chapter 4

Live like Karate, Love like Piano

 

You dropped your jaw in disbelief and cracked up. Also, You can’t help but felt so embarrassed, moreover people started to gather around and gossiping them. Finally you found Baekhyun and called for him.
“Yah! What are you doing here?I’m looking for you at the instrumental section”
Wait, who are these guys? “ He curiously looked back and forth between you and them.

“Eh, so Chagiya, please kindly tell them that you forbid me to do Karate anymore”

“CHA-CHAGI? And forbid you what?! No I neva-OUCH!” You stepped hard on his feet and gave him a look. His lips form an Ah, and slowly nodded in agreement.
He cleared his throat “Ehm..Well, yeah that’s right”

“Who is he?” Su Ho gradually released ur arm. His tone sounded upset.

“My boyfriend!” You answered him quickly. Baekhyun was just about to open his mouth before smiled brightly hearing that.

He sighed “so I guess the answer is no. That’s fine, but I’m glad I could meet you here ~ssi!”

He showed a blatantly unhappy face. “Let’s go Tao, I’m sorry but forget about the snack I promised you. Our mission failed’
That you-thought-scary guy named Tao, obediently followed him while whining like puppy.
“Hyung~~~!”
                                                                       ****

That night at home, at your bedroom, you gazed at the ceiling while your mind flew back to the scene that happened today.
I knew I enjoy doing Karate so much. But I also knew that I can’t make that into career.
You sighed heavily, You rolled aside and took one of the frames that had a picture of your family. Your Dad was the one who encouraged you in joining Karate. You still remember how proud he was when you won the national title.
On the other hand, Mom never really agreed in me entering Karate. She always said girl had to act tenderly, feminine, and soft spoken. Thus, she asked you to take piano lesson. Being an obedient girl, you happily said yes to both of them.
You never regret it, as you sincerely love both.

Suddenly, your phone rang. A message from Baekhyun.

Chagi, have you eaten? About today, hmm…let me think.
If you really like Karate, why you have to give up on it? No one said it was a bad choice. As for me, that’s how I differentiate you with other normal girls, or those crazy of cute boy- type of girls. Haha
Anyway, I’ll support you whatever your choice is. But one thing, you can’t give up on protecting me key~? :PP
Your Hobae <3


You laughed at his message. He never failed to make you feel better in a situation like this.
I guess he was right, i don’t have to give up either of them. Just like what I always did from the day I chose both.
You felt relief and peaceful, now that you got the answer. Soon after, you fallen asleep..

Next day, you woke up early and decided to go school early as well. You texted Baekhyun and asked him to go by himself. You showed your bright smile when you went downstairs. “Morning Oemma!”
Surprised, “Whoa, you are early today! Anything good happened yesterday?” she warmly greeted you. “Wait for a moment, I almost finished the breakfast”
you sit down and sniffed the air. What a nice smell. Your stomach started to grumble asking for food.
Fifteen minutes later,you already on your way to school, wiggled most of the times.
Meanwhile at his home, Baekhyun frowned, reading your text.
What is this girl up to? He sighed upset.

 Arrived, you quickly headed to Karate’s club. You eagerly wanted to see Suho and tell him the good news.
Unfortunately, no one was there. You felt A little bit upset, but didn’t ruin your good mood . You decided to wait for him since school started like 1 hour later. You sat on the floor and gazed around, the room was made of good quality woods and it had a mellowed, subtle scent. You closed your eyes as you leaned your heads to the wall, dozed off.
Not long after, someone approached you. Suho squatted down, he stared at your face long before held out his hand caressed your cheek.
You felt something soft and cold, and then slowly opened your eyes. Blurry, you saw someone face closed to yours. You blinked your eyes couple of times before bugged out seeing Suho’s smile and his hand on your face. You spontaneously get up, but ended in bumping his forehead.
“Arrgh” he cried in pain

“Omy God, are you okay?!” You bend down and checked his forehead.

“It’s alright, I’m fine” He took your hands and smiled.

Realized the situation just now, Your face started to blush. You pulled your hands from his, but he swiftly grabbed them back.
He stood up and dragged you along “c’mon you must have something to tell me. Otherwise you won’t be here”
You quietly followed him to the park, and sat on the nearest bench.

“So, what are you up to?” He released your arm and faced you.

“Nothing much. I just want to explain something about yesterday” You awkwardly looked at him

“Go on”

“Yesterday, because it was too sudden, I can’t make decision properly” you paused for few seconds and continued, “I think I will accept your offer, I just can’t run way from it”

He looked at you dumfounded, “ It? What do you mean?”

You rolled your eyes. Aigoo, is he stupid or what? “ You know! “

“Ah...That. So you wanted to join?” he uninterestedly said, He turned his head and played with his finger.

exo-k-high-cut-4.gif

Your face quickly turned red.


I should have known, he didn’t mean it yesterday!
Greatly disappointed, you stood up and stepped forward. Just in time, he pulled you back to sit.
He chuckled, “Hey, you can’t even tell I’m joking ?” he winked at you satisfied. Before you could even protest, he hugged you lightly and said, “welcome back my rival”
“Don’t tease me anymore! You meannie” You let out your laughter.