Your true feeling

Live like Karate, Love like Piano

Kai stepped out of the walk path and waved calling for a taxi. The other teacher ordered Kai, Chanyeol and D.O to send him home, while Luhan and Sehun accompanied Se Hyun to her place. She pouted sadly, “I want to go there as well”.
You watched in silent as Chanyeol carried him inside the car. Your brain tried hard to figure out what just happened.
“I’m sorry, it’s my entire fault. But please don’t let this matter reaches school, or else I’ll be suspended or the worst case I could be fired” someone said and you snapped out of your confusion. It was the teacher that they pointed earlier. Guilt written all over his face.
“Ani, songsaengnim. I totally understand” You bowed back to him. Se Hyun turned her head and shouted, caused both of you to jump startled.
“~~ ! T-the bus! It’s coming!” Your heart started to race as the bus drove pass you and stopped. I-I have to go. Yet, your feet seemed to attach on the ground. You looked back and forth between the bus and the taxi. Hesitation took over you.
“Ya, what are you waiting for! Go! We will take care of him!” She wildly nodded assuring you everything will be fine.
You took last deep breathe and ran for the bus. Thankfully, you made in time. You scanned your purse and flopped yourself on the front seat. Your eyes stared blank at the view outside, as your brain muddled in flashbacks. All you could see were Baekhyun’s face, expressions, smiles, and even his voice echoed on your head. Why am I like this? Am I missing something? You tautly closed your eyes.
 Don’t think too much. Save it for later, someone is waiting for you! You assured yourself. Somehow it worked and you started to feel a bit relax. But that didn’t last long, as his voice casted back the spell.

Don’t go… Please stay by my side

What does he mean by saying those words? He said good luck, yet he ran after me and asked me to stay. Moreover, he was drunk! DRUNK! How idiot was that? I need to know his reason, not later not tomorrow, I HAVE TO.NOW.

“You stupid tasteless bacon, I hate you!” You cursed under your breathe. “ Ahjussi! Please stop down there!”
You jumped as soon as the door slid open. You pulled out your phone from the bag and dialed Suho’s number. “Yoboseyo, Suho ssi? It’s me” You paused for seconds and took a deep breathe, “I-I think I can’t make it. Err, I’m sorry…” You said feverishly. The cold temperature breezed through your spine, made you felt even guiltier. I’m the worst.

Suho ended the call. He was too coward to ask for the reason, that he ended up replying with one word, "It's okay". He flopped back on the stair-case in despair. He gazed upwards at the starless night and smiled painfully. “It’s over”
Karma for being such wicked person! He cursed inside. But it’s funny how I felt so relief. Good bye false hope!
After a while, He slowly raised himself and walked inside the concert hall. I guess enjoying it by myself, is not bad either.

***

“Kai ssi! Chanyeol ssi!” You called as soon as you saw them in front of Baekhyun’s house. They rounded their eyes in surprise. “Why are you here??”
You bent yourself and panted hard. Out of all possible way to get here, you choose to run. You are just as stupid. You shook your head in disbelief.
“How’s he? and by the way, where's D.O?" 
“He’s asleep and D.O left with the taxi, he said he got a headache” 
What a random thing. And you babo, of course he will be sleeping! You hit your head realizing your stupid act. Kai studied your face curiously. “I thought you had appointment ~~ssi?”
You smirked and rubbed your back neck. “Well, that’s-something up, and it got cancelled” They just nodded and didn’t bother to ask further.
“ah, by the way, your father in law was inside. He was such a nice person! My dad will beat me to death if he caught me drunk” Kai added and they laughed.
Uncle backed? Huh, wait. Did they just say father in law?
They were about to leave when you turned back and shot “Don’t talk nonsense!”
Giggled, they waved and walked away.

“Uncle you are back!!” You beamed as soon as he opened the door. He widely smiled and hugged you. “Aigoo, it’s been a while, isn’t it?” You held back and studied his face. He looked much older and more wrinkles appeared on his forehead. He must be tired, flied back and forth overseas.
“Oh, you came to see Baekhyun? He was fast asleep. He accidentally-“ He paused and thought whether to spill out the truth or not.
You smiled, “I knew already uncle. He is as ignorance as always” You made a cute disappointed face.
“Haha, you are right. But thankfully he got bunch of good friends like you guys, so I’m able to feel relief. I always feel bad whenever I left him. Maybe I’m just not good enough as a father.” He sighed and offered you to sit. You bowed politely and sat down.
“Animmida, Uncle please don’t think that way. You know Baekhyun treasured you the most”
He smiled warmheartedly, “You are such a nice girl ~~” He brought over a juice and sat next to you. “When he first confessed that he wanted to be a singer, I was so shocked. And to be honest, I was against the idea. I knew exactly live as an idol was very hard, my friend’s daughter she experienced the same thing. I will never allow him to torture himself”
You dropped your gaze to the juice and sipped it slowly while you listened to every bits. “ But when I saw him worked so hard to achieve his dreams, I couldn’t help but felt ashamed of myself. How could I oppose my son’s happiness? “ He let out a small laughed. “Now, I’m glad that he could show his potential as a singer. I guess I will support him secretly” He said proudly with sparkling eyes.
“He must be so lucky. Talking about first true fans” You teased. Just like that, both of you continued to chat until you returned home later that night.

You stared blank at the ceilings. You put your palm over your face, and thought all over again. How should I face Suho after this? To be honest, I felt the loads in my heart were gone after saying sorry. I should have known, I never felt the same way towards him. Arrgh! I’m the worst. Are you that desperate to get a boyfriend ~~??Ah, that ticket also at fault.
You rolled aside, took the pillow and pushed it tautly over your head. And Baekhyun, you better explained everything and be responsible. You pressed lightly your chest. Cause I think I’ve fallen for you.
***


Next morning, it was Sunday, your time to lazy around. You stretched your arms and yawned widely as you barely slept last night. You eyed the clock, it was 11 past 10 minutes. Shot! Way too late.
You climbed down and went to kitchen straight away, looking for something to fill up your grumbled stomach. You noticed a paper on the table and read it. A brief notes from your mom.
Mom went somewhere to meet a friend. I have prepared the breakfast. Eat a lot!

You stared at the complete dishes on the table. Mom is jjang!  As you nibbled some of the food, your mind flew back to Baekhyun. I wonder what he had for breakfast. I better stop over.
You set aside some of the dishes and took some more from the fridge. You packed them nicely and looked at it satisfied. Swiftly, you rushed upstairs and prepared yourself.

Your Mom just arrived at one of the famous Korean traditional restaurant and she was invited to one of the private room. The waitress slid the door opened, let her in and shut it back. Upon seeing her, the guy who sat inside smiled broadly. He stood up straightaway and bowed. “Annyonghaseyo. How have you been auntie?” His face softened and your Mom held out her hand to hug him.
“Aigoo… My son, how long has it been?” He hugged her tightly for minute before offered her a seat. You Mom couldn’t stop staring at his face. “I can’t believe it, if you walked on the street, I probably won’t recognize you. Look how handsome you are now. You have grown up to be such a fine man” She proudly said and softly squeezed his hand.
“Auntie, you are exaggerating. I’m still the same” he laughed sheepishly. “Well, my appearance might changed a bit, but inside still the old me”
“Haha, I know, I know. So how’s your first show? I was so surprise when your Mom called and told me about your concert. I wish I knew earlier, so I could watch you there”
“I apologize Auntie. Because of the tight flight schedule, I failed to contact you the day before”
“That’s fine. Be able to see you like this after 4 years long, it’s just wonderful. Your parents must be so proud, you are still young but already hold the professional pianist title. You turned 18 this year, right?”
“Auntie, you praised me too much! I’m afraid I can’t get out of this room without getting bump as my head will be as big as this” He spread his arms broadly in the air. Your Mom laughed heartily.  
“So, tomorrow you’ll be back to Canada?”
“Yes, unfortunately I still need to take care of lot of stuffs before I move back to Korea. Probably I’ll be done and back here in 3 months from now. That’s what I’m planning, could be later or sooner” Your Mom nodded.
The previous waitress knocked and came inside bringing all sorts of food that he ordered. Your Mom got surprise seeing so many things on the table. Oh my, how could we eat all of these? She glanced at him awkwardly and he replied with a sincere smiled. Well, I guess I shouldn’t let down his good intention