Fighting over you?

Live like Karate, Love like Piano

You yawned widely and looked over the busy Sunday night road. A lot of couples passed by and didn’t hesitate to show their intimacy. Sighed, you insensibly touched your own lip. What we are now? Boyfriend and girlfriend relationship? I doubt so.
You turned back and stopped. Baekhyun gone? You frowned and glanced around to find his whereabouts.
You heard someone yelled calling for your name, but there were too many people walked pass made you hardly saw his figure.
“Excuse me, excuse me!” Baekhyun nudged himself through the crowds and finally saw you. “~~!” He yanked you arm and you gasped, widened eyes in shocked. He blew in relief. “Sorry I went the shop there to buy some ddukbukki. And when I looked back you were gone! I thought I asked you to stay”
You scratched the back of your neck, and shyly replied, “I’m sorry. I’m in my own world just now”
“Aigoo” Using his index finger, he flicked your forehead lightly. He glanced at his watch. Seven, still early.
Loud music heard from one of the building, a karaoke place. His eyes sparkled as he began to think of songs that he wanted to sing. You rolled eyes and pulled him to move forward. “You are not eligible to enter that place Baekhyun!”
He pouted upset.
“The food is getting colder. Where are we going to eat that anyway?”.
“You said your curfew is before 9, right? It’s only 7 now, let’s go to my place. I have a brilliant idea”
Your house? How about your dad? Before you could protest, he quickly dragged you away.

“Where’s uncle?” You peeked through the front door. Baekhyun already darted inside and threw himself on the couch, free and ease.
“He went to his friend’s daughter wedding AND!” He turned to you and smirked. “He won’t be back before midnight. That means we have plenty of time to enjoy ourselves”
Enjoy ourselves..? You gulped hard. You had no idea why those words made your heart raced and face turned pink. You cleared your throat awkwardly and went to the kitchen instead. Tip toed, you reached for the closest bowls. You poured out the hot contents and constantly took a peep.
He was drown in selecting the video compact discs to play. When he found the one that he looking for, he made a happy yet funny expression.
You chuckled and shook head. He’s way too innocent. He couldn’t mean something else with those words.

“So this is your brilliant idea” You eyed him and gave an underestimate look. He stopped singing and looked back. His lips shifted upwards, and he nodded.
“Then, what am I suppose to do?” You flopped down the couch and started eating.
“I’ll let you duet with the idol later. Now just enjoy the show properly” He winked and focused back on the screen. He took the remote and chose a different title. IDOL? Pfft, Whatever. You chuckled a bit and continued with the food.
A nostalgic old music resonance throughout the room. He lifted up his mike and slowly hummed with a low husky voice. His tried to mimic a broken heart expression, showed his saddest face ever.
You almost choked on the ddukbukki. You looked at him dumbfounded, jaw dropped. Is he serious? This is a big FAIL. Unable to stand it, you laughed out hard holding your stomach. He furrowed his eyebrow, but smiled afterwards. Still put on the same hilarious expression, he drew closer to face you and sang even worsen.
“STOP IT! BWAHAHAHA” You pushed his face backwards, and laughed uncontrollably.
Still smiling, He pulled up and straightened himself before skipped to another song. Now it was a dance track from Super Junior, Sorry sorry. His eyes sparkled at once. In one lightning move, he positioned himself at the center and began dancing. “WOOO!” you cheered him as he got most parts right. Towards the end, his crazy instinct took over him. He began to shuffle dance and he moved his arms randomly, resembled the octopus.
“BFFFT!” This time you really did choke on it. Coughing badly, you stormed to the kitchen and gulped water in one go.
“HAHA! I got youuu under my skin~”
Irked, You stomped to his side and snatched the mike out of his hand,” My turn, move!” He hissed and obediently sat down. Starving, he finished the food in few minutes just in time you selected a song, IU’s you and I. At first you hummed following the melody perfectly, nearly the chorus the pitch was getting higher and your voice poorly cracked. Embarrassed, You halted halfway and cleared your throat loudly. You glanced at Baekhyun, and he was covering his mouth, held back his laughter. His face was bright red. Your face fell in shame, you bit lips and flopped back to the couch.
“I’m sorry I didn’t meant to made fun of it, Okay let us call it an end” He wiped his teary eyes and turned off the disc player. You quietly moved behind him and smacked his head. It hit on the cupboard, defenseless. “What the- YA!” His eyebrow sank and he rubbed his head. He eyed you with a ready to attack expression. OO!
You fled upstairs to his bedroom as he began to chase after you. Won in speed, he easily caught after you. He slipped his arms around your waist and lifted you up. Your eyes widened in surprise. How could he-!
“Let me down! NOW!” Your feet flounced in the air. Warmth spread all over your face. He giggled and spun you around.
“LET ME DOWN, OR ELSE I’LL KILL YOU” You warned. He accidentally tripped on a dropped pencil and lost his balance. “WHOAA!”
BRAKK! Both of you smoothly fell on the floor. Ouch. You rolled aside and your ankle painfully. Baekhyun rose up and rubbed his back skull. It fell flat on the floor. You shot him a deadly stare and grabbed his shirt. “YOU-“. Wha! He startled and his palm slipped, caused him to fall another round. This time, with your head hit on his chest.
“Arrrgh!” He cried in pain. You pulled up at once, and looked at him frightened.
“Are you okay Baekhyun?!” You cupped his face and gave his back skull a soft massage.  Being so close with you, He grinned sheepishly and said, “Not there. But here” He patted his chest, showing you. Again, Your face blushed. You punched his chest and shoved him down. “But it’s true!” He groaned painfully but this time you completely ignored him and went downstairs.

Kris stretched out his hand and put down his reading glasses. The study materials for the piano class, scattered all over the table. He pushed back his chair and stood up. He walked over the bed and opened the balcony. He stepped down and rested his arms on the railing. It’s getting colder. I wonder where she went.
He glanced over your pitch dark room and sighed dismally.
Not so long after, he went downstairs to grab some drinks. He scanned inside his fridge and dropped his head sighing. Damn. Nothing inside, I need to fill it up. He yanked his jacket on the hanger and disappeared through the door.

“Wear this” Baekhyun helped you to put on the knitted gloves. You gave him a small grateful smile and held out your hand. He smiled back and took it eagerly.
Hand to hand, both of you walked in silent. Occasionally your arms came into contact. You would shove him aside and he did the same thing. Later on it became a silly game as both of you started to shove each other. You laughed hard along the way home.
“Ah, can we go to the convenience store beforehand?” He pointed at the shop just few blocks from your complex. You smiling nodded and turned to walk down the path.
“I won’t be long. Just wait here” He released your hand and went inside.
Rubbing your palm, You looked over the starless sky and blew out a cold breathe. It’s winter and Christmas is coming soon! So many things up near the end of year. On top of all, I’ll be able to celebrate Kris Oppa’s birthday this year. We literally missed 4 years celebrations, I need to make a good surprise party.
You chuckled at the thought.
“~~?” A familiar voice called you. You swiftly turned your head and your lips formed a smile. “Oppa!”
Kris stood not far from the convenience store, since he just finished shopping at the groceries stores nearby. You trotted approaching him. “What are you buying?” You touched the plastic bags he held on. “Just some veggies and snacks” He hid one of the bag with bottles of soju behind.
“They open this late?”
“Yeah, fortunately. But they are closing soon. By the way, what are you doing wandering here alone? It’s already nine past ten” He frowned worriedly.
“I’m not alone-“
“~~!” You shifted your gaze and found Baekhyun jogged towards you. His face showed a worried one. “Ya! I asked you to wait there, why you always wandered somewhere else?!”
“Mianhae, I met-Akh!” Kris pulled your arm and shifted you aside. He took a clear look at Baekhyun. He is the guy that I met on the school last time.
“Why you stayed out late and moreover-with a guy” Kris questioned but he fixed his eyes on Baekhyun’s. Baekhyun fearlessly stared back.
Bewildered, You glanced at Kris and then Baekhyun. “I-“ “She went on a date with me. Wae?” Baekhyun cut in. “Let’s go back” He grabbed your wrist and pulled you forward.
Kris’s face stiffened as he felt his stomach slightly twirled in jealous. He bent over and held back your other arm forcefully, cause you to spun back to his side. You gasped and stared at them worriedly. What’s wrong with them, AGAIN? I am not a tugged war here!
“Oppa” You struggled tried to release yourself from his grip. Without any will lto et you did so, He tighten it and said to Baekhyun, more like order. “I will send her home. You could leave now”
Baekhyun rolled eyes, “What’s your problem! I’m the one who asked her out today and I WILL SEND HER HOME BY MYSELF!” he barked and shot him a hateful stare.
Okay, I can’t stand this anymore!
“Oppa, LET ME GO” You ordered him as you gave him an intense look. He stared back at you long, before sighing and released his grip. You approached Baekhyun and smiled weakly at him. Kris almost drew himself forward to catch you again, but he skidded stopped.
“Baekhyun ah, mian, I think I better go back with him. It’s close anyway” He opened his mouth to protest but you cut in, “I don’t have idea why he acted this way towards you . But He’s like big brother to me and I don’t want to make him upset in any way. Please” You pouted cutely tried to win his heart. He a deep breathe and blew it out in annoyance. “Okay, got it. I’ll see you on Monday”. He saluted and walked further. He turned back lastly eyeing Kris. Kris sneered back at him. I knew she will choose me. He childishly thought inside.
You shut eyes and heavily sighed, "Let's move" You stomped forward leaving him behind.