Chapter 8: Getting to Know You... Sort of

My Little Avatar

 

"Your house is nice," Key nodded.
 
"Thanks."
 
"Where are your neighbors?" he tried getting more than just a simple answer.
 
"Don't have any."
 
Min Ki lived in a remote area. It was pretty much in the middle of nowhere. In fact, before this, Key didn't even know there was such a place in Daegu like this. Min Ki's house was quite big, she had to admit; her parents left it for them so they had somewhere to live. It was more of a traditional home more than a regular one, and she had a big garden with many plants, a koi pond, and a turtle statue.
 
"So are your parents home?" Key asked.
 
"Don't have any, either."
 
"What? You-"
 
"Don't talk about it," she snapped harshly. "Just to let you know, my sister is a water bender and my brother is an earth bender, but don't bring any of it up in front of my brother unless you want a smack down from both him and me. Got it?"
 
"I-"
 
"Good."
 
"I think only my sister's home right now. It's okay to talk about it in front of her, though, she knows that you know, so it shouldn't be a problem. And just to be clear, you're only stepping foot into my house because it's for a grade. Nothing else," Min Ki nodded. Key nodded back.
 
Once Min Ki opened her door, she slipped off her shoes and plopped on her couch. "Yuri! I'm home!"
 
Soon after, Yuri walked by. "Hey Mikki. Jiyong's at training right now with Big Bang," she told her. Jiyong was apart of the most skilled male group in the training center called Big Bang. It consisted of him, Seunghyun, and three of his other friends, the other Seunghyun (who goes by Seungri), Youngbae (who goes by Taeyang), and Daesung. They all treated Mikki like their younger sister.
 
"Okay. Key's over by the way, we have to work on a project," Mikki stretched and yawned.
 
"Hey Key," Yuri greeted calmly.
 
"Annyeonghasaeo Yuri noona. Min Ki, you didn't tell me your sister's pretty," he bowed and waved. Yuri laughed.
 
"I like this kid," she giggled before walking off. Mikki rolled her eyes and glared at Key.
 
"What?"
 
Mikki sighed. "Nothing."
 
"What did she call you?"
 
"Bwoh? Call me what?" Mikki scrunched her nose up and started to get her school materials out.
 
"Yuri, she called you something," Key reminded.
 
"Oh. Mikki. It's my nickname when I'm not in school," she explained.
 
"So since we aren't in school, I can call you that?" Key asked.
 
"No. Don't call me anything but Min Ki," she ordered.
 
Key laughed. "Arasso, arasso. Do you have any pets?"
 
"What's with all the questions?" Mikki scowled.
 
"I just wanted to get to know you better," Key shrugged, getting a bit peeved off by her cold attitude.
 
"Well don't. You're lucky that I even let you into my house."
 
"Point taken."
 
***
 
Min Ki automatically shot straight up out of her bed when she heard her alarm clock sound.
 
"I need to remember to change it on the weekends, it's friggin 7 in the morning and I'm awake!" she whisper-shouted to herself.
 
Deciding it was too early for her morning jog, Min Ki stayed in bed reading until her clock read 9:30.
 
After getting ready, Min Ki jogged to her favorite place where she could be alone- the park. She ran around the perimeter three times before stopping to take a little drink.
 
"Min Ki?" Oh hell no....
 
She looked up, sending a firey glare at Key. "What?" she questioned, annoyed.
 
"Geez, and I thought Minho had the worst glare ever," Key muttered to himself.
 
"What?!"
 
"Nothing," he scratched the back of his head. After taking a drink from the water fountain, he cleared his throat. "So what are you doing here?"
 
"Jogging," she replied, still having a glare on her face, obviously angry that she couldn't get at least 5 minutes of alone time.
 
"Well do you wanna play soccer with my friends and I? We have an odd number of players," he offered.
 
Thinking she would say straight up, "No," Key started back to his team's goal when he heard her voice say, "Why not?"
 
"What did you say?" he asked, eyes wide.
 
"Better hurry or I'll already be there," she stuck her tongue out at him and darted for their field. Is she PMSing or something, her mood swings are out of control...
 
"Hey guys, Min Ki's gonna play with us, that okay?" Key confirmed. They all looked at Key, then Min Ki, then back to Key.
 
"Key can we talk to you for a second?" Taemin pulled Key by his wrist over to everyone else.
 
Meanwhile, Min Ki stood there alone. She knew what others thought of her. She knew they all thought of her as a freak. But what hurt her the most was that people talked behind her back instead of just telling her straight up. She wouldn't mind it if they did.
 
"Hey!" a bouncy voice chanted behind her, making her flinch a bit.
 
"I'm Nicole," she said. "I don't play soccer, I'm just cheering for them," she explained. Min Ki kept a confused look on her face.
 
"MIn Ki," she introduced herself. "They're too busy talking behind my back like wimps rather than toughening up and telling me to my face like a real man," she bluntly said and rolled her eyes.
 
Nicole laughed. "Yeah I guess they're pretty wimpy. You play soccer?"
 
"I'm here, aren't I?" Min Ki raised an eyebrow at her.
 
She chuckled. "True."
 
Min Ki raised her eyebrow higher. Never in her life has she ever met anyone this perky. It was creepy, yet she didn't get on Min Ki's nerves. That much.
 
"Okay, now that we got that settled, Min Ki, you can be on Minho and Onew's team," Key came back with the others with a grin on his face.
 
Min Ki shrugged and walked over to the two boys, standing in the middle of them. "Do you need me to explain the rules to you?" Minho asked.
 
"It's soccer, I'm not stupid," she rolled her eyes and stomped to the other side next to Onew.
 
"Ready?" Nicole stood in the middle of the field with the soccer ball and let it fall. "Start!" 
 
Right away, everyone darted for the ball except for Min Ki who they told to be the goalie.
 
"Min Ki, block it!" Minho shouted as the ball came her way. Even without looking, she caught the black and white ball with one hand and smirked at everyone's astonished faces. Min Ki set it down, backing up a few steps, before running up and kicking the ball in mid-air, flying past Key and Jonghyun, and into the other goal directly across from her past Taemin.
 
"GOAL!" Minho and Onew yelled, high-fiving each other.
 
"You play well, have you been on a team before?" Minho questioned.
 
"I just have good coordination," she shrugged.
 
"It isn't just good, it's amazing!" he exclaimed. Min Ki took her arms off of her folded chest and looked at him. The feeling was new to her, mostly because nobody has ever really complimented her before. It felt good.
 
"You think?" she crinkled her nose at him.
 
"I don't think; I know. You should try out for the school's team," he suggested.
 
Min Ki nodded. "Thanks, I think I will," she half-smiled at him.
 
From across the field, Key couldn't help but notice Minho talking to Min Ki. How did he get even that close to her already? She still doesn't like me.... Why do I even care that much?
 
============================================
 
Haha, jelly Key! SO I'M BACK!!! I was thinking of doing a double update, but then there was some misunderstandings with me and my friends when we planned on going to the county fair... I thought it was today when it was tomorrow so I was all ready, waiting there for like, half an hour until I had to call one of my friends.... Yeah.... Don't forget to comment and subscribe~!
 
-dino-nerd525