Good news

Live like Karate, Love like Piano

 

He quietly tailed along and soon caught up with you. He adjusted his speed in order to walk side by side. He cleared throat and slipped his fingers through yours.
“Oppa, how could you treat my friend that way? I’m so disappointed”, you said without turning head, stared blankly at the road.
“I’m sorry. But I just-don’t like him” He bluntly admitted it. Actually I don’t like every guy that closes to you in any way.
Why? You felt the urge to ask him but he kept going.“You really were dating him?” He gulped and held his breathe. Please tell me you don’t. He prayed inside.
You stayed silent. He pulled your hand and you in spontaneity turned head to face him. “Yes, we went on a date today” His face fell. Before he could response something, you continued, “But we are not in a relationship” Not yet. You assured yourself. Even though we kissed already. You bit lips blushingly.
His face brightened. After that, both of you continued walk in silent.
“Next time inform me if you are going back late, I will pick you up”
You sighed and stopped right in front of your house. “Oppa, I’m not a kid anymore. I could take care of myself. You forgot? I won Karate championship”
“I acknowledged that, but still you are a girl. Moreover, this road tends to get quiet at night. What if a stranger following you?”
“Baekhyun was with me just now. He’s a guy, so shouldn’t be a problem” You debated and gave him a look. He rolled eyes and looked elsewhere.
“That could be more dangerous” He mumbled unclear. Slowly, you untied his fingers and pushed the railings.
“You sound like my Dad” You stuck out your tongue. “Go, and enjoy your DRINKS” Your eyes shifted to his bag and gave him a teasing face.
Taken aback, he hopelessly hid it with an innocent face. You chuckled. Whatever the reason is, I could never get angry with him. He’s my precious Oppa after all.
“Oppa” You took his hands, “I’m happy that you take the best care of me. Baekhyun...he-for the last 4 years when you were away, he was my only best friend. He filled the emptiness here” You patted your chest, “That’s why I hope you could get along with him. He’s a very nice and funny person, I could guarantee it! You just have to know him better” You warmheartedly smiled.
His hand slowly moved upwards and he caressed your cheek. He simpered and said, “Go inside. It’s getting colder. I’ll see you tomorrow”. He dropped his hand and moved aside heading for his place.
“You haven’t answered me”
He waved while giving you a small nod. You smiled at it satisfied before turned and darted inside your house.
He took out his key, inserted it to the key-hole. He paused and furrowed his eyebrows, thinking. I will try. But obviously, I won’t give you up on him.
***

Kai checked the class sign. 1-B! Should be this class. He craned neck, scanned from first row seats to last. “There you are”
“Baekhyun!” He shouted. Baekhyun stopped chatting and turned back at once. You lifted your head and met eyes with Kai. “Ah Kai gun! What’s up?”
“Give me a second” He stood up and trotted to the door. They were discussing something for quite a while. You propped up your chin and studied their face. Baekhyun’s expression was mixed of surprise and happy. So did Kai’s. Someone brings on good news! You patiently waited for them to end the session. Soon after, Baekhyun walked back to his seat. He nervously smiled.
“Wae? What did he say?”
Kai words popped up on his head. Don’t tell anyone just yet. Or else it’s going to bring us big trouble.
He startled to found you blinked at him with curious stare. Including her? What am I suppose to do? Scratched his head, he warily replied, “Geunyang, it’s nothing important, regarding the change of practice schedule for today”
You narrowed eyes, “That simple stuff? He actually came to inform you? You are the worst liar ever” You shook head.
See? She knows me from head to toe. He sighed, “Sorry, but I’m not allowed to tell anyone”
You chuckled, “Don’t worry. I totally got it. I’m not that narrow minded!”
Relieved, he gave you a small grateful smile. “Good news?” He wildly nodded.
Even too goof to be true. A boast of delightful feeling filled him up.

That afternoon will be your first piano class with Kris. As you and Se Hyun on your way to the room, you could spot a different atmosphere. At the room's front hall, around twenty female students were busily chatting while giggling once in a while. To add up, the number of the members increased significantly since the news of a young-handsome-professional-pianist became the teacher spread through entire school. As a result, the class now had to be divided into three. You shook head in annoyance.”Excuse us please” They made a way, one of the girl pointed at you and said to her group. “Hey, She is the one that I’m talking about! She pulled him away and made quite a scene”. One by one, the other girls gave you a sneer look. You quickly grabbed Se Hyun’s hand and went inside. Two of you sat at the middle row, and you blew in relief. The power of gossip! Hopefully they didn’t plan to disturb me in any way.
“I thought you are so lucky to have such a prefect guy as Oppa. But now, I have to take it back. You are going to have a difficult time ~~”
“I know. Fangirls nowadays are scary”
Unfortunately, the guys who surrounded you are the flower boys. One angelic karate boy, one idol-to be, and the other one God-like pianist. Se Hyun funnily thought.
Suddenly, the visitors outside screamed. You jumped on your seat and straightaway glanced at the door.

Kris steadily walked inside. He looked simply gorgeous with a dark blue blazer and plain white shirt inside. He put the files on the table and stood straight facing the students. “Annyonghaseyo, my name is Kris and I will be the temporary teacher replacing Mrs.Lee. Nice to meet you all". He slightly bow and smiled.
If visible, you believed every girl’s eyes in the class formed into a heart shape.
Kris glanced around and when he spotted you, he beamed another breathtaking smile. You nervously smiled back and hurriedly dropped you gaze to the book.
Damn, this is frustrating. He’s my Oppa, yet I have to act as if he’s a stranger. Please understand it Oppa!
He gulped bitterly. I did all these in order to get closer with her. But It ended up harder than before. “Okay, now please open page number 125”

One and half hour later, Kris successfully finished his first class. It is more tiring than I expected. He blew heavily and started to collect all his stuffs. I need help to bring these new files to the office.
“Do you need help, teacher?”
he looked up and frowned. The offer came from one pretty girl with short shouldered hair. Her round eyes twinkled as she smiled broadly.  Oh Gosh, here it goes the attack.
You and Se Hyun passed his table on the way out of the class. You bow and gave him a small polite smile. His eyes widened, “~~ssi!”
“YES!”You spontaneously answered and skidded stopped. You turned to his side with a questioning look.
“Help me with these files” he cleared throat and said to the girl. “They are heavy, I don’t want to troubled you. She looks stronger than you anyway. Hopefully you don’t mind” He stared intensely at her. The poor girl’s heart fluttered, and she wildly shook head. He’s a truly gentleman.
You slapped palm to your face. He’s truly a PRO.

“Give me those, and you hold these” He swapped the heavy files with his bags and books. You titled your head and took a clear look at his face. “Waeyo? Something on my face?”
You nodded. He looked surprise and stopped. “Then please took it off”
“Yeah, there is a big stamp of PLAYER on your forehead” You giggled and eyed him teasingly. He rolled eyes, and continued walk. “Like i told you before. You don’t have to worry about me”. I’m worried more on you. What if they tried to trouble you on purpose?
“I wonder how many girls have you dated before? Would you kindly spill it out teacher? I’m so curious”
He pushed down the handle and the teacher’s room opened. He dropped the files on table and grabbed his coat. I doubt she will believe me if I said I never dated any girls.
“three? Five? or TEN?” Your eyes and mouth rounded as you guessed. He smirked, “Don’t put too much effort in guessing it. They are uncountable”
You gasped in disbelief. Seriously?
Hmph! She actually believed it. Do I really look like a playboy? He put on an amusing look. “Let’s go home together”
You glanced around the hall. It was empty since most classes finished already.
Great. Today Baekhyun’s has a group meeting on his vocal class anyway. You gave him an okay sign, and walked leading the way.
“Can’t you walk slower?”
“Just in case. Other students might see us!” You said in low voice. He laughed and sped up his steps. From behind, he caught your wrist and dragged you to the parking lot. “Oppa!”

Meanwhile Baekhyun and the other trainees were having a discussion inside the practice room. The teacher slowly re-informed the good news to all of them. The smile never once left his face.
“WOHOO! Finally!” D.O shouted in happiness. Sehun and Luhan hugging before high-five with each other. Baekhyun widely smiled and shared a nervous look with Kai, Chen and Chanyeol.
“So all of us will be in one group?” Chanyeol eagerly asked. The teacher shook head. “I’m not clear with that one. The thing is you guys are definitely getting the offers to enter the SM Entertainment. BUT, you are still on study right now, so obviously we have to wait until you guys graduate”
“That doesn’t matter, seriously I have been waiting for this like forever!” Kai lifted up his head in joy and shut eyes.
“What we have to do now, teacher?” Baekhyun turned to asked.
“CEO Lee Soo Man, he will be back to Korea within two weeks. And he promised to visit in personal and explained the thing like contract stuffs clearer with you guys”.
“YEAH!” All of them gathered to share a hug.
“But don’t forget. Keep this a secret until everything is confirmed! Araso?”
‘YES SIR!” They synchronously replied and saluted.