Chapter 8

Live like Karate, Love like Piano

 

You and Suho walked side by side at the Park after finished the day.

“Do you have any plan for the weekend?” He looked up at the clear sky. It was a nice sunny weather.
You gently shook your head.”How about you?”
He walked slower and turned to face you, “No plans with Boyfriend?” he looked at your eyes with the expression that you couldn’t tell.

You avoided his eyes, and replied calmly “You mean Baekhyun? He is not my boyfriend. We are just bff, just like Pooh and Piglet” You laughed awkwardly
He didn’t reply, instead kept walking to the school gate.

When both of you reached the gate, you bowed at him, “Bye, see you next week Suho-ssi”
Not even a few meters after you walked, he shouted from behind, “Wait!”
You turned back , “Yes?” You saw him walked fast towards you.
“Let me take you home” he grabbed your wrist and led the way. You tried to protest but gave in as he insisted. On your way home, Baekhyun called but You accidentally rejected it .
Crap! He must be asking me to go home together. I should text him now.
You felt guilty, but there was no way you could ask him to join. You typed fast. Sorry Baekhyun ah, I’m now on my way home with See Hyun. I’ll see you next week.

He read your message and sighed.. Since when she become so busy? Anyway, she’s with See Hyun, so doesn’t matter
He grabbed his stuffs from the practicing room and headed downstairs. At the first floor, one of the trainee girl saw and called him.
“Baekhyun-ssi! “ He turned his head and saw one stranger. He tilted his head, “Do I know you?”
“No, but I do” she smile brightly, “My name is Ji Hyun, Lee Ji Hyun. And I’m one of the trainees here as well. Nice to meet you” She reached out her hand and he shook it lightly.

“yep, then see you later” He rushed downstairs.
“Wait! I just want to ask you out if you don’t mind. I have two tickets to Lotte World. For this weekend” she showed the best smile she had.
He frowned, “Uh..I’m sorry but I’m not interested. Now please excuse myself” He jumped off the last two steps and quickly disappeared.
She hissed peevishly.

At the school gate, he happened to meet Kai and a girl walking together.
Ooooh? He has a date now?
“Yaah!” He whipped behind and hit hard Kai’s back.
“Arrgh!! Damn it, who’s that??” He cried out in pain. He turned back and when he saw Baekhyun with his innocent smile, he shot him a dreadful look.

He quickly clung into Kai’s neck.” So who’s she? Another date,huh? You playboy machine”
“Don’t ruin my innocent image, will ya? I bet you know her” he rolled his eyes.

Baekhyun tilted his head to see his date. He widened his eyes instantly, “Se-Se Hyun ssi!?”
“How come?” He repeatedly pointed at See Hyun.
 Kai smacked his hand lightly, “Don’t be rude Bacon-ssi”
“B-But, I thought you already went back with ~~ “
She looked at him dumfounded, “What? No, I haven’t met her today. I guess she’s at Karate club. Maybe you should check her there”
Kai crossed his arm and said, “I don’t know exactly what happened, but please excuse us, we need to go somewhere”. He pulled Baekhyun aside and whispered, “But don’t forget to tell me tomorrow” He winked playfully and took Se Hyun wrist before walked away.


He gloomily watched their back until they disappeared into the crowd.
She lied to me? Because of that Karate guy?
He felt a slight constrict inside himself. He touched his chest. “What’s wrong with me? I never felt like this before. Or is it because I’m lonely?”