step forward from all the others, and she threw her hands up in the air. The next thing Key knew, he was looking at nothing but pure water, having it lap through the air towards him.
 
All Key could do was fall to his knees and wait for the forceful attack to hit. He closed his eyes shut once he heard it come closer. He buried his head in his knees when he was sure that the launch would've sent him flying. He waited, but it never came. Instead, above him, was a short yet powerful figure, blocking him and the attack.
 
============================================================
 
Dun dun duuuuun~~~ Key's in trouble.... And yeah, I love IU's voice, so I decided to use it.... THANKS TO IU!!! Please comment and subscribe!!! <3 <3 <3 <3 And I also have an author problem... I feel like I'm doing something wrong coz every time I update, I lose a subber D: so my subbers remain at that one number... 20.... I know that's really good, but why do ppl keep unsubbing? Am I doing something wrong??? D: Please tell me!!!
 
-dino-nerd525