II: Work

Ms. Opposite and Mr.Wrong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

you Pov:

You stormed off the scene grumbling about how you hate Jaejoong.

"That guy... he'll see. One day, I'll be able to punch him hard on the face." You grudged while gritting your teeth.

You kept walking, not really minding of where you're heading. Once, you stumbled over a piece of crumpled newspaper that stuck to your shoe. You tried removing it by stepping on it and dragging it but it just won't.

You sighed and bent down to remove it. As soon as your eyes caught what's printed on it. You crumpled the paper and stepped on it repeatedly. You picked it up again and tore it to shreds.

What's printed on the newspaper? 

The caption above Jaejoong's picture said: "JYJ member praised for his acting skills."

"Tch. Jerk." you muttered bitterly and kicked the remaining strands of the newspaper. Out of your peripheral vision, you noticed a pair of eyes watching you.

You snapped your head to the left and saw a guy near your age staring at you with humor in his eyes and lips turned into a half smile.

"What ?!" You asked, irritated by his face expression.

"You know you can be fined for littering right?" He said.

You forced yourself not to let your jaw drop. It's illegal to litter? Oh damn, I should've known better about the laws of this country you thought to yourself.

You stood erect and lifted your chin a little high to show dignity. 

"kkeojyeo (get lost)." You spat and turned to leave.

You heard him snort but you didn't turn back to plant a punch on his face. After all, he's the least of your concerns.

It's getting close to dark and you are sitting on a bench in a park, drinking soda. Your knees are raised to your chin, and your arms encircled around you, as if to protect yourself. Your feet ached after walking so long to ease your anger.You watch the kids playing in the park envily.

You sighed and muttered, "How I wish I was still a kid."

You missed your Mom and the things you do back then when you were a child. You missed the laughter you shared together. You missed the times when you weren't seas away from her. You miss your dog, your siblings... You miss everything back in your country. In conclusion, you are homesick.

Your phone vibrated in your pocket. Good thing it wasn't in your bag or else the robber could've sold it to buy another stinking deadly weapon.

A familiar number flashed on the screen. You touched the green button and held the phone close to your ear.

"Yoboseyo?(hello?)" you answered in a drained voice.

"Yah! ~~~ Are you coming or not? " the loud, high-pitched voice boomed into your ears.

"Yeah, Yeah. I'm coming." you said and hung up.

You stood from your seat and slung your bag on your shoulder. 

~

You arrived at the place around 7:00 p.m. feeling over-the-top exhausted. You slumped on the sofa and Ji Eun, the receptionist and your best friend stared at you with a cocked eyebrow.

"I'm so tired I think I will pass out." you explained with your eyes closed.

"Rough day, eh?" Ji Eun said, looking at your stained clothes.

"Yep. I got robbed and met a handsome actor." Though the two things sounded contrary, there was only a tone of loathing in your voice

"Well at least meeting an actor made up for your being robbed." Ji Eun stated with a shrug.

"Rephrase!" , you spoke with a finger lifted up, your body still slumped on the sofa.

"I got robbed and I met a handsome, arrogant, jerk, crazy, irritating, punch-provoking actor who thinks that I'm a sasaeng--which sounds so evil-- and who cost me my tutition fee" You delivered without pausing.

"Great! Now you really need to work in order for you to earn your tuition fee back." She said, beaming.

You stared at her blankly, serious that you're not in the mood to do your work.

"SM Ent. needs someone to sing the new songs intended for SNSD's album. They need songs sung by someone that will guide the 9 girls in singing them. Pay is a bit higher than the usual. $20 per song." she offered invitingly.

"How many songs?" 

"12."

"Aja!" you said with conviction and stood from your seat.

~

You cleared your throat and drank coffee before starting the recording. You placed the headphones on your ears and arranged the scores in front of you. You inched near the mic and raised a thumb to the person behind the glass.

He nodded and turned up the buttons. 

The music started to play and you sang the lyrics in front of you to it. 

It took you 27 take

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter