chapter 13

Live like Karate, Love like Piano

 

It was almost 9 pm, when Baekhyun woke up from his long sleep. He stretched his arms and yawned. He felt much better, even though he still felt little bit dizzy. He glanced around. This is my room. But how i…? His mind flashed back to the last scene when you knocked him down. Could it be? His heart stopped when he heard sounds of footsteps and the door slowly opened. He threw himself back to bed, pretended to sleep.
You came inside with a bowl of hot porridge and warm water. You rolled your eyes seeing his childish act. You had stood in front of his room ever since he yawned.
“Get up and eat first then you could continue your sleep. No need to pretend” you put the tray on the small drawer beside the bed.
He didn’t move. You sighed heavily, and shook head.
“Okay, got it. I’m sorry if I made you uncomfortable. I will leave after I clean all the dishes. I will be downstairs, so please eat the food and the medicine after” You were about to leave when he grabbed your finger. He slowly turned his head and faced you. “I don’t mean that”, He said in red face, “I’m sorry for troubling you”.  You felt warmth spreading through your body. You were glad that he talked to you now, and smiled softly at him.
Aniya, Baekhyun ah. I never once felt troubled. You scared me badly when I knew you were sick.
“Now, eat the porridge while it still hot. You haven’t had anything since this afternoon, right? I’ll be downstairs, call me if you need something”
He squeezed your finger. “What?”
“No, wait. Err… would you mind to-“ he felt hesitant yet shy to say it. “to… feed m-me?” You jaw dropped. “I-I mean, my mom always did that when I was sick..so-and moreover I’m a sick person, how could you let me eat by myself? What if I spill out everything?” he nagged, his face got redder and redder.
You chuckled as you witnessed his cute side. You dropped yourself to his bed and smirked at him. “Okay kiddo. I’ll be your one day Mom”. He tried to hide his smile that he ended up biting his lips.


You spooned him the remain porridge and he ate it obediently. He couldn’t stop himself from blushing every time you said, “Ahh” asked him to open his mouth. You reminded him of his mom and he missed her so badly.

“So, Kai and Chanyeol came earlier?” He wiped his mouth after took the medicine. You nodded, “I’m not a super woman. How could I possibly bring you upstairs? Babo” You took the tray and pulled yourself from the bed, ready to go downstairs. He held your wrist, “You are-not going home?”
You searched for the clock, it showed 9.30 pm. “you are right, I guess It’s quite late now. Thanks for reminding me. I’ll be ready, just give me time to wash these first”
He didn’t let go of your hand. You frowned. What’s wrong with him?
“I-I mean could you stay?” he looked down his blanket, embarrassed.
You bugged out. Your heart started to thump fast as you heard his request. Stay? OVERNIGHT? But I’m only 16, how could I stay in a guy’s house?!
“M-my mom, she-she won’t allow it. I-I’m so sorry” you stuttered.
he paused for seconds. “yeah, you got a point. Sorry, just pretend I never ask you” He sighed loudly, and that made you irritated as he seemed to do it on purpose. He flopped down on the bed. “Poor me, what if my fever’s back and I couldn’t get off of my bed. What if I fall on the floor when I tried to grab for the medicine, and I fainted and-“
You continuously twitched your eyebrow, hearing every single of his nags. “Okay, stop it! Don’t forget who had been ignoring me for the past week!”
That shot him right on his face.
You stormed out of the room, went downstairs. You walked back and forth, and finally you took out your phone. I must be crazy! .You shut your eyes and dialed your home number.

It’s quiet. She went back already? Without saying anything? He rose from bed and climbed down. He held out his hand to reach for the knob, when you pushed the door from the other side. Surprise, he slipped down and fell right on his .
Flabbergasted, you asked “Where are you going? Stay in bed”
“I thought you left already” He his in pain. He held out his hand and you pulled him up.
“You’re weird, just now you asked me to stay. Now you expect me to leave?” You stuck out your tongue. “Now tell me where should I sleep?”
He blinked several times. “You will-stay?”
You nodded as you gazed away from his stare. You could felt slight blush on your face. “Okay, here” He ran to his bed and tapped the space beside him. He grinned naughtily. “I better leave” you turned to the door.
He laughed and flew to your side, led you to the next room.

He yawned couple of times, signed you that he was sleepy enough. You stood in front of the door, and before you closed it, you curiously asked him something that had bugged you. “Baekhyun ah, where’s your dad?
“Mm? He went to Canada for business trip. It’s been a month already. Wae?” he snuggled himself to the pillow.
Canada. That’s where Kris was.  That name brought out memories for you. “Ani. Good night” He must be so lonely. You gazed his back softly.