failed confession

Live like Karate, Love like Piano

“Oemma!!!!”  you thundered as soon as you stepped inside the house. You dragged him inside and seated him on the couch. Your Mom‘s head popped up from the kitchen, she just shook her head slowly and smiled.
“Oemma! Listen, do you know who i just met outside? You wouldn’t believe me!”
“Mm?” She pretended not interested and continued arranging the foods on the table.
“Oemma, are you listening?”
She walked pass you with a bowl on her hands, headed to living room where Kris was. She beamed, “Kris, the dinner is ready. Let’s eat together, you must be hungry”. He bowed politely and followed her, while occasionally chuckled. You stood there dumfounded.
“Wait, wait, wait. What’s going on here? Mom! You knew Oppa is here?”
“Well, that’s the reason for calling you” your Mom smiled teasingly and eyed Kris. He grinned at you, “Actually the plan was, I came when you guys have dinner, but yeah you ruined everything. I never know you have a potential to become a thief”
“Ani! I’m just curious, I’m not trying to sneak around. I thought someone moved to Oppa’s house” You pouted cutely and stuck out your tongue.
“Woah” Your eyes widened seeing varieties of foods on the table, it was a scale of feast. You circled around the table in astonishment, and minutes later your stomach grumbled loudly. Kris and your Mom laughed simultaneously, and you, embarrassedly stormed upstairs to change your clothes.

At the same time, Baekhyun reached your place after running straight from school. He called your phone, but unfortunately you weren’t available to pick it up. He waited outside anxiously; he was hesitating whether to press the bell or waiting for you to call back. After a while, he braced up himself. Just do it Baekhyun! Aza aza fighting!
He then stepped closer to the door and held out his hand, ready to press the bell.
“I’m coming! Oppa! Are you still there?” Your voice vaguely heard from inside.
Huh? He perked his ear and plastered it on the door. A-Appa?? His Dad returned from Japan? His face showed a great shock. Damn! I never met his Dad before. Could he be a scary person? He bit his lips. I better leave for now. Not a good timing for confessing.
His confidence and daring decreased to zero level, and he left deflating his shoulders.

“Silly girl, where could I go?” Kris lifted his head eyeing you as you went downstairs. You smiled showing your teeth. Yes, I’m silly enough to think that it might just be a dream.
Kris showed his gentleman side by dragging out the chair for you and your Mom.
You sat nicely and gulped hard ready with the chopstick on your hand. “Thanks for the food!” you beamed. Being hungry to the max, you kept munching without paying attention to the two eyes that fixed on you.  Kris couldn’t stop smiling seeing you in every expression. How I always miss for this moment. I’m glad she doesn’t change at all. Even the way she eats.
You stopped and glanced at him as he started to chuckle. “Oppa, don’t look at me. Eat the food, or else I’ll finish them all”
Your Mom shook head and said suavely . “You better eat slowly ~~. The food won’t go anywhere. And Kris, don’t be shy, I cooked all your favorite foods today”.
“And they were my favorite as well! Thanks to our similar taste” And all of you laughed at your silly comment. That night, dinner felt like the warmest moment for the past years. Normally there were only you and your Mom, since your Dad left for Japan to open a business.

You decided to take a short tour at his place. You glanced around and smiled as it still looked exactly the same as 4 years ago. Just some furniture was discarded since they turned moldy and old.
“That’s-“ You walked towards the white piano. It was dusty but still looked sophisticated. You smiled as you recalled back the memories. After a while, you went upstairs to his room.
“Can I come in?” You peeked inside. He was sitting on his bed folding some of his clothes. He looked up and smiled. “Ne”
You placed yourself next to him and studied his figure. Actually he changed a lot. I’m surprised myself that I could recognized him straightaway.  He’s way too handsome, not to mention he was taller than me now. He’s just a little boy back then. His jaw line was sharper, his gaze-if he looked like an angry bird before, now those eyes-
Your eyes widened in surprise as his head shifted aside and he gazed right into them. You swallowed hard.
Those eyes could melt any women’s heart…
He landed his hand on your shoulder and pulled you closer. He lightly hugged you, and you in return slipped your hand through his back.
“Oppa, tell me you won’t leave anymore, will you?”
He pulled back and gently your hair, “four years are enough for me suffering. From now on, I won’t go anywhere. My place is here, right by your side”. He cupped your face and kissed your forehead. As he did that, warm feeling spread through your body caused you to blush. You quickly looked away in embarrassment.
“Wae?” You shook head and cleared your throat. It feels so awkward to do that now, after we both grown up.
“I better go back now. It’s getting late”. He grabbed your hand as you stood up, “You could sleep here if you want. We used to sleep together before, remember?”
You frowned, clearly shocked from his blunt request. You turned facing him, if before that face showed an innocent Kris, now all you could see was mature-handsome-hot Kris. No way I could sleep in peaceful. Again, you shook head bashfully. “Mianhae Oppa, but I-I got a homework dues tomorrow”.
***

You threw yourself to your cozy bed and sighed heavily. You pinched your check. It hurts. It’s not a dream after all. You giggled happy and snuggled yourself inside the blanket. You took a peek to the trophy from the previous piano competition, that now stood proudly on top of the shelf.
Ah, I need to tell him about this tomorrow. By the way, where’s my phone?
You abruptly raised form your bed and searched your bag. There you are. Glekh! Six miscalls? Bugged out, you pressed ‘call back’ but it went through Baekhyun’s mailbox.  You blew in disappointment and soon after went for a quick shower before sleep.