The Bet

Love? What is it?

 

Background Music: Shady Girl-Sistar

 

>Hyun Mi’s POV<

“Incoming!” One of my classmates yelled, as the ball came towards my way. We we’re playing volleyball for our P.E. class.

Instead of hitting the ball back to our opponent. I made a quick duck and cover to avoid getting any contact with the ball. My team mates growled with disappointment with my idiotic move.

“Hyun Mi, what was that?! You were supposed to hit the ball back!” My team mate argued. I replied to her with an apologetic face even though I really did it in purpose. “Sorry, I wasn’t paying attention. I’ll try to hit the ball next time.”

“Uh, Yeah right whatever..” She scratched her hair in frustration and then left.

*Blee. Mehrong~* I stuck my tongue out the moment she turn her back.

“Real mature out there.” Someone cackled behind me. I spun to look who the speaker was and disappointment took all over me.

“Oh, it’s you.” I frowned at Kang Jia. What a coincidence. We’re on the same team.

“Enjoyed the show yesterday?”  She chattered as we go to back our positions. “Hm. Yeah. I’m happy you two broke up. You do not deserve Min Joon.” I told her.

“Yes, you’re right. I deserve someone better. Don’t you think?” She raised a brow at me.

I hissed at her reply. This is really full of herself, Isn’t she? “Oh Jia. You make me laugh sometimes.” I replied to her sarcastically then left. I made a quick glance at Min Joon who was watching our game by the bleachers. He was again lost in his own world. But when he realized I was looking at him, he immediately flashed a small smile.

“Tch.” Jia scoffed.

---

I tried to focus on the game just to ignore the girl. But it was no help at all.

I know it; she’s really an attention seeker.

It’s like she wants to own the ball. Geez. Yes, Jia is a good volleyball player and I acknowledge that. But letting your team mate’s touch the ball at least once wouldn’t hurt right? She’s really greedy. And no, I’m not complaining because I wasn’t given a chance. I’m actually happy I have to do nothing with the game. It’s just that, my team mates. I noticed they’re starting to get pissed with Jia always the one scoring for our team.

“SCORES!” the cocky Jia beamed after she jump spiked the ball leaving our opponents with no chance.

Everyone praised her athletic skills with amusement. Me? please. I am no sporty dude.

“Beat that Hyun Mi.” She mused at me.

Huh. Show off all you want girl. As if I give a damn.

“But I doubt it. I bet you can’t even serve a ball.” She murmured. I gave her a look.

“I bet I can.” I told her confidently.

“Ohh~ Show it to me then.” She handed me the ball. All eyes landed to us now, waiting for me to take the ball from Jia’s hands.

“No thank you. I wasn’t born to please you, Kang Jia.” I sternly stated. “Admit it. You can’t serve a ball.” She glowered.

“I told you I can. I just don’t wanna waste my energy on useless stuffs. Besides, I don’t want to take the spotlight from you. Man, I’m sure you don’t like it that way, right?” I raised a brow at her. She pretended to smile sweetly since everyone was watching us. “Okay Hyun Mi. I won’t force you then.” She said with a smirk plastered in her face.  She’s playing Angel and Devil once again.

The whistle was blown signaling for the next half of the game. We returned to our positions. Jia and I side by side.

“Let’s take a bet, Hyun Mi.” She told me. “See that?” Jia pointed at the scoreboard.

“If you beat my score, you can ask me to do anything for a week.”

Part of me was debating whether I should listen to her or not. But I ended up listening in the process.

Making Kang Jia a slave seems legit. “But what if I can’t?” I asked her.

“Then you’ll do everything I want you to do.” She stated, still with a devious smirk.

I was certain that I can beat her score since there is still one set left before the game ends. We we’re winning anyways. Jihye was on the other team, and I know she’s a wimp. Perhaps, I can use her to win from this bet. Lels. I’m evil, nae?

“Touche. I’m on it.” I told Jia. “So it’s game on?” Her smirk grew bigger.

“You got that right, Slave.” I gazed at her. “Don’t get your hopes that high. There’s no way you could beat me.”

“Quit yapping. The game is about to heat up.”

---

Just as I said, the game was eventful. Actually, it became a two man game. Er, or was it supposed to be called two women’s game? It’s weird to call it that way.

 Well, as I was saying, the game got really intense. Due to Jia’s greediness for the ball, and me trying to score as much points as possible, it became chaotic. And the desire to win was both in our eyes. Yes, I want to beat Jia’s up even though we we’re on the same team.

Just like I told you, Jihye was a real wimp from head to toe. So I always make it a point to let the ball land on her side so that she can’t return it. I’m not picking on her in particular; it’s just that I know I will be able to gain points in that way. I was being gentle though. And everyone got surprised at the fact that I can play volleyball in a decent manner too.

The game is soon gonna end, and I’m confident enough that I would win. It’s just one point left. I can so get that point.

Jia and I exchange glances, our adrenaline were both rushing. “Oh hey. One more point to go.” I .

“Oh hey. I doubt you can make it.” She replied then frowned at me.

The ball was coming to our way, the both of us immediately took action. But Jia was seconds ahead of me so she was able to hit the ball back to our opponent. Jia was at no luck to score, for they had returned the ball immediately. Just a few more seconds and the game will come to an end. I must take action.

I jump swiftly with all my might when the ball came my way and attempted for a spike. I thought I succeeded in doing so. But I think I spoke too soon. Just like what I did moments ago, I aimed for Jihye. But now to my surprise, Jihye was able to return the ball back. We we’re all stunned for we didn’t expect that to happen. Then it hit me.

“Game’s over! Team 1 wins!” Our teacher announced our team’s victory. Everyone cheered with glee while I was left there, stunned at the moment.

“How the hell did that happen?!” I asked myself with bewilderment. Jihye strutted her way towards me and nagged at me for always picking on her. I stood there frozen. And I could tell Jia was prying on me with the corner of my eyes.

“Yah, Kim Hyun Mi. Earth to Hyun Mi. Yoohooo~” Jihye waved her hands in my face.

“GAH! HOLY MOTHER OF BROCCOLI! WHAT HAVE I GOTTEN MY SELF INTO?” I shrieked in horror.

“Huh? What do you mean?” Jihye furrowed her brows at me.

“I’M DOOMED.” I told her with my eyes about to pop out as I grip her shoulders tightly.

Seriously. I. AM. DOOMED. SO SO SO DOOMED.

~END~

 

(Ayo Wassup lovely readers?! I apologize for taking years to update. I bow to you, 90 degrees. College life had been ASDFGHJKL. You get it, right? Hohoho. I'm gonna try  my best next week to keep the updates, Erm. Fast. How's that sound? I know waiting . Kekeke. And I love you guys to  much to keep  you all waiting. ^^ Violent reactions anyone? I'm sure Jia will be flooded with em. XD)