XLIV: Let the rhythm flow

Ms. Opposite and Mr.Wrong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Kris!” You exclaimed delightfully. You just got out of the building where you temporarily work at when you saw someone waiting for you in front all clad in disguise. It’s hard to believe you still recognized him even after all these years. But really, Kris has defined features that aren’t so easy to forget. Who else would have perfect thick eyebrows, tall, angled nose and a gigantic height like his?

 

Kris waved at you. He was smiling under his mask. He noticed that you’ve changed so much—becoming more beautiful that you already were. You approached him excitedly and gave him a friendly peck on the cheek. It gave him the feeling of butterflies fluttering in his stomach.

 

“Long time no see.” He said and kissed your cheek too.

 

You entered the passcode for your door. 0126

 

“That’s not your birthday…” Kris observed. Most people’s passcodes are the month and day of their birthdate.

 

“No, uhm..it’s-it’s someone else’s birthday. Having mine would be cliché.” You laughed awkwardly and pushed the door open. “Come in.” You urged him. Kris entered willingly and made himself at home by looking around.

 

“I’m so sorry we don’t get to eat out.” You apologized as you placed cans of beer and soju and the box of chicken you ordered on your way home on the table. You sat on the sofa and popped a can of beer—offering it to Kris.

 

“It’s okay, it’s my fault anyway—for being so famous.” Kris joked and sipped the frothy beverage.

 

Your phone vibrated, signaling a text. You entered the password on the screen and Kris observed that it was the same as your passcode.

 

“It’s Tao.” You informed him.

 

Just then, his own phone rang shrilly. And as he already guessed, it is Tao too. He answered the phone while rolling his eyes.

 

“HOW DARE YOU VISIT MEIMEI WITHOUT ME?! I’M RIGHT OUTSIDE HER APARTMENT’S BUILDING. WAIT ‘TIL I GET THERE.” Without further words, he ended the call.

 

“He’ll be here any minute now.” Kris sighed. He wasn’t so happy that he wouldn’t get to spend time alone with you. Tao is an attention . You will surely be divided while talking to both of them.

 

Aaaaand he was right. Kris went back to the dorm with Tao feeling so pissed. Apparently, Tao’s drinking tolerance wasn’t good. He drank a bottle of soju and started demonstrating wushu. After finishing a half bottle more, he became clingy and childish with you. That part really popped Kris’s nerves. And at last, after ceasing his second bottle, he vomited and blanked out. So Kris had to take him home, missing more time with you.

 

“What the hell happened to him?” Suho asked as he rushed over to help Kris carry Tao’s weight.

 

“He drank two bottles of soju.” He explained while rolling his eyes and they dragged Tao to his bedroom.

 

“I hate the smell of liquor.” Xiumin complained. Apparently, he shares the room with Tao. Kris didn’t have a choice but to let Tao snooze in his bedroom for tonight. He threw Tao carelessly on the bed and kicked the frame irritably.

 

“Aish! Always such a er.” Kris sneered at Tao’s passed out figure. He took a quick shower and went back to his room. He pulled out a sleeping mattress from under the bed and laid it out on the floor. He grabbed a pillow, plumped it and placed his head against it.

 

He took out his cellphone and saw that there was an unread message from you. He tapped it open.

 

Thanks for visiting me even for just a while.

 

I’ll be leaving three days from now. So it was really nice catching up with you guys.

I hope Tao sobers up. Tell him to get well.

Take care always!

Goodnight :)

-~~~

[Received at 9:33 p.m.]

 

Kris smiled gleefully and replied goodnight. Before sleeping, he browsed the internet on his cellphone. He happened to pass by the showbiz news and saw an article about Jaejoong holding a fan meeting in Tokyo Dome. What caught his attention particularly was the date it will be held.

 

“….Tickets were sold out in a matter of minutes. The event will be held on January 26 in view of his birthday celebration.”

 

He remembered you entering the passcode. It was 0126 and you said that it was someone else’s birthday. Kris felt like he solved a puzzle piece. After all these years, ~~~, it’s still him? He thought with a heavy heart. That night, he slept uneasily.

 

The next day, Tao woke up feeling awful. Apparently, they were to perform on music bank and Kris had to look after him backstage as he went back and forth to the bathroom. As Kris was waiting for Tao outside the men’s room, Jaejoong happened to pass by in front of him.

 

“Hey!” Jaejoong was the first to greet and gave him a pat on the shoulder. Kris looked up and returned the gesture.

 

“How’s it going?” Jaejoong opened the conversation.

 

“Excellent, we’ve got a new album. We’re here for promotion.” Kris answered briefly.

 

“EXO, right? Wow, twelve members. It’s good you stayed strong through the years.” Jaejoong complimented, reminiscing that DBSK didn’t get to last a life time as he wanted it to be. But things do happen for a reason.

 

“What about you, what are you doing here?” Kris asked.

 

“I’m here to support Junsu. He’s promoting a single.” Jaejoong replied with a shrug.

 

“Is ~~~ coming too?” Assuming that Jaejoong already knows, he blurted out the question.

 

Jaejoong stared at him weirdly. “Yah, are you mocking me?” He chuckled unheartedly. “I guess I’ll see you around.” Jaejoong walked out with an unreadable expression. It was a mix of sadness, heartbreak, pain and more but none of it reflected bitterness or anger.

 

Kris was taken aback. He  stared at Jaejoong’s retreating figure disbelievingly. How could you be so ignorant, Jaejoong?

 

“Kris ge! Who are you looking at?” Tao called his attention and followed Kris’s gaze.

 

“Nothing.” Kris murmured dismally. “Let’s go.” He urged Tao and led the way back to their dressing room.

 

~

 

“Cheers!” Jaejoong, Junsu and Yoochun raised their

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter