Never a celebration

Love? What is it?

 

Background Song: Give up-G.na

 

>Hyun Mi’s POV<

It was dead silent walking in the hallways with Min Joon.

I understand him, surprisingly. Although I haven’t been in any form of a romantic relationship, I kinda get what he’s feeling right now.

He’s crushed. I know that.

How could anyone throw a two year relationship that easily? The time and the effort that was exerted by Min Joon for the relationship to keep sailing, it all went down the drain.

It was a one sided relationship after all.

--

We met with Baekhyun hyung outside. I introduced them to each other, and then told hyung about what I just witnessed, secretly. Of course, I don’t want Min Joon to feel bad.

 As expected, Baekhyun hyung understood enough and he felt sympathetic towards Joonie.

On the other hand,  Min Joon  was trying his best to flash a smile at us and act like it was all nothing. We responded with the same actions, trying to drag his attention away from what just happened. Making him laugh or smile even if we look foolish. Just some simple remarks and he would laugh. That’s where I noticed he was not his usual self.

He laughed at my lame joke. Oh hey, surprise there. Min Joon was always the sarcastic one.  And him laughing at my fail comedic statements surely is un-usual.

“So where are we gonna go?” Min Joon asked, still wearing his fake smile.

I was caught tongue tied. Actually, I have no place in mind right now. I only asked Min Joon to come with us so he wouldn’t feel sad, and alone.  Er. Fudge..

I elbowed Baekhyun hyungs stomache for back up. I’m sure he can cover up for me.

“Er.. Actually, Hyung was telling me some place just awhile ago. Right Hyungie?” I looked at Baekhyun hyung with pleading eyes. Jebal, hyung. Please back me up.

“Uhm. I did?” He fussed. I widened my eyes at him. “Ah, Yes, Yes! Now I remember!” He laughed at himself.

He rubbed his chin and started to think of a place. “Hm. Let’s see.. What’s that place called again?” He said to himself. I rolled an eye at him.

“How about we go to Noraebang?”  Min Joon bluntly suggested.

Baekhyun hyung and I exchanged glances. “Uh. Noraebang?” I scratched my head. Min Joon  nodded.

“Yeah. Can we?”

I was weirded at Min  Joon’s suggestion. I mean, Holla~ That was so random of him.

I looked at Baekhyun hyung and ask him using our telepathy if it’s okay if we go. Yeah, Hyung and I have that kind of connection. We can read each other’s mind. He nodded in agreement.

“Oh okay..”

--

We arrived at the Noraebang with Min Joon leading the way. His lips we’re sealed the whole time, perfectly quiet.

The ahjumma greeted us sweetly and led us to one of the rooms.

It was spacious. And bright with flashing lights everywhere. Ugh. Who am I kidding, it’s very bright.

--

Hours have passed and Baekhyun hyung and I have gone exhausted with all the singing we had. Well duh, it’s like just the two of us the whole time. I was annoyed at the fact that we wasted time trying to cheer up Min Joon, when clearly he’s mind is off to someplace. I wanted him to have fun. And what he’s doing right now is the opposite of it.

You wanna know what he’s doing? He’s staring blankly at his phone. Waiting for some magical spell to occur and all of a sudden, Jia would call him and take him back.

That’s pretty much my guess.

“Hyun Mi-ah, you okay?” Baekhyun hyung suddenly whispered in my ear, taking a break from his song.

I smiled at him meekly. “Yeah hyung. I’m just… tired.” I reasoned out.

He blinked at me then replied. “If you’re tired then let’s go home.”

“But Min Joon-“

“He’ll feel much better once he got the time to think things out.” He answered. I warily looked at Min Joon who was in a daze. The guy looks bummed.

“Min Joon-ah.” Baekhyun hyung called him out. I nudged him to stop talking, but he wouldn’t. “Is it okay if we leave now? It’s getting kinda late.” He told him, Min Joon looked at us then thought for a second.

“Sure. Of course it’s okay. I’m a little drained too.” He beamed still with the plastic smile.

“See?” Baekhyun hyung chortled. I made a face at him.

 

We bid goodbye to Min Joon the moment we left the Noraebang. Sighs.

It was all useless: Trying to cheer him up.

I hate seeing Min Joon like that. It makes me go uneasy and all irked up. I’m really not used to it.

Baekhyun hyung and I rode the bus on the way home. The bus we rode barely has passengers so Baekhyun hyung and I sat separately. I let out a deep deep sigh wishing all my frustrations would all disappear magically.

“Problem?” He asked me.

“Nah, I’m just worried about Min Joon. I wanted to cheer him up, but it looks like we failed. “I answered.

“That can’t be helped Hyun Mi-ah. We can’t force him to be happy when clearly he’s not. Especially if we’re not the one he needed to cheer him up.” I furrowed my brows at his reply.

“Give him some time, maybe a month or two. It can’t be rushed though. Letting the person you love go is not an easy thing to do after all. ” He noted.

“It’s all that Jia’s fault! She has no soul! She’s lucky enough I had tamed myself awhile ago. Oh, she’s so gonna pay next time I see her.” I said, with the most diabolical manner I could get.

“I don’t think it is her fault. It’s probably the best thing she could do. Min Joon will only hurt himself even more if he hanged on with a one sided relationship.”

I scratched my hair in frustration. “Aigoo! Why is it so complicated?!”

“Hm. What’s complicated?”

“The love! That’s what’s complicated. Gee, hyung. I abhor that thing!” I groaned.

“Hyun Mi, it’s not a thing. It’s a feeling.” Beakhyun hyung professed with a smirk  in his face.

“It’s nonsense, irrational and perfectly ridiculous hyung. I want nothing to do with it! I mean, how do you know so much about these things?”

Baekhyun hyung paused for a brief second. “Let’s just say I had experienced these things.”

I rolled an eye at him. “Tehee hyung. Now you’re a love genius. How about you tell me how it feels like.” I told him sarcastically.

“I would love too.” He joked back.

~END~

 

(Define Sleepy- Uhh. Me. O___O)