Hello, Hyun Mi.

Love? What is it?

 

(New Fanfic poster. I hope you noticed that. LOL. Thanks to New_East dongsaengie for the poster. It's purdy isn't it?)

 

Background Music: Secretly Secretly-Kara

>Hyun Mi’s POV<

Oh hello there. Still remember me? Yea, Kim Hyun Mi. The most idiotic human being in this planet.

I regret it. Ditching class with Huang Zi Tao, the ninja.

How the hell did I even got up on this wall? I don’t know. And clearly, I have no idea how to reunite myself back into the ground.

I darted my eyes back to Tao. He was fervently watching my next move, observing me. I am no weakling. But I can’t bring my feet to just jump in a 5 feet tall wall. God damn it, why won’t you just help me you idiot?!

“Well.. Are you going down here or not?” He asked with a bored expression.

I looked down at him. “Wait okay?! Don’t rush on me you ding bat.” I scowled at him while he leaned against the wall and folded his arms. He looked at his watch then noted. “We don’t have all day, Hyun Mi. Just jump.”

I glared at him in the corner of my eyes.  If it was that easy I would’ve already jump right? But no. I am too scared to do so. And I wouldn’t want to risk landing on the ground with broken limbs. No man. Just no.

Tao then went to face me and opened his arms. “Jump now. If you’re scared I’ll catch you.”

I rolled my eyes at him. “ please. I’d rather break my leg off.”

He put his arms down then went back against the wall. “Fine. Just stay there forever.” He mumbled.

“Yah yah yah!! I was kidding bro. Just kidding!” I wailed. He hissed then let out a small smirk. He eventually positioned himself in front of me. “I knew you were scared.” He teased.

“Jerk. Just help me go down.” I muttered. He walked closer to me and opened his arms. “When I say jump, you jump okay?” He instructed.

I puffed some air then joked. “Of course I’ll jump when you say jump. What do you expect me to do? Roll over?” He poked my head lightly. “Silly.” I smirked at him then extended my arms. Gee, why does it feel so weird?

“Okay jump!” He snapped. I immediately landed on top of him with a grunt. “Oof!”

Bit by bit I opened my eyes. And Lord God, I swear my heart just skipped a beat.

“See? It was that easy.” Tao hollered. I stared at him with wide eyes.

I shot up when I realized how awkward our position was then dusted ‘my’ shirt. Tao stood up too and did the same. I made a quick glance at him. “Let’s go.” I said then started to walk my way.

He wasn’t finished dusting his clothes when I left.”Gee, thank you.” He muttered sarcastically.


 

Tao and Hyun Mi walked leisurely downtown Seoul with Hyun Mi leading the way. Talking was both nowhere to be found in their dictionary which made the whole atmosphere awkward. They have walked in almost an hour already but no one bothered to say a word to another. Hyun Mi had grew exhausted with all the walking they did which seem to have no direction at all. She suddenly stopped from her tracks which made Tao halter a stop too.

“I’m tired. Where are we going?” She uttered.  Tao blinked at him with innocent eyes.

“Mwoh? I don’t know. I thought you were going to someplace. I was just following you.” He sniveled. Hyun Mi made a face palm. “What? You are the expert with ditching class. I thought you had some place in mind!” She blustered.

Tao scratched his head and smiled sheepishly. “Uh, Sorry. I should’ve asked you where you wanted to go.”

Hyun Mi deeply sighed and waved her hands at Tao. “Arasseo, arasseo.”

Tao eased around and looked all over the place. He had never went out with anyone rather than EXO-M or his family which made it all new to him to be around with Hyun Mi. He felt like he needs to at least make her feel at ease being with him.

“Let’s go over there.” He pointed to a random direction, which he clearly knows nothing about. He led the way with Hyun Mi trailing at his back.

“Are you feeling tired?” He asked her. Hyun Mi lazily nods. “I am. But it’s fine. At least I didn’t play dodge ball.” She replied and smiled a small one.

“It’s better being with me huh?” Tao snickered; Hyun Mi gave him an eye. “Yeah right.” She sarcastically replied. “You bad influence.”

He chuckled. “I am not. I am just being my usual self you know. You should’ve met me before. I’m way much worse.”

Hyun Mi’s brow shot up. “What do you mean worse?”

Tao’s smile wavered. “Nahh, I was only kidding. I don’t usually cut class.  Just to those subjects I really hate attending to.”

“Aigoo. So bad! You shouldn’t cut class just because you don’t want to. You’re wasting your parents money!” Hyun Mi fussed like an omma. Tao looked at him with a weirded expression.

“Oh yeah, I forgot you’re rich.”

Hyun Mi scratched her head. *I doubt this guy knows what the value of money really is.*

“Hyun Mi, so you want to drink coffee?” Tao suddenly asked.

You looked up at him. “Huh? Coffee?” He nodded. “Okay. It sounds good to me.”

“Well, since there aren’t any other café’s near here. Is it okay if we go in that one?” He pointed at Hyun Mi’s back. She twirled around and went wide open.

 

“It’s okay if you want to go to another café. I understand. It’s pink…” Tao screeched, weirded at the Hello Kiity café.

Tao was about to walk away when Hyun Mi firmly gripped on his shirt. “NO. We’re not going anywhere.”She said without turning her gaze at Tao.

“I want to go here!” She chanted happily and skidded inside the café tugging Tao’s arm.

Tao examined Hyun Mi’s expression. She was literally gawking at the place. “Whooooaaaa~ This place is awesome!” She blurted upon entering the café.

Tao gasped out loud then immediately covered his mouth. The color pink was flashing all over the place and he felt like throwing up at the sight. But seeing Hyun Mi excited swept all those thoughts away. He ignored all the pink kittens that were plastered all over the wall and just focused on the cutest thing he could see.

 “Waa, Daebak! I never knew this place ever existed.” Hyun Mi darted her attention back at Tao.

“You like Hello kitty?” He questioned.

“Well, it’s pretty embarrassing to admit. But yes.  I really like Hello Kitty.” She answered then bit her lip.

Tao smiled at her. “Really? I couldn’t tell.” He joked. Hyun Mi slapped his arm playfully. “Silly. Don’t tell anyone about it. It’s our secret.” She clamored. Tao nodded. “Okay. I won’t tell anyone you’re a Hello Kitty freak.”

Hyun Mi glared at him. “Haish..” “Kidding.” Tao added.

Hyun Mi skidded her way towards the counter and scanned the menu. Her eyes feasted at the variety to choose from. Hyun Mi pouted to herself when she can’t decide which one to order. Tao hurdled his way to Hyun Mi and asked what’s wrong. “Dude.  I can’t choose.” She admitted with glistening eyes.

“What? They have a variety of choices. How come you can’t pick any?” He blinked at her.

“Because I want them all, that’s why.” She pouted even more. Tao suddenly felt an urge to pinch Hyun Mi’s cheeks, but he felt it would be really weird to do so.

“Then let’s just have all of it.” Tao announced and was about to tell the waiter when Hyun Mi tugged on his arm.

“No you idiot, I am not that of a pig! I can’t eat all that!” Hyun Mi clamored. 

“It’s okay. You can just bring it at home.” He stated then turned back to the waiter. Hyun Mi tugged on his arm again. “No, no, no! You’re wasting money you mofo! Just buy something normal!” She hissed.

“Okay. Two Coffee Latte then.”

The waiter took the order and asked for them to wait awhile. Just a few moments later, their order came with a small Hello Kitty cake.

Hyun Mi and Tao looked at each other, confused. “I’m sorry, but we only ordered two latte’s.” Tao informed the worker.

“Uh, no sir. This cake is free. We have a special promo for couples.” The worker beamed.

Upon hearing the word ‘Free’ Hyun Mi’s ears perked up.

“But we aren’t da—“ Tao was about to say something when Hyun Mi held his mouth shut. “What are you uttering yeobo? You’re suddenly ashamed of me?” She retorted then gestured Tao to pick his act up.

“Wha-What? Of course not.” Tao uncomfortably muttered. Hyun Mi smiled at the worker. He gave the two of them a confused look.

”Thank you for your service. We’ll take our seats now. Bye.” Hyun Mi said and motioned Tao to leave first with their food.

They sat at the back part of the café which has the least number of customers.

“What was that about?” Tao asked as he sat across Hyun Mi.

“They said they have promos for couples! So we pretended to be one!” Hyun Mi beamed and took a sip from her latte.

“You know we shouldn’t have pretended to be a couple. It was, uh.. awkward.” Tao scratched his head and also took a sip from his latte.

“It’s free! One does not simply say no to freebies!” She butted.

“I could’ve bought you one.” Tao hissed.  “Why bother spend when you could have it free?” Hyun Mi’s brow shot up.

“Okay. You win.”

“Yay.” Hyun Mi pretended to cheer but her face was expressionless. Tao chuckled finding Hyun Mi’s humor adorable.

“How come you don’t act like this at school?” Tao asked, stirring up his latte which also made the latte art disappear.

“Act like what?” Hyun Mi took another sip.

“Like this. High spirited and warm.” He pointed out.  “You’re different at school, do you know that?”

Hyun Mi furrowed her brows. “I act based on my environment. If I’m happy, I can be kind. But when I’m pissed? You wouldn’t want to be anywhere near me. I can be an angel, and a devil at the same time.”

Tao nodded. “Funny. You resemble Luhan gege.” He just had to mention that.

“Really? “

“Uh-huh.”

Hyun Mi nodded and didn’t say anything. “So? You seem to be kind right now. Totally harmless. Perhaps you are…” Tao trailed. “Happy?” Hyun Mi finished his sentence. He smiled.

“I guess so.”

Tao’s smile turned into a small smirk. “Did Hello Kitty made you happy?” He questioned.

“Probably…”

Hyun Mi’s phone started to ring. She took it out from her pocket and looked at the caller I.D.

Park Jihye.

“I’ll just take this call.” Hyun Mi said. Tao nodded in agreement.

She pressed the green button and put her phone against her ear.

“YAH! KIM HYUN MI, WHERE ARE YOU AND HUANG ZI TAO? ADMIT IT YOU’RE WITH HIM RIGHT NOW! OH, . YOU TWO ARE SO DATING!!” Jihye’s voice screeched from the other line.  Too loud for Tao to hear.

“Yah Park Jihye! Stop yelling will you? You , we are not dating!” Hyun Mi slightly covered to lower her voice.

“Oh really? How come you two ditched P.E. class together huh? Tell me. Why?”

Hyun Mi rolled her eyes, annoyed. “Because I don’t want to play dodge ball!” She reasoned.

“That’s it? Dodge ball? You just don’t wanna play dodge ball?” She repeated the word as if it was a scratched C.D.

“Hell to the yes. No dodge ball for Hyun Mi.”

Jihye laughed from the other line. “HAHAHAHAHA. OMFG. Hyun Mi you weakling! Admit it, you just wanted to spend time with him huh?” Jihye boasted.

Hyun Mi groaned at Jihye’s childishness. “No . No.” She grumbled.

“Ooooh. Someone’s gone pissed right now. Right Hyun Mi-ah?” She chanted.

“Uh-huh.”

“Should I hang up now?”

“Uh-huh.”

“Am I disturbing your date?”

“Uh-hh- What? NO!!”

Jihye laughed hysterically. “HAHAHAHA. You two are so cutesy! But sorry to break it to you pal, but you have to go back now. Mr. Kwon is gonna check on us later.” She informed.

“Ow? Okay. Why does he have to?” Hyun Mi asked.

“I don’t know. Maybe he just wanted to ruin your date.”

“I am telling you this for the last time Park Jihye! We are not DATING!”

“Okay, okay. Geez, Relax girl. You’re gonna have a heart attack.”

“If that happens I’m going to haunt you.”

“Then I better hang up before that happens. Bye bye!” Jihye said then the call ended.

Hyun Mi put her phone back to her pocket then shifted her attention back to Tao.

“Hey. Jihye said we should go back now.”

Tao darted his eyes to Hyun Mi as he took his last sip from his latte.

“Uh, why?”

“Mr. Kwon is gonna check later. I don’t know.”

Tao rested his chin at his palms and watched Hyun Mi finish her latte.

“But you haven’t eaten the cake yet.” He muttered.

“Oh yeah. I almost forgot about that.” Hyun Mi’s eyes landed on the cute chocolate hello kitty cake.

“You can just take that home if you want to.” Tao suggested. Hyun Mi nodded happily. “Yes please. I would love too!” She beamed.

Tao called the waiter and asked him to wrap the cake to go. Hyun Mi blinked at Tao a couple of times.

“You’re too kind, Po. Too kind.” Hyun Mi nodded her head slightly. “What? Po?”

“Po. You know that? Didn’t you watch Kung Fu panda?” Hyun Mi snickered.

“I did.”

“You resemble him.”

Tao looked at his self. “Do I look fat?”

Hyun Mi chuckled. “What? No! That’s not it.”

“Then what?”

Hyun Mi leaned closer. “Those eyes, Po. Those things on your eyes.” She pointed out.

The waiter then came and handed Hyun Mi the box of cake. Hyun Mi bowed and thanked him.

“Let’s go!” Hyun Mi called Tao out.


The two had already reached the school without anyone noticing them. Mr. Kwon took the attendance then discussed some matters regarding students who will fail within this semester. Tao got too bored with the discussion and darted his way out with his ninja moves.

Fifteen minutes passed and they were dismissed. Jihye kept on boasting Hyun Mi about the ‘date’ thingy leaving Min Joon clueless. Jia sent her death glares which Hyun Mi just ignored.

The three already left the school leaving Hyun Mi all by herself.

She walked her way out of the building when someone called her name. She turned around and was surprised when splash of paint was thrown at her face. She stood there, amused with the sudden attack.

“Serves you right, you !” The girl said mockingly. She was accompanied with two more seniors.

Hyun Mi’s fist tightened into a ball but she was able to control herself. She has gotten used to bullies.

“What? You won’t even fight back?” Their leader said. Hyun Mi remained frozen.

She stooped closer and eyed her from head to toe. “Tch. I’m obviously prettier than you!” She scoffed.

Hyun Mi couldn’t help but smirk. “What? Pretty?” She just went on her limit. The girl’s eyes widened.

“Unnie, she dare talked back to you!” The other girl chortled. Hyun Mi rolled her eyes.

“Do you actually consider yourselves pretty? Please. You gotta be kidding me.”

The leader pushed Hyun Mi in a wall and cornered her with her skinny arms. “Who do you think you are to talk like that to me, Kim Hyun Mi?” She gritted her teeth with her eyes full of anger. Hyun Mi looked at her straight in the eye.

“I don’t even know you. But you know my name. Then, I must be popular than you are. I’m not wondering though. Girl’s like you, they are eye sore.”Hyun Mi scoffed.

The leader raised her hand to slap Hyun Mi. She didn’t budge and just kept a straight face and waited for her hand. But the slap didn’t happen.  The leader’s hand was caught up by another hand.  Everyone gasped at the unknown owner of the hand. Including Hyun Mi.

“Don’t you dare touch her.” He said in a calm but threatening manner.

 

~END~

 

(Tadahh! Cliffhanger :DD Hohoho. So evil XD Guess who.)