Happy Birthday Part 2

Love? What is it?

 

Background Song: Never Give Up

(LONG CHAPTER AHEAD!!)

The moment Hyun Mi, Suho and Hye Su reached Lotte world, Hyun Mi’s excitement grew bigger. Her eyes widened at every ride she sees. “Hwaa~ So cool.”

Hye Su and Suho were happy seeing Hyun Mi acting like a kid, different from her usual cold self. They noticed her staring at the Gyro drop.

“Oi, Hyun Mi-ah. You want to ride that?” Suho pointed the huge and scary looking ride. Hyun Mi gulped but her eyes were still glued on the ride.

“So.Freakin.Awesome.Hyung.” She said in between her sentences. Suho smiled in content, satisfied that he was able to make her sister happy.

“You like it?” Hye Su asked. Hyun Mi nodded assertively.

“Great! Let’s ride it okay?” Hye Su said and turned to Suho for approval.

“Yeah sure. If that’s what  Hyun Mi wants then it’s fine with me.” He said then  flashed his billion dollar smile. Hye Su started to get her wallet from her bag but Suho stopped her hand in the process. “No. I’m paying it. My birthday remember?” He snickered. “Uh dae. Suit yourself.” Hye Su returned her wallet and scooted over to Hyun Mi. Suho went in line to buy the tickets.

“Unnie. Look! It’s going sideways!” Hyun Mi screeched.

Hye Su looked up to get a full view of the ride. Her insides were in a frenzy. She was never the type to ride those kinds of rides. But since Hyun Mi likes them, she would be glad to ride it as well.

“..I hope we won’t fall. I don’t wanna die young you know.” Hyun Mi muttered.

Suho already got the tickets. The three of them headed to the other line that was leading to the Gyro drop itself. And boy, was the line long.

Hye Su started to stiffen. Whenever the line moves forward, she would hesitate if she would take another step. Suho peered at Hye Su and noticed her whimpering. Hyun Mi was all in her own world, busy spazzing over the rides.

“You okay Piggy? The color seem  to have left your face.” Suho sniveled.

Hye Su straighten herself. “I’m fine.” Her voice cracked due to nervousness.

Suho  raised a brow at her. “No comeback? Wah. That’s totally new.” He boasted. Hye Su rolled an eye at him.

“Oh . “ Hyun Mi suddenly grunted. The two swirled and blinked at her.

“What’s the problem ?” Suho asked her. She was starting to jog in her place. “Hyung I need to go pee!”

“What? But it’s almost our turn!” Suho pointed at the line. “I know. But I can’t take it! I don’t want to wet myself. Hell no, not in the Gyro Drop!” She wailed.

“But-“

“I’m going. Hold the line for me kay?” Hyun Mi said and stormed out of the line leaving the two petrified.

 And it wasn’t that long before it was their turn.  “Next!” The operator called out.

“Ah ahjusshi, could we wait for a second? My sister just went to the restroom.” Suho said in a respective manner. But the ahjusshi was not much of a jolly person. “Then let her fall in line again! It’s not like we’ll just sit here and wait. We’ve got business goin’ here!” He growled. Suho bowed apologetically.

“What are we gonna do?” Hye Su asked Suho.

“We don’t have a choice. We have to ride without Hyun Mi.” Hye Su’s eyes popped with what Suho spoke.

“Bwoh?! I want to wait for Hyun Mi!” She protested.

“Hurry up people! You’re holding the line!” The operator ahjusshi roared again.

Suho was left with no choice and grabbed Hye Su’s wrist pulling her towards the ride.

“Just ride okay?” Suho asked assuringly and buckled Hye Su’s belt.

Hye Su shut her eye and heaved out a deep sigh. “I’ve got a confession to make.” She started.

“I’m afraid of heights…” Her voice trailed in embarrassment. Suho patted her head and smiled. “It’s okay. We’re not gonna fall, trust me.” He again flashed his shiny teeth. Hye Su blinked at him. “You must’ve think I’m a total wimp right now.” She mumbled without facing Suho.

“No. I always knew you weren’t perfect. You’re just human Hye Su. Human’s have weaknesses.”

Hye Su lightly nodded. “You got that right.” She let out a nervous laugh.

“READY?!” The operator called out. Hye Su shut her eyes closed and the ride started to took off.

Meanwhile, Hyun Mi sprinted her way back to the Gyro drop. She almost got lost on her way to the bathroom, but she was lucky enough she figured her way back. She dodged all the people that we’re on her way due to the desperation to ride the awesomely built ride.

But it was no luck. The moment Hyun Mi reached the Gyro drop, it was already starting.

Hyun Mi threw a tantrum in front of the ride, literally. She stomped her feet in frustration and wailed like a kid who dropped her ice cream. People were starting to look at her with puzzled expressions written in their face. A kid even pointed at her and said. “Look! She’s going crazy Mom!”

Hyun Mi’s phone started to ring. She cursed under her breath as she took her phone from her pocket.

“What? What do you want? Can’t you see I’m dying?!” She yelled at the other line without even knowing who the person she was talking to.

“What? Dying? ASDFGHJKLAQSEDRFTYUIOXCVB. Hyun Mi-ah where are you?!!” D.O’s voice screeched from the other line. Hyun Mi could only imagine the look on his eyes. Wide as a flat screen.

“Tell me where you are! I’ll call 911! Quick!” D.O ordered. Hyun Mi could hear the other’s voices in the background.

“Geez people, I was kidding!” she chuckled. Hyun Mi could hear D.O tell the other’s to calm down in the other line.

“Listen Hyun Mi, the other’s thinks your joke wasn’t funny. Count me in as well.” He said in a straight tone of voice.

“Relax, Take a jokehunny. Just a joke.” She laughed again.

“Whatever. Where are you anyways? We went to your house.” He said.

“O really? You used the spare key?”

“Yep.”

“I’m here in Lotte world. Joon Myun hyung’s birthday remember?”

 “Oh yeah. You went to Lotte world!? Without telling us? Unforgivable!” D.O scowled.

“Uh. I didn’t know we were going here either, he just told me this morning.”

“So you mean you forgot your brother’s birthday?”

“Uh-huh.”

“3rd time in a row?”

“Tell me about it.” Hyun Mi rolled her eyes hearing D.O crack up in the other line.
“So where is he now?” He asked.

“He rode the Gyro drop. “

“All by himself?”

“No. With Hye Su unnie. I got left because I needed to go pee.” Hyun Mi pouted at the thought.

D.O Laughed out loud. “HAHAHAHAHA. Loser.” He boasted.

“Ha.ha.ha. Very funny.”

“What? What was that?” D.O said sounding like he was talking to someone else.

“Hyun Mi ah, the other’s are asking where you are right now.”

Hyun Mi studied her surroundings. “Well, I’m in front of the Gyro drop. In front of a fast food restaurant with a scary looking mascot. Why do they ask?”

D.O mumbled something that Hyun Mi couldn’t understand. “…Arasseo? Great! I’m hanging up.” He said then it clicked.  Hyun Mi was left flabbergasted. She wasn’t able to understand half of his sentence.

Hyun Mi pouted to herself and just slumped herself at the bench near her. To avoid boredom, she decided to just people watch and observed the happy couples that were passing by. It was true. Lotte world was mostly filled with couples going on their dates. Hyun Mi felt lost and just stared at her feet.

A moment after, The Gyro drop ride came into an end. Hyun Mi spotted Hye Su and Suho. She waved at them.

“Hyung! Unnie! Over here!” She bounced up.

Hye Su looked drastic but still looked pretty. Her hair was all over her face.

“Well, did you guys have fun?” She sniveled. Both looked at each other.

“It was quite… fun.” Suho’s voice trailed.

“Really? Ah! I envy you! C’mon, Let’s ride it again!” Hyun Mi clamored. Suho and Hye Su’s eyes widened.

“NO!” They both yelled in process.

“I thought I would rip my head..” Hye Su rubbed her head. “Hah. You should’ve seen your face. You’re like Wahhhhhhhh~” Suho imitated Hye Su’s girly shrieks.

“Very Funny, Kim Joon Myun!” Hye Su sniggered then hit Suho’s stomache. “Aw.” He groaned in pain.

Hye Su squared her shoulder’s to regain her composure then turned to face Hyun Mi with a sweet smile. “Hyun Mi-ah, Unnie got hungry. Let’s eat first shall we?”

Hyun Mi pouted but agreed to her unnie’s suggestion.  Both of them marched their way inside the fast food restaurant with Suho trailing behind them. 

“Tch. Girls.. They’re so demanding. And it’s my birthday right? So that means no hitting!” Suho mumbled to himself then walked inside the restaurant as well.

“I’ll be having fries and a large milkshake.” Hyun Mi said, eyeing the menu. “Hyung , what  about you?”

“I’ll just take the same.” Suho chortled then collapsed at the chair.

Hye Su turned to the waiter. “So three fries and three large milkshakes, ma’am?” The waiter confirmed. Hye Su nodded then the waiter left to prepare their order.

Hyun Mi started to poke Suho’s head that was resting in the table. *Pyong~ pyong~* “Hyung are you tired?” She asked him. Suho nodded involuntarily.

“But it’s your birthday; you’re not allowed to get tired.” Hyun Mi informed him. “Am I? Really?” He asked in a dead tone of voice. “Uh-huh.” Hyun Mi nodded.

“Oh awhile ago, the other guys called.” Hyun Mi told him. Suho seemed uninterested.

“Okay. Just lay there hyung. Talk to the table.” Hyun Mi gave up and just let Suho be.

Her eyes started to scan the whole area. Everything seems to be normal when all of a sudden, a familiar figure peered in her sight outside the fast food restaurant.

“Chanyeol hyung?” Hyun Mi squinted her eyes to assure. Another familiar figure joined in. “Kai?!”

She rubbed her eyes to make sure she’s not just seeing things. Indeed, she was right. It was really Chanyeol and Kai!

Chanyeol also saw Hyun Mi and waved at her. He pointed her to Kai while Hyun Mi sat there with mouth wide open.

“What are they doing here?” Hyun Mi furrowed her eyebrows. Hye Su spun to look at who Hyun Mi was referring to. Chanyeol and Kai strode their way towards Hyun Mi’s table. Everyone’s attention shifted to the two guys for their handsome faces.

“Hi.” Chanyeol waved at them. Suho sat up upon hearing the familiar voice.

“Happy Birthday Hyung!” The two of them greeted the dumbfounded Suho.

“Ah, wha- Thank you?” He didn’t know how to respond. Well, they were unexpected so that explains all.

“How did you guys know we’re here?” Suho asked the two as they sat beside Hyun Mi.

“Hyun Mi told us. We called her awhile ago. Didn’t she tell you?” Kai spoke. Suho turned to Hyun Mi. “What? I already told you.” She said playing innocent.

Suho sighed. “I don’t have money. Go pay for your own food Kai and Chanyeol.” He abruptly chortled.

“Whoa easy hyung, we’re not that type. You make us sound like parasites.”Kai chuckled. “Whatever, I’m just telling you early.” Suho stated.

“Only the two of you? Where’s Baekhyun and D.O?” Hye Su asked. “Oh, they’re on their way. They just went somewhere.” Chanyeol answered.

“Wait, I’m just gonna go order something. And don’t worry hyung, we’re paying for it.” Kai stood up then winked at Suho. (LOL. That sounded weird!)

A few minutes later, Baekhyun and D.O also came with a paper bag. All of them gathered and ate happily. Suho didn’t expect his birthday to be like this. His plan was just to spend time with her sister, just a simple birthday. But it all went down to the drain.

“Ah, erm. Suho hyung.” D.O called out his attention. Suho looked back and was surprised to see a birthday cake that came out of nowhere.

“What the?” He looked at them puzzled. “It’s your birthday right? So we bought you a cake. Actually just awhile ago.” Baekhyun confessed.

Suho felt overwhelmed. It was the first time he ever received a cake after their parents left. “Whoa. Thanks guys.” His lips formed into a smile.

“Ah! Just blow the cake hyung!” Chanyeol demanded.

Suho was about to blow the cake. “Wait! Make a wish first!” Hye Su stopped him.

He nodded and did what was told. Let’s just keep the wish secret first okay?

After Suho blew the cake, all of them cheered. No one cared if they were making noises. They were having fun. That was what’s important. Hye Su cut the cake into seven equal pieces.

“Wah, it looks good!” Hyun Mi cheered.

“Ofcourse it’s good! Baekhyun hyung chose it.” D.O muttered. Hyun Mi nodded and gave Baekhyun a thumbs up.  Strawberry. Hyun Mi’s favorite. Baekhyun smiled back at her.He then took the strawberry from his piece of cake and put it into Hyun Mi’s plate.

“Oh? What are you doing hyung?” She asked.

“I’m giving you the strawberry. Why? You don’t want it?” Baekhyun snickered. Hyun Mi shook her head. “Ani. I like it hyung! You know I wouldn’t say no to strawberry.” She smiled.

“Great.”

 


 

After they finished eating, the boys, Hye Su and Hyun Mi rode a couple more rides. It was mostly D.O and Hyun Mi that was leading their way, jumping from place to place.

First they went to the Skating rink.  Hye Su was the only one who can skate in a decent manner. Kai and Baekhyun were fine, but the rest? They were like fish out of water. But at least D.O and Suho tried to move a little. Unlike Chanyeol and Hyun Mi who were just glued at the corner.

Time passed by so quickly and it was almost  time for them to go home. They were on their way towards the exit of Lotte world when Hyun Mi spotted a gift shop. She stopped in her tracks and excused herself from the group.

She went inside the shop and was greeted by a sweet ahjumma.

The store was filled with plushies and some souvenirs.

Hyun Mi thought of a good gift to give to her brother.  She feels guilty for doing nothing special for his birthday. Hye Su was the first to greet him, then the guys bought him a cake. She felt useless and ungrateful.

Her eyes scanned the whole store looking for the perfect gift, when she spotted a panda key chain.

Someone run past through her mind. I’m sure you all knew by now.

She felt odd because she’s suddenly having an urge to buy the key chain. She shrugged it off and just continued to look for Suho’s present.

“Aha! This could work eh?” Hyun Mi smiled to herself.

“Are you taking that honey?” The ahjumma asked her. She nodded.

The ahjumma then took the item and put it in a cute bag. She noticed Hyun Mi eyeing the panda key chain. “Ah, Do you like that too?” She asked.

“Hm?”

“The panda key chain. Actually they come in pairs. You could give that to your boyfriend sweetheart.” She told her. Hyun Mi bit her lip. “I don’t have a boyfriend.”

The ahjumma took a closer look at Hyun Mi. “Really? What a shame.” She sniveled.

“But I’m taking it. It’s… cute.” Hyun Mi smiled and paid all the items she bought.

 


 

Hyun Mi and Suho finally reached their home. It was a tiring day indeed.

“Hyun Mi go to sleep now, you have school tomorrow.” Suho said as he removes his shoes.

“Ah but hyung I have to give you uhm... something” She stated then handed him the gift.

“What’s this?” Suho looked at it with scowling eyes.  He could just not simply believe it. Hyun Mi giving him a gift was once in a blue moon.

“A gift dumbo.” She retorted. Suho blinked an eye at her. “What? Don’t look at me like I have twelve heads!” She snap.

Suho smiled sheepishly. “Aigoo. Thank you Hyun Mi ah!” He said and hugged her little sister. Hyun Mi yelped on Suho’s sudden grab. “Ack! Hyung.. I can’t breathe!” She shrieked. Suho let her go and stared at the gift.

“It’s nothing special hyung, so don’t over react. I just felt like I’m the only one who did nothing special so yeah.. You get it right? I don’t need to explain. I already bought you a gift!” Hyun Mi scoffed.

Suho turned back to him with a huge grin on his face.  “I’m… touched.” He wept.

“Oh my god. Hyung you’re so melodramatic!” She laughed at him. “But-“

“I’m sleeping now hyung. Open the gift later when I’m nowhere in sight. Got it?” Hyun Mi said. Suho nodded in agreement. “Deh. I will treasure this. Hyun Mi’s first gift to me!” Suho chirped.

Hyun Mi went upstairs to her room. And at the same time, Suho started to open the present.

It was a..

.

.

.

.

Piggy bank?

Suho didn't get Hyun Mi's gift at first. Then he saw a piece of paper attached to it. 

It was a letter actually.

It read.

"Oi, Suho hyung. Happy Birthday! Puahahaha. You're getting old! You need to start drinking some vitamins from now on. Nae? You still need to take care of me.  To us more specifically. So don't get married any time soon.  If you're gonna date anyone tell me okay? I should be the first one to know. Kekekekeke. Is it random? I don't care. Do you know why I gave you a piggy bank? So you can save for your next birthday. Tick! So that next time you won't go 'pay for your own food' to the guys. Hehehehehe. That's all I wanted to say. I'm probably sleeping right now, so you should too. We got school tomorrow. I'm sure that what's you said awhile ago since you always always tell me that."

Suho smiled upon reading the letter. "Really, that girl." He shook his head.

He can now consider this as his best birthday ever.

 

~End~