chapter 14

Live like Karate, Love like Piano

“Eung-eung” Hmm? What was that? You thought as you tighten your grip to the pillow. It’s been a while since the sounds came out of nowhere.
“Eung-eung” You blew nose in annoyance, and gradually opened your eyes. You stayed silent, tried to listen carefully.
“Uh-eung-eung-eomma” You widened your eyes. What the hell was that??
You felt a cold shiver through your body. Scared, you tossed back yourself inside the blanket. You grabbed the pillow and buried your head below it. Oh , I never know your house was haunted Baekhyun!
Now the sobbed sound was getting clearer. It was a male voice.
Wait! It sounds so much like Baekhyun. You gathered the courage and headed to his room, still hugging the pillow tightly. You perked your ear on the door and convinced yourself  it was him.
You opened the door quietly and move stealthily. You crouched beside his bed and stared at his face. He somehow looked troubled by a bad dream. He kept whining and cold sweat running on his face.
Baekhyun what’s wrong? You worriedly looked at him. You his hair softly.
“Eomma..Khajima…”
“Shhh… Eomma is here. I will not go anywhere. So sleep well okay” You held tight his hand and he squeezed it back. Poor boy. Don’t worry I will always by your side You whispered inside. He struggled a bit to find a nice position and then finally found back peace.

“Urrrgh” you stretched yourself and searched for the clock. It was 5 am in the morning. You glanced at Baekhyun. He still far from awoke. You barely closed your eyes last night, because he didn’t want to let go of your hand. Left with no choice, you slept sitting on floor with your head rested on his bed.
You went downstairs to prepare some breakfast. By 6 am you were ready to go home. You wrote a note and put it on the table next to the food.
Breakfast~ don’t forget the take the medicine! See you later at school!

At home, you rushed upstairs to your room and quickly packed the books for today lesson. You stared at the bed sadly. Just 5 minutes? Slowly, you approached the bed and crawled on it.
“~~!! What are you up to. You are late!” You fell off dramatically because of your Mom shouting. I WILL SLEEP 12 HOURS TONIGHT! BARE WITH ME BEDDIE!
You stormed out of the front door after saying goodbye. You bugged out seeing those two persons already waiting for you.
“What are you guys doing here?” You blinked at them dumfounded. Suho just scratched his head and smiled awkwardly. While Baekhyun crossed hand, leaned on the railings put on his cool pose.
“We’re escorting you princess” Baekhyun said sarcastically. He was really pissed to found Suho in front of your house when he came to do the same thing.
You little kid! You haven’t said thanks to met yet dare to mock me? You shot him a don’t-you-dare to-nerve-me look. He quickly looked away.
Later, you and Suho led the walk, happily chatting. Baekhyun pouted jealously. He ruffled his own hair, made it into a mess. Why you always late one step from him!!

You and Suho separated, left for each other class. Baekhyun fled back to his spot, your right side. Big smile formed on his lips. What a weird one. You thought
Both of you stepped inside the class at the same time. The class turned silent. Had a weird feeling, you looked up. Taken aback by all of the students’ stares.
“Yo, what’s up? Is there something wrong?” Baekhyun beamed as he scanned through the class. He lifted up his hands and put it on your shoulders.
Right at that time, the whole class echoed cheerfully, “WOHOO! OUR QUEEN AND KING DRAMA RECONCILED!!”
You slapped palm to your face. Great now we’re famous. You shook head.
Before the lesson started, he threw you a crumpled paper, and curiously you opened and read the note: Thanks a lot for the food. It was awesome!
Well, at least we get over the previous matter now. You smiled.

Next week there will be a two days school festival. It was one of the most prestigious event by SM High and held every year in early autumn. It was a music, dance and art festival. It had a competition thing as well, but mostly to allow students showed their talents and for entertainment purpose before the mid exam.

You were sitting on the canteen with a frowned face. There were 2 forms on the table, one for Karate skill and the other for piano. You glared at the forms while tried to figure out which one to participate in.
“The forms will get burn, if you stared them like that” You looked up, it was Suho.
You got excited seeing him as you needed an advice so badly. He sat next to you and glanced at the forms. “So which one?” You beamed.
“Haha, you should choose by yourself” he laughed. I thought he’s going to say Karate straight away. You frowned not satisfied with the answer.
He took the forms, “Let me see. I think piano will suit you better” He put on his angel smile. “Why? That’s unexpected”
“I have been dreaming to see you perform on stage. I want to experience a different side of you” he winked
You just laughed awkwardly at his cheesy answer, shifted your gaze to random sides. There it goes the blush!

Baekhyun darted to your table as soon as he saw one figure. He flopped down the cans on the table, scared both of you. He didn’t miss the chance to glare at Suho for seconds.