Decision Pt.1

Live like Karate, Love like Piano

It had been one month since then. And all students in Korea had finished their final exams. They were granted their long awaited winter holiday for two months including Christmas and New Year.
This year, your family decided to visit your Dad at Japan since there would be party to celebrate the fifth anniversary of the company.
“I will be away for the whole holiday” You told Baekhyun while the two of you were on the way back home from school.
He pouted and frowned, “well it can’t be help. But seriously, we can’t even spend Christmas together?”
“Together? Just two of us?”
“Of course! Why? You don’t like the idea?” he crossed arms.
You chuckled, “I don’t mean that way you silly! I will try to discuss with my Mom. I bet she prefers to stay at home than following my Dad around to meet clients”
He smiled satisfied and put his arms around your shoulders, pulled you closer.
He’s warm. You thought as you snuggled up to him.
                                                                                         ***

Three weeks after, Baekhyun and the other trainees consisted of Kai, Luhan, Sehun, D.O, Chen, and Chanyeol were invited to the SM Entertainment building. One of the staff immediately showed them the direction to the meeting room where CEO Lee Soo Man was.
All of them surprised to see their teachers were already there, chatting with Lee SM. “Anyyonghaseyo” they politely bowed 90 degrees.
“Ye, Please take a sit, just make yourself at home. Ah, Miss.Park could you please bring some drinks for my guests?” The staff nodded yes and bowed before went out of the room. Felt intimidated by his position, they sat altogether on the double sofa, tightly squeezed themselves to fit in between. They grinned uncomfortably.
“Haha, kids and their shyness” he laughed heartily. “As I said before, please make yourself feel comfortable”. Chanyeol gave up and choose to stand instead. He smiled warmly at them. “My apology letting you guys waited for a month, life is so much busy” he let out a short laugh, “now, I believe your teachers must have explained the main point of today’s meeting. So far, according to them, you are the best out of the best students in the vocal and dancing class. I have seen the video of this year festival, and I couldn’t agree more. For that reason, SM Entertainment happily welcoming you guys as our official trainees”. He slowly clapped his hands, still smiling. They shared looks with each other and the teachers, before finally followed him clapping hands. The situation was quite awkward, but deep down inside they felt like bursting out in happiness.
The staff arranged the juices on the tables and grabbed some files on his table per his request.  “Those are the terms and conditions of the contract. Feel free to take it home and please read carefully before signing it. And also, is there any of you guys had girlfriend?”
Startled, Baekhyun and Kai looked upwards almost that second. Lee SM just nodded, clearly understood that reaction of them. “That’s very nice, isn’t it? Everyone has to enjoy their youth” He smiled with an unreadable expression.
“Okay, that’s pretty much it” He stood up from his chair and walked towards the door. The others quickly did the same and tagged along. Every staffs bowed as he passed their work stations. He stopped in front of the lift and said lastly, “Don’t be too pressured by the contract, instead think about it carefully, discuss with family and friends. However, I must say this probably your only chance to make your dreams come true”.
“Yes, we’ll get back to you as soon as possible. Annyonghikyeseyo” All of them bowed politely and stepped inside the lift.
Lee SM stayed still, staring at the gradually closed lift. I could see their determination and potential, and I believe they will be the next Kpop phenomenon.

You stared at the ceilings, stretched your strained neck.
“Please don’t move Miss” the hair stylist warned for the umpteenth times, quite annoyed as you kept moving.
“Sorry” You looked down, embarrassed. Seriously how long I should stay like this?
Your Mom patted your hand and gave you assuring smile. “Almost done”
Few hours later you were ready with the off-shoulder white short gown and red heels plus the new wavy hair. Your mom looked at you in the mirror, “Aigo…My daughter has grown up so much!” and smile satisfied.
“Well, I’m happy you said that Mum. But where are we going tonight? Why I have to put so much effort on my appearance?” I frowned. You just felt like going back to Korea already since two weeks left for the winter holiday. I miss Baekhyun.
“You’ll see” she smiled mysteriously.
Your car stopped right at one of the fine dining restaurant at Odaiba district. Holding hands, your Mum and you heading inside one of the VIP room following your Dad who looked nervous. As soon as he slid the door, Kris greeted with a bright smile.

“Uncle! It’s been a while!” he stood up and shook your Dad’s hand. “Hi Auntie! You look beautiful tonight, and-“ he froze upon seeing you, and the same went for you. Moreover, you realized that Kris’s Mom and Dad also present there. You spontaneously bowed to them and smiled.
“Hey…You look stunning” Kris approached you and whispered before held your hand leading you to your sit.
The situation started to make you worry and uncomfortable. Even though you used to play a lot at Kris’ house back then, you rarely had seen his parents as they were always busy with their business. I feel like I’m on a matchmaking dinner, you gulped.