Absence and the unexpected matters

Love? What is it?

 

Yesterday was.. Uh, I don’t know how to describe it. Y’all get it right?

And I bet you all know that I’m somewhat an anti-social. Isn’t it obvious? I only choose the people I talk to. Only to the people I feel comfortable with. And it’s actually quite surprising because I felt that towards Tao.

So what now? I have no idea on how to act towards him.

I closed up my locker after getting all my textbooks.  Sigh. Another crowded morning in the hallway.

Everyone was busy chatting with their friends. And me? You’ve guess it.

I’m still forever alone since Jihye and Min Joon are hanging out with the witch.

I walk lifelessly in the busy hallways of our school with a gloomy expression in my face.

Then they came. The six flower boys.

Just like the usual, people made way for EXO-M to pass through. There like some royalty or whatever. Girls were swooning over how handsome they are. And if I was normal, there might be a chance that I would too. But too bad I’m abnormal.

The six guys walk pass through me. I stood there emotionless as ever. I looked at Tao. He looked at me for a quick second and then looked away immediately. Uh, okay.

Then my eyes went off to Luhan. He didn’t see me. And I don’t even know if he barely remembers me. But I caught myself smiling for a moment. Hm. It’s funny. The things that this school does to me.

I walked my way into the classroom and was greeted by Min Joon. Jihye was there too. But she was sleeping at her desk. Aish..

“Hyun Mi-ah, goodmorning.” He smiled. I tapped his shoulder and smiled back. “Morning,”

I scanned our classroom and something glorious just struck me. “Jia’s not here?” I asked Min Joon.

“Uh yeah. She’s currently sick at the moment so I told her to just stay at home.” Min joon told me.

Oh good lord, thank you. A day without that girl is worth celebrating for. Wohooo!

“That’s good then.” I suddenly spat. I immediately slapped my own mouth after realizing what I just said. But it was a good thing Min Joon didn’t hear it.

Tao entered the room unnoticeably. Tch. Ninja.

My eyes followed him until he took his seat. Min Joon noticed I wasn’t really paying attention at him. “HELLO? EARTH TO HYUN MI?  You still there?” He waved his hands in my face.

I came back to my senses. “Eh?” I snapped.

Min Joon shook his head at me. “Uh-oh. Someone’s been eyeing the panda.”

I rolled my eyes at him.

“You know its dangerous getting too close to him, Hyun Mi.” Min Joon warned.

I know that. And I know how it feels of being avoided too.

Our teacher walked inside. I went and sat at my chair and so did Min Joon.

Tao glanced at me which made me look at him too. Uh, Am I supposed to say something to him? I don’t know. I’m not good at these communicating stuffs. I just looked at him and he looked back at me. Just like a staring competition. But no one won because we both ended up laughing at our awkwardness.

Don’t worry, it’s not that loud. It was almost like a chuckle. I’m still aware that people are keeping an eye on me. Min Joon being one of them. He again shook his head at me with a hissing sound.

I mouthed him a ‘what’ from a distance. What is it really?


Lunch break.

The siblings invited me to eat with them which I gladly accepted. We were chatting as we eat. And I’ve got to admit, I had fun hanging out with them. Their relationship is really cute, unlike me and Suho hyung. If every day were like this I might have hung out with them more often. But too bad it’s only because Jia’s not here at the moment.

I was smiling. Wow there, surprise. I rarely smile. Jihye was amazed at the fact that I can also smile. LOL, Am I that grumpy?

“Hyun Mi-ah, you seem to be happy? Is there any reason behind it?”She asked me.

Actually yes I am happy. Because for once, I felt like I belong here.

“Is it because Jia’s not here to annoy you?” I widened my eyes on what Min Joon spoke.

What? How the hell did he knew about that?

The two of them looked at each other and smiled mischievously.

“Surprised? You thought we wouldn’t notice it eh?” asked Min Joon.

I blinked a couple of times. “Uh, Am I that bad at acting?”

Jihye shook her head. “Ani. It’s just that we already know Jia’s real personality. She doesn’t know we knew about it already. Actually we’ve been watching you two for awhile now.”Jihye told me.

“Hold on a second. So you two knew about Jia’s double personality all along? Wahh. Am I the only person she acts this way to? And I have no idea why she’s acting that way towards me.” There were lots of questions forming in my head right now.

“Hm. Maybe. And the reason? We’re not sure yet, but we’re guessing it’s about Tao.”Jihye responded.

“What? I knew it! And that’s okay with you Min Joon?” I asked him, he shrugged.

“Well, there’s nothing I can do right? I already knew beforehand that Jia likes him. But it’s okay. Tao doesn’t seem to have interest in girls anyways so I just let it pass.”

I mean, seriously Min Joon? Why so low? I don’t get it really.

“You guys confuse the out of me, really.”

Wow, these people are really something. How the hell did they stand Kang Jia? Especially Min Joon. I must applaud him for sticking with Jia even though he knows her ugly side. That’s really cool, but too cheesy. Maybe that’s just like that when you really love a person. You still love them despite his or her flaws.

Oh what the hell. Love talks? Screw that. I’m not a romantic type of person. It makes me want to gag, really.

After we finished eating I received a text from Hye Su unnie stating,

“Dongsaeng-yah, have you been wearing the bracelet I bought you? Unnie wants you to wear it everyday okay?”

That’s what it said. Uhm. What seems to be the point of wearing jewelry? Jewelries are for girls.

Duh, Hyun Mi you are a girl.

Argh whatever. If it’s that’s important to Unnie then might as well wear it. It’s common courtesy after all.

Classes ended soon. Jihye and MinJoon told me they would go visit Jia. I didn’t bother tagging along. Just like the usual, it’s only me and myself. Tao already left hours ago.

I heard something ringing. It was coming under Tao’s desk. I ducked under the table and found a phone. I’m sure it was his since he always use it when he’s bored in class.

Someone’s calling. I doubt for a moment if I should answer it or not, but ended up answering it.

The number was not saved so I have no clue on whose calling.

“Tao, where are you?” A male voice asked from the other line.

“H-hello?” I shakily said. The guy from the other line sounded surprised.

“Ah, sorry. Is this Tao’s phone I’m calling. Oh no. Did I dial the wrong number?”He butted.

“Ani. This is Tao’s phone. I think he forgot it here in the classroom.” I answered.

“Oh. Did he left already?”The guy asked.

“Uh, I think so.”

“Are you his friend?”

“Hm. Maybe.”

“Can I ask you a favor?”

I thought for a second. 

“Oh, okay. I’m not in a hurry anyways.”

“Great. Can you bring over his phone here? We're here in EXO-M’s lounge.”

 

~END~

 

(Ooohhh. What's gonna happen?)