Chapter 1: New Girl

My Little Avatar

 

Please Read Foreword First :)))
---------------------------------------------------------------------
*13 Years Later*
 
"Ummmaaaa!" Kibum, or now known as Key, practically lept into his mother's arms, missing the warmth and kindness of her comfort. It has been almost two years since Key had left Daegu to go to the states for extra education, but now he would be returning to Daegu High to finish it.
 
"Kibummie!" his mother kissed him on the back of the head and his now blonde hair. "I've missed you soooo much!" 
 
"Me too," he whispered, picking up all of his bags and heading towards the main exit of the airport. "It's warmer than I remembered it to be!" he took in a big breathful of Daegu air and exhaled, spinning around. "It feels so good to be back!"
 
After packing his bags in his mother's trunk, Key dashed into the driver's seat and gave his mom the puppy dog face. "Can I? Please? I'm old enough now!" he pleaded. He didn't have a driver's license yet, but in America, he had learned how to drive.
 
His mother just gave him a polite hand and laughed. "Go ahead, but don't get us killed," she pointed a sharp finger at him and climbed into the seat next to him. Key chuckled. They spent their car ride mostly talking about what Key was doing in America, what his mother was doing when he was gone, and sharing memories about the past.
 
"Remember when I used to tell you bedtime stories?" his mother teased and pinched his cheek.
 
Key scowled, "Don't even remind me. Those stories filled my head with nonsense and were just trips to the counsler waiting to happen."
 
"Oh come on, you loved my stories, especially the one with the avatar girl."
 
"Yeah, loved- past tense," Key rolled his eyes as they neared the next stop sign.
 
"And I remember you used to say you wanted to find her someday," she reminded.
 
"I don't even know what I was thinking. Pfft- me finding the avatar girl. If I tried, I would epically fail because she is NOT real," Key said.
 
His mother just laughed at him. "Arasso, I get it. Just remember, you have school on Monday, so you have two days. I already have your uniform and schedule all settled."
 
"I just got back and we're already talking about school again? I'm so tired I just want to sleep for the next two days," Key groaned, pulling up at their driveway.
 
Getting out of the small mini van, Key's mother tried to help him with his bags, but Key insisted to let him do it by himself, not wanting his mother to work too hard.
 
"KEY!" a too familiar voice called for him.
 
"TAEMIN!" Key shouted back, readying himself for the tightest hug in the world which came in an instant. Taemin was Key's next door neighbor and absolute best friend. He was like Key's loyal puppy who would never go away. Every time Key came back from somewhere, Taemin was there. He was the one who introduced Key to his other friends, Onew, Minho, Jonghyun. He was also the one who nicknamed Kibum 'Key', because apparently, he was able to unlock anything and could do anything, or as Taemin said it to be.
 
"YOU'RE BACK!" he squealed. 
 
"T-T-Tae...min.... t-too tight.... can't breathe," Key choked, trying to pry the red head off of him. It was like he was clutching onto him for dear life.
 
"Whoops, sorry!" Taemin flashed a cheeky smile and released his hyung who he missed so much.
 
"Are you coming back to Daegu High?" Taemin asked, taking Key's bags and heading to his front door.
 
"Monday," Key replied.
 
"Good. Daegu hasn't been the same without you! For the past years, there's been this..... weird girl on campus."
 
"Definition of weird?" Key asked for more explanation.
 
"Like.... strange weird. She sits by herself at lunch and pushes people away. I heard that when people get close to her, things.... happen."
 
"What... things?" 
 
"I dunno, I've never been near her, but Minho hyung has. He said that when he tried to talk to her, a really big gust of wind almost carried him away! Then Onew hyung was asking her a homework question near the school fountain, the water started bubbling. Isn't that weird?" Taemin raised his eyebrows, setting Key's bags down.
 
"I think you guys are just overreacting, I bet this girl is nice and people are just making it rough on her. On Monday, I'll try to talk to her and see if those rumors are true," Key offered.
 
"O-kay! But don't say I didn't warn you," Taemin shrugged before the two brotherly friends caught up on everything they had missed in the past years.
 
*Monday*
 
"Kibum! Hurry up and get ready or you'll be late for school!" Key's mom shouted over the beeps of the warm oven and the actors on her favorite television show. At that moment, Key hopped down the steps, all ready to go.
 
"I'm gonna take a ride with Taemin today," Key took a piece of toast and shoved half of it into his mouth.
 
"Arasso, be safe and have fun sweetie," she ordered, planting a small kiss on his forehead before setting him free.
 
"Tae! Wait up!" Key yelled, jogging over to his jittery friend.
 
"Waaaah Key hyung, I can't wait for you to come back!" Taemin shook Key's arm excidedly.
 
"Same! How's Minho doing?" Key questioned the boy.Recently, Minho's leg had been injured in a sporting activity, making him inactive for a month or so.
 
"Minho hyung's all better now! The doctor just said to keep it out of harm's way," Taemin answered.
 
When they were at school, people autimatically recognized Key and bid him hello's or asked him questions about America. However when it was lunch time, a crowd gathered around him.
 
"KEY!!!" three voices sounded at the same time. Key turned around to see, only the three faces he knew the most. Onew, Jonghyun, and Minho. Being the athletic person he is, Minho ran to him first and hugged him, picking him up and spinning around. Jonghyun and Onew did the same.
 
"I'm liking the blonde hair," Jonghyun approved, observing all angles of his face.
 
Key chuckled. "I see you guys haven't changed at all, just the way I like it."
 
While the other boys were chit-chatting along, Key couldn't help but overhear a group's conversation behind him.
 
"Did you see that?" "Yeah I know that was so weird!" "She's just so strange!" "What's up with her?" Those words kept coming from everywhere around Key, he realized. Searching for the mystery girl everyone's been talking about, his eyes scanned one lunch table that only had one person sitting on it. A female. She had an expressionless look on her face and wore little, if any, makeup. It seemed like all she was focused on was her food. Key noticed the people around here were pointing at her and whispering. Feeling guilty and empathy for the girl, he excused himself from his table and sat down at her's.
 
She looked up at him with the same face, but slightly more confused, and continued eating.
 
"Annyeonghasaeo, Kim Kibum imnida, but you can call me Key if you want!" Key greeted joyfully, putting his hand out for her to shake. She looked at his hand and back at Key, but still ignored him. Key cleared his throat. "S-So I think you're in my homeroom, right?" he scratched the back of his head, trying to get her to talk.
 
Suddenly, the table started feeling warm- no, hot. "Ow! D-Do you feel that?" Key asked, taking his hands off the table. It felt as if the seats were boiling as well. "OUCH!" Key yelped, jumping from his seat and landing -first on the floor. People stopped and stared, others whispered, and others just pretended they didn't see that at all.
 
The girl hovered over him and finally spoke in a monotone, yet harsh voice. "My name's Min Ki. And I suggest you don't try to talk to me again."
 
==================================
 
Heyo! First chappie up! I'm requesting a poster soon, and tell me what you think! :D Please comment and subscribe :)))))
 
-dino-nerd525