Yesterday's aftermath

Love? What is it?

 

Bg Song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q86VOOtVB0Q

>Hyun Mi’s POV<

“It was true..”

.

.

What was true?

That him. EXO M’s maknae, Huang Zi Tao, is beginning to like a girl like me?

Gee, he’s got to be bluffing. I mean, how is that even possible?

His world and mine? They are galaxies apart. That’s why it’s hard to believe what he just told me.

My mind is in deep confusion due to what he said. Why did he have to keep it hanging like that and just say ‘it was true’. Now what am I supposed to think? Argh. It frustrates me!

Thoughts just keep on jumbling through my mind right now. And it’s his entire fault.

~~

I entered the house and tried to act normal as possible. Suho hyung was watching T.V. at the living room and greeted me. I greeted him back without glancing in his way.

It was true..

Ugh. There it is again!

I hit my head involuntarily. Suho shot me a weirded glance then I smiled at him sheepishly. “Ah, ignore me hyung. I’ll just go upstairs to my room.”

I speeded my way upstairs and jumped into my bed, burying my face in the pillows.

“Uhhhhhhhh! What was that??!” I screeched inside my pillow, making my words muffled.

“Why did he have to say something like that?! Just why?!”

I screamed even more at his thought. I’m confused as hell due to his choice of words. And it makes me want to scream my heart out just to erase the memory of him telling me that ‘it’ was true. Because all of this isn’t clear to me right now..

I heard a knock coming from my door. I wasn’t in the mood to talk to anyone, therefore I didn’t answer.

“Hyun Mi-ah? Are you inside? It’s Hye Su unnie.” Hye Su’s voice beamed from my door.

I straightened myself and sat up. I cleared my throat before answering. “Come in, Unnie.”

The door made a screeching sound the moment Hye Su unnie stepped in. She was wearing the pajamas that she always wears whenever we have sleepovers.

“Can I sleep over?” She asked me with a smile. I smiled back at her and replied. “Sure Unnie.”

I patted the space beside my bed. “Here.” I told her. She happily sat beside the space that I provided.

“Suho told me you were acting weird.” She said. I blinked a couple of times before answering her.

“Really?”  She nodded. “Is there anything bothering you Hyun Mi?” She asked me.

I lay in my bed and stared at my blue ceiling. Hye Su unnie then did the same as mine.

“Tell me Hyun Mi, I know there is.” She snickered. I heaved out a deep sigh afterwards.

“I don’t know how to explain it Unnie. Because I myself is confused to what just happened. I’m confused whether what to think..” I told her without looking into her eyes, too embarrassed since we rarely engage into these kinds of talks.

“Think about what?” She asked, sounding so interested.

“That’s the problem… I don’t know. At first it was a joke, and then he said something. Then it went complicated… I don’t even know if he’s serious or not.” I told her.

“So it’s about a ‘he’.”  She muttered. I nodded, full of shame. I took another pillow and covered my face with it. “Gahd Unnie, I can’t believe I’m talking like this with you. It’s so embarrassing!” I chuckled.

“No, it’s okay. We’re like family Hyun Mi. You can tell me everything.” She assured. “But still.. I feel uncomfortable talking about stuffs like this..” I told her.

She flashed me a warm smile. “You know Hyun Mi, the solution to your problem is easy.. Go talk to him tomorrow.” She commented. I heave out a sigh. “Do I have to?”

“Yes, you have. So you could clarify things up.” She suggested. “Well…” I started. “I’ll try.”

Hye Su unnie smiled. “Good. But don’t forget to tell me what happens next okay?” She joked.

“Aish.. Arasseo, arasseo!” We both laughed.

“But Unnie.. what brought you here?” I suddenly brought up. “Me?” She pointed to herself. I nodded.

“ I’ve got no place to go to.” She confessed. “Huh? Why?”

Hye Su scoffed. “As if you don’t know my parents Hyun Mi, all they care about is their business.” She told me.

“Ah, so you fought with them again?” I asked her. “Yeah, sort of.” She answered.

“What happened?”  I asked her once again. Hye Su unnie yawned. “Uhm, can we talk about this tomorrow? I’m tired.” She stated. “Oh. Okay Unnie. Goodnight.” I told her.

 

>>Fast Forward<<

Morning came in a flash. And all I ever wanted was go to school and to clarify things with the panda.

I’m still in the midst of confusion you know.  And I want an answer directly from him.

“Hyung, I’ll be going now!” I told Suho as I ran downstairs.

“Wow, you’re early today.” He commented. “Yeeah.. People change.” I reasoned out then went heading towards the door.

“Wait!” Hye Su unnie called out. I spun around and faced her. “Yes Unnie?”

She handed me the bracelet that she gave me. “Saw this in your nightstand.” She told me then took out my palms. “I told you to wear it right? It’s important.”

I flashed a warm smile at her. “Oh yeah. Sorry about that Unnie.” I scratched my head.

“That will bring you guidance Hyun Mi. So don’t lose it.” She stated. I nodded then bid her farewell.

-

I reached the school extra early. Well, surprise there. Even my classmates are quite shocked at the fact that I wasn’t running late today.

The siblings then approached me for a small chat. But I can’t seem to focus because I was searching for someone.

Where is that ding bat?

Classes have started but still no sign of him anywhere. Now I’m starting to worry for some reason.

Why won’t he show up when I needed to talk to him?! He usually pops out of nowhere, but now..

I have to look for him.

Oh wow, I sound so desperate. Gahd. This is the first time this ever happened to me.

My mind is filled with confusion. And I am looking for answers.

Lunch time and still no sign of him. I’m starting to assume that what he said last night was nothing serious.

Urgh. I’m frustrating myself for no reason. I told myself.

 I rubbed my forehead as I walk along the empty corridors of the school heading towards the school cafeteria.

When all of a sudden, I bumped into someone. “Ah. Mianhaeyo.” I apologized and bowed my head lightly at the stranger.

“Yah.” The familiar voice coed. I looked up and realized that the person I was looking for, was now standing in front of me.

My eyes widened automatically at his sight. And I feel like I’m starting to grow tensed. .

“H-Hi.” I stuttered.

“Hi.” He replied back.

Uhm. What am I supposed to say next? Holy shoot! Am I supposed to ask him directly what he meant yesterday? Eff. Wouldn’t that be too random? Uh. Shisus. What to do?!

I cleared my throat, then opened my mouth to say something but Tao cut me off.

“I was late.” He told me. “I wasn’t able to sleep last night so I woke up late.” He added.

“Ah. I-Is that so?”  I can’t help but stutter. Elk. I feel like I’m eating up my own words.

“Yeah.” He nodded. “Ah, now I know.” I commented.

Then dead silence filled the air between us. I want to ask him about it, but I can’t seem to put the right words together. I don’t want to sound so bothered about it, but the truth is, I am.

What if he says he meant what he said? What should I feel? What should I do?

I don’t even know how to react properly in these kinds of situations.

So I’d rather hear that he didn’t mean what he told me last night.

Atleast I won’t feel so intense like this. And I can just act normal around him.

Oh fudge, I should just ask him now..

“Uhm, Tao.. I was just wondering.” I started.

“Hm?”

“About the thing you said..”

“Y-Yes?”

“D-Did you mean it?” I bowed my head lightly.

In my head I was praying. Please say no. Please.Please. Please..

 

 

Tao was about to say something but was cut off when somebody called my name.

I turned around to look who was calling me. And chills ran all the way thru my spine.

Ow wow, Kang Jia. Great timing out there, Bravo!

Her eyes were scrutinizing me. And for I minute out there, I forgot that I was supposed to be her slave.

She walked over us and smiled at Tao. He greeted him then turned to look at me, of course with her changing attitude in a flash.

“Well hello there my little pumpkin.” She told me with a tone in her voice. “Well, I think we need to have a little chat.” She added.

Do I have a choice? Uh. No.

“Uhm. Jia? It’s Jia right?” Tao said all of a sudden.  Jia turned and faced him.

“Hyun Mi and I are still talking. Is it okay if you talk to her later?”He hollered. In my mind I was like cheering for him for taking a stand. But then Jia looked at me in the corner of her eyes and I knew what she was trying to convey.

“Uhm, Tao. Jia and I really need to talk. Is it okay if we talk later? Maybe after class?” I told him.

He stared at me a little longer then nodded afterwards. “So I’ll see you later okay?” He told me.

“Yes. Later.” I nodded.

Tao took a short glance at Jia before he finally left. And the moment we were finally alone, Jia’s alter ego was able to break free.

She crossed her arms and examined me from head to toe. “Tch. Later.. You must’ve been kidding me.” She scoffed.

“Yah. Kang Jia, what do you want?” I complained.

“Hey. Watch your words carefully. You shouldn’t be talking to your master like that.” She stated.

I rolled my eyes at her. “Oh come on. You’re kidding me right?”

“Kidding?” She laughed. “Do I look like I’m kidding right now?” She asked me.

“Uh. I don’t know. And I don’t care. Just tell me what you want then I’ll do it.” I told her.

“So you’re that excited to know your first task huh?” She infuriated.

“Yes. So please, spare my time and tell me already.” I demanded.

A smirk ran through Jia’s face. “Well if you’re that eager to know..” She started.

“Kim Hyun Mi, I want you to stay away from Tao.”

 

 

 

~END~

(Rain, rain go away. Jebal TT Aigoo. It's been raining nonstop for almost two days. Uh. And I'm getting freaked out for some reason. I wish it could just stop. Some places in our country are already flooded, and by flooded I meant really really flooded. Er, did I make sense? But yeah. I wish it could just stop. Some people have to evacuate their own houses because of it. And we're lucky enough we can still sit here and browse the internet. There's is nothing we can do right now but prayer's can help. =) Sincerely, vanilla_love. )