Surprise visit

Love? What is it?

 

Background Music: Teddy Bear-Lyn

 

>Baekhyun’s POV<

The guys and I went home early today. The day was tiring and all of us just wished we could just drive ourselves to sleep and take a rest.

I wanted to do that too. But something is stopping me.

“Hyung, Hyun Mi isn’t here yet?” I asked Suho hyung who was raiding the refrigerator for some snacks.

He stuck his head out of the refrigerator to answer. “Nope. Not yet.”

I looked at the wall clock. It’s almost time for their dismissal.

I shot up and headed my way towards the door.

“Baekhyun, where are you going?” Chanyeol asked. “To Hyun Mi’s school. I just want to check on her.” I answered.

“But why?” He asked again.

“To make sure she goes home safe. You know she’s an accident prone”

Chanyeol cocked his head to the right. “You got that right! Okay, leave now before anything happens. I think that girl even bought her bike. Gasp. She’s a noob riding that thing.” He remarked. I nodded and promised to come back before the dark.

So I went to her school.

The students were heading their way out of the campus; therefore I assume it was already their dismissal. I saw the guy that drove Hyun Mi to their house the other night already left with many female students trailing behind him. So, he’s popular huh?

I walked inside of the campus and decided to just wait for Hyun Mi inside. I spotted her bike intertwined in a tree near the entrance of the building.

Fifteen minutes passed and still no sign of Hyun Mi. I decided to just roam around and see what the whole school looks like.

I finally spotted her walking all by herself. It somewhat made me feel sad for her. I wanted to approach her, when someone shouted her name off. I thought they were her friends. But what they did next made me grew agitated.

No one could ever hurt Hyun Mi when I’m around. No one…


“Don’t you dare touch her.” I tightly gripped on the bullies arm. If I could only break it trust me I would’ve.

The three bullies widened their eyes at me, shaking. “W-who are you to interfere with our business?!”The leader stuttered obviously taken aback.

I glanced at Hyun Mi and gave her a reassuring smile. “I’m her brother! And you have no right to do this to her! You all should be ashamed of yourselves for messing up with your junior.”

The girl hissed then glared at me. “Your sister is a .”

My fist tightened, I spun her around and made her face me and slammed her against the wall. Everyone gasped at my action, including Hyun Mi.

“Say that once again and I’ll rip your ing brains off.” I threatened her with deep hatred within my word. “Got that?” She gulped and nodded nervously.

I let her free and grabbed Hyun Mi away from the scene. She didn’t say a word and just followed my lead. We stopped walking when the bullies were nowhere out of our sight. I don’t ever want to see their damn faces again. I might have controlled myself earlier, but the next time? I highly doubt it.


“Hyung..” Hyun Mi trailed, looking at the ground as she fitted her fingertips together. Baekhyun spun around and faced her. He looked at her with a frown. “Thanks.” She muttered.

Baekhyun’s face softened and he let out a small sigh. “Hyun Mi-ah, you’re a bully magnet aren’t you?” He pondered.

“You can call it that way.” She answered, trying not to look into his eyes. He chuckled softly and held Hyun Mi’s chin up to face him. “Look at you.” He blabbered. “You’re huge a mess.”

Baekhyun took out a handkerchief from his pocket and started to wipe the paint that the bully threw at Hyun Mi’s face. “Who are they anyways?” He asked as he slowly wipes her cheek. Hyun Mi didn’t answer Baekhyun’s question. She was also in deep thoughts on what have she done wrong to be treated that way. She too was clueless about the reason why she was being hated on. Baekhyun seem to have understood Hyun Mi’s silence and just preceded wiping Hyun Mi’s face without further more questions.

After Baekhyun finished wiping the paint off, He stretched his arms and examined the whole place. Hyun Mi snapped back to her senses and leered at him. “Hyung what are you doing in my school anyways?” She asked.

Baekhyun side glanced at her. “To pick you up.” He answered.

“But I can take care of myself. That’s why I have a pair of legs.”

Baekhyun poked Hyun Mi’s head lightly. “Idiot. I just helped you awhile ago. If I didn’t come earlier you could’ve got beaten up.” He informed her. She nodded. “Oh yeah. Thanks by the way.”

He smiled at her. “You already thanked me awhile ago.”

“Really? I forgot. I’m just...Uhm. I’m really grateful you came here for me.”

 He ruffled Hyun Mi’s hair. “If you’re that grateful, you should come home with me.” Baekhyun said with a warm smile.

It always annoys Hyun Mi when someone touches her hair, but she let it slid off this time. “Arasseo. Let’s go home.” She said with a smile in her face. Baekhyun smiled back.


They arrived at the apartment almost before dinner. Suho greeted Hyun Mi and Baekhyun with a big and brotherly smile. “Hyun Mi! You’re back!”

Hyun Mi was wired up with the long day she just had but still managed to give a small smile to Suho. “Hey hyung. What’s up?” She greeted sounding like a zombie and walked past him. Suho watched her walk away, confused.

D.O, Chanyeol, and Kai were on the kitchen preparing dinner that they ordered from outside. Hyun Mi walked in and grabbed some water from the refrigerator.

“Oh Hyun Mi, we were just about to eat. C’mon, join us!” D.O fussed. Hyun Mi just shrugged. “Thanks hyung, I’m not that hungry.” D.O’s face fell upon sensing Hyun Mi’s gloomy tone.

“But you didn’t eat breakfast this morning. You can’t skip dinner.” Kai added.

“It’s okay. I ate at my school already.”

The three peered at each other. “I’ll just take a shower.” Hyun Mi said and left.

Baekhyun and Suho soon then entered the kitchen.

“Hyun Mi seems to be gloomy today. Did something happen, Baekhyun?” Chanyeol asked.

Baekhyun knew that the guys tend to over react at times, especially Suho. He was uncertain if he should tell them what he had witnessed awhile ago at Hyun Mi’s school. But he thought it might be better if Hyun Mi would be the one to tell them. “No. Nothing.  Not that I know of.”

After Hyun Mi had finished showering, she went to the balcony to breathe some fresh air. She leaned on the railing and heaved out a sigh. Soon after, Baekhyun also came with a cup of coffee in his hands.

“Long day, huh?”

Hyun Mi spun around upon hearing his voice. “Hey. Is that for me?” She asked, eyeing the cup of coffee. Baekhyun handed it to him. “Just to make you feel better.”

Hyun Mi took it and smiled a small one. “Thanks hyung.” She said and took a sip from her coffee without blowing it.

“Be careful, it’s—“

“Ow!” Hyun Mi yelped out loud as she stuck her tongue out. “It’s hot!”

Baekhyun hissed at her. “It’s a coffee. Of course it’s hot.”

Hyun Mi gave him a judging look. “Are you calling me an idiot?” She blustered. He turned and faced her.

“No. Just a klutz.”  Baekhyun murmured with a smirk. Hyun Mi punched his arm lightly. “I heard that!”

He chuckled and took the coffee from Hyun Mi. She was still holding it while Baekhyun was giving some support. He gently blew the steam away from the coffee. “There, much better.”

Hyun Mi realized how she watched Baekhyun blew the coffee with endearment and immediately looked away. “Thanks hyung. But I could’ve done that myself.” She screeched.

“I know. But what can I do? I was born to serve you, Hyun Mi-ah.” He joked.

“What are you? My servant?”  She chuckled.

“Hm. Can be.” Baekhyun shrugged.

Hyun Mi took another sip from the coffee. *It’s warm.* She smiled to herself.

“The guys were worried about you.” Baekhyun suddenly beamed. Hyun Mi gave her a confused look. “Hm?”

“They asked me if something bad happened to you.”

Hyun Mi put the coffee down and looked at the scenery.

“What did you tell them?” She grew agitated.

Baekhyun also spun around and leaned on the railing. “Nothing.”

Hyun Mi was relieved that Baekhyun didn’t mention the drama that he had witnessed just hours ago. It’s not that she wants to hide the truth from them about her being bullied again. She just doesn’t want them to worry about her. Just like what happened last year. The guys would always go check up on her even when she has an ongoing class. Hyun Mi actually felt like she was a burden before to his friends and to his brother just because of her misfortune with socializing.

“Hyun Mi-ah, will you be okay?” Baekhyun asked her with a worried expression plastered on his face.

“If anyone ever bullies you again, just call me. I’ll be right there for you in a flash.” He remarked.

Hyun Mi let out a flattered smile. “There’s no need hyung. I’m not bullied. Those girls awhile ago? They’re nothing. I’m pretty sure I won’t be seeing them anymore since you scared their butts off.” She clamored.

Baekhyun searched in Hyun Mi’s eyes. He could tell she’s only saying that so he won’t worry about her. He got a bit hurt because he felt like Hyun Mi doesn’t trust him in protecting her. But he just let it slid off.

“Okay Hyun Mi, if you say so.” Baekhyun said and peered away.

Hyun Mi suddenly remembered the cake that Tao and her bought from the Hello Kitty café. She excused herself and asked Baekhyun to wait for her. She came back rushing with the cake already set on a plate with two forks in it.

“Hyung, Tadahh!” She beamed and set the cake on the patio. She motioned Baekhyun to come over.

“What’s that? A Hello Kitty cake?!” He screeched with wide eyes. Hyun Mi happily nodded.

“I know. I was surprised when I saw that too! Like, Whoaaaaaa! But hyung you should’ve seen the café that we went too. Gahd, it was hella awesome! You should come with me next time!” Hyun Mi grew excited with her story while Baekhyun shook his head disapprovingly.

“You’re still not over Hello Kitty?” He gawked at the cake. “But it’s cute..” Hyun Mi trailed and looked down to her precious cake.

“Fine. If you don’t want it then don’t eat.” Hyun Mi frowned then took the plate of cake all to herself.

“Who said I don’t want it?” Baekhyun’s brow shot up and also took the plate.

They exchanged glances. “Okay, just like the old times?” Hyun Mi questioned.

“Just like the old times.” Baekhyun assured. They  both stuck their fists and started to do rock paper scissors.

“Kai Bai Bo!”

Hyun Mi drew out a paper while Baekhyun was a rock.

“Hah! I win!” Hyun Mi spat then took a bite from the cake.  Baekhyun frowned at her.  “We were just warming up.” He sniveled. “Mehrong~” Hyun Mi stuck her tongue out.

“Again!”

“Kai Bai Bo!”

“Haha hyung, you lost again! Scissors beats paper.” She mused then took another bite. “Mmm. Yummy.” She teased. Baekhyun pretended to scoff at her, but what he really was doing is to let her win. In the end, Hyun Mi almost ate the whole cake.

*That’s right Hyun Mi. Just smile.*

 

~END~

(Sorry to get your hopes up guys, but it's not Luhan. *bows 90 degrees* I have other plans for Baby Lulu though. Just wait a little more. Hohoho.)