EXO-M

Love? What is it?

Background Music: Cupid- Girl's Day

Hyun Mi arrived at the address that she was told. She thought it was really odd of her to actually agree to a stranger. She knows it’s dangerous to actually go to a stranger’s pad. But then again, she felt that it was just fine. Besides, what could go wrong? It’s just EXO-M.

Hyun Mi rang the doorbell to EXO-M’s fancy looking apartment. She stood outside uncomfortably, clutching Tao’s phone in her sweaty palms. She bit her bottom lip when nobody seems to be answering to open the door for her.

Aish. I should’ve have went here in the first place. She thought to herself and was about to walk away.

The door swung open, Hyun Mi spun back and saw a head poking out on the doorways.

“Dae? Are you Tao’s friend?” One member from EXO-M questioned her. His face was flushed just like a bun and raised a brow at Hyun Mi.

Hyun Mi stumbled. “Uh nae.”

The guy smiled at him and opened the door widely for Hyun Mi to enter. “Come on in.”

Hyun Mi took a step back and waved her hands in disagreement. “Aniyo, there’s no need to. I just drop by to give this to you.” She handed him Tao’s phone. But instead of taking it, the guy held Hyun Mi’s wrist.

“Ani. You have to come in. The other’s wanted to meet you. You are Tao’s friend right?” He chortled.

“Um. I don’t know. Maybe?” Hyun Mi retorted. “You go ask him.” She added.

The guy smiled at Hyun Mi’s quirkiness. “You’re funny.” He commented, Hyun Mi just blinked at him in a dramatic motion.

“You have to come. Okay? We won’t harm you. Really.” The guy added as if he read Hyun  Mi’s mind.

“I know. You don’t look harmful.” She spat, looking at him from head to toe. The guy just chuckled and motioned Hyun Mi to come over.

The moment they stepped inside, Hyun Mi can’t help but gawk on how huge their apartment is. Their living room is the same size as our whole house! She noted to herself.

    

 

“She’s here guys! Maknae’s friend!” The guy announced to the other members who are busily chatting with each other.

Hyun Mi bowed her head lightly. The other 2 guys shifted their gaze at her.

“Aye.” Hyun Mi raised her right arm slightly and greeted the members. The two looked at each other and smiled.

If I remember correctly, EXO-M has 6 members right? But I only remember Tao and Luhan. Which are both nowhere near my sight. These three guys? I have no idea what their names are. And there is still one who’s missing. Hyun Mi told herself.

One of the guys stood up and walked towards her. Hyun Mi studied his face, but all she can come up with is unicorn.

“Hello.” He smiled a little. Hyun Mi blinked a couple of times. No, actually, Hyun Mi blinked a lot.

“I’m Lay.” The guy said and extended his arms towards her. Hyun Mi just stared at his hand and then, again with the blinking. It’s too formal. Hyun Mi thought but still shook Lay’s hand. “Hyun Mi.” She answered.

“Hyung, is that even necessary?” The other guy asked Lay. Lay smiled at the guy and replied, “I think so. I bet she doesn’t know your name either.”

“That’s funny hyung. She goes to our school. Of course she knows our names!” The guy said then turned to Hyun Mi. “Right Hyun Mi-ssi?”

The three of them anticipated for Hyun Mi’s answer. “To be honest, I don’t know any of your names. Sorry..” She said almost in a whisper. Lay smirked while the two were left flabbergasted.

“See?” Lay chortled. The bun guy looked at Hyun Mi with disbelief. “Wahh. Hyun Mi-ssi, I can’t believe you.” He said then pointed to himself. “Me? You don’t know my name?” He asked, Hyun Mi shook her head slowly then the guy did an epic face palm.

“How is that even possible?” Bun guy asked.

Lay smiled at Hyun Mi and asked her to take a sit at the sofa. The three other guys sat as well, sitting across Hyun Mi.

She sat there uncomfortably, mainly because bun guy was staring at her immensely.

“I can’t believe it.” Bun guy said to Lay and the other guy.

The other guy turned back his attention to Hyun Mi and asked her. “Hyun Mi-ssi, do you know about EXO-M?” Hyun Mi nodded. “Yeah. You guys.”

“Then how come you don’t know our names?” He added.

“Because… I’m..forgetful. Sorry!” Hyun Mi trailed.

“Aw. You are the first person to say that to us!” Bun guy chuckled. “You’re really funny.”

Hyun Mi’s face distorted. “I’m Xiu Min.” Bun guy said. “Chen.”  The other added.

“Ah nae. Nice meeting all of you.” Hyun Mi bowed. Awkward kid is sprouting, acting all formal and .

She started to fidget, wondering how to act towards these guys. “Uhm. I was wondering..” She started.

The three guys looked at her. “Can I go home now? It’s just really weird ya know?”

“Weird? What weird?” Chen asked. “Uhm, the fact that I’m here in this apartment. Fangirls would kill me if they find out I went here. Really.”Hyun Mi patted the sofa. “I really feel out of place right now. I just went here to give this to you guys.” She continued and handed them Tao’s phone.

Wow, she’s really straightforward. Lay thought to himself.

“Don’t feel that way. We’re all friends here right?” Xiu Min assured and smiled. Hyun Mi blinked. “I don’t know. Are we?” She chuckled.

“You are Tao’s friend. So that means you’re friend too.” Lay answered.

“I told you awhile ago right? I’m not sure if I’m his friend.  I answered you maybe, because really, I don’t know.” Hyun Mi defended.

“Does he talk to you?” Chen asked. Hyun Mi nodded. “Great, that means he’s your friend.”

Hyun Mi gawked at them. “That’s just the reason? Because he talks to me? Then he already considers me as his friend?” Hyun Mi asked in between sentences.

“Yeah, pretty much. Tao doesn’t talk to just anyone. He’s picky. If he talks to you, that means he likes you. “Xiu Min answered.

Oh. Okay.

“That’s just weird you know that?” Hyun Mi chirped. Xiu Min, Lay and Chen smiled.

Lay stood up from the couch, “Guys, I’m just gonna make some tea. Hyun Mi-ssi, stay here okay? Kris hyung and Tao will come home in just a few minutes. You can chat with Xiu Min hyung and Chen for the mean time.”He said. Hyun Mi just shrugged.\

 

>Hyun Mi’s POV<

Oh wow. After conversing with the two EXO-M members I have found out that they are actually quite normal human beings after all. Well, not that I consider them abnormal or a bunch of aliens. It’s just that they look way to perfect when you first see them but actually getting to know them? They’re okay-ish.

Xiu Min is one funny guy.  Chen is somewhat normal. And Lay? He’s just nice and well mannered.

I actually thought that these guys are those cocky types. Turns out I was wrong.

They are just a bunch of normal Korean dudes who just happen to be all rich and fabulous.

Lay walked inside the living room with a tray in his hands. After putting the tray on the table, he sat and poured us some tea. Wow, it’s really fancy. Feels like I’m in those dramas.

Lay handed me my cup, I bowed and thank him. See that? I’m that respectful.

Just a couple of minutes passed, the door swung open. Then the really tall guy came in. I’m sure he was Kris. Since he’s the only one I hadn’t met yet. The 3 guys greeted him. He looked at me for a brief second. I was unsure if I should greet him or not. Well, he looks like an angry bird. Why are you frowning at me?

“Kris hyung? Where’s Tao?” Xiu Min asked.

“He just parked his motorcycle. He’ll be here in a couple of minutes.” Kris said and walked towards the couch. He sat across me, beside Lay.

“She is?” He asked lay, pertaining to me.

“Tao’s friend.” He replied. Kris looked at him with a WTF face.

Xiu Min butted in. “I know Kris. I was that shocked too. Tao has a friend, besides us? Shocking!”

Really? So Tao is anti-social as well? LMAO thank God I’m not the only one.

Kris stared at me for awhile. “Hello. I’m Kris.” He spat.

“Uh. I know.” I mumbled. Chen and Xiu Min retorted. “How come you know him?”

I took a sip from my tea and answered. “Because he’s tall.” I abruptly said.

“Hyun Mi ssi, that didn’t make sense.” Chen snickered.

Meh. That’s Hyun Mi for you.

The door flung open once again. This time it was Tao. Come to think of it. Where the is Luhan?

“Hey Tao! Look! Your friend is here!” Chen announced the obvious. “What fri-“Tao got shocked after noticing my presence. I immediately stood up and met eyes with him.

“Eh? I just. Uhm.. Er.” I tried to say but nothing came up.

“You left your phone dumbo.” Xiu Min suddenly spat. “Uh yeah. That’s what I’m trying to say.”

Tao nodded and took his phone from Xiu Min. “Thank you.” He told him.

“Why are you thanking me? Hyun Mi was the one who brought it here.” Xiu Min nudged my arm.

“Then, thank you Hyun Mi.” Tao shifted his gaze to me. I nodded. “No problem.” I looked in a different direction. I saw Chen elbowed Lay and whispered. “They are so awkward.” I heard it, but he didn’t seem to notice.

“Why don’t you two sit down?” Kris asked the both of us. I waved my hand warily. “I don’t think that’s necessary Kris ssi, I think it’s already time for me to go.” I told him.

“Why so soon? Tao and I just arrived. And Luhan isn’t here yet.”

Exactly my point. Luhan might arrive sooner or later. I’m still embarrassed at my actions back there at the music store. I just wish I could undergo plastic surgery and change my face. I wish he already forgot about that.

“Ani. It’s running a bit late and I’m afraid my hyung, er, I mean brother would kill me.” I stated.

“Oh is that so?” Chen questioned. I nodded.

“If that’s the case why won’t Tao drive you home?” Lay commented. Everyone’s attention went towards Tao. “Me?” He pointed to himself. “I just got here.” He professed.

“You don’t want to?” Kris raised a brow at Tao. “No. It’s okay. I’m driving Hyun Mi home.” He let out.

“It’s okay. You don’t have to. I can just take a bus.”

“No.” Kris blurted with a frown.

Sigh. Okay. Just don’t look at me like that Kris.

“Okay.”

 

Tao and I arrived at the underground parking lot. I stared at him mockingly.

“What are you waiting for Hyun Mi? Hop in.” He told me as he wore his helmet. He looks like a badass. Ts.

Areyouingkiddingme? Are you expecting me to ride this motorcycle? With you, Tao?

What the?

“I can walk home.”I chortled.  He immediately responded. “No. It’s getting dark.”

“I can manage.” I rolled my eyes at him. “Aish. Hard headed.” He butted. I stick out my tongue at him.

“Wear this.” He handed me a white helmet. “I don’t want to.” I scoffed. “It’s really weird!”

It went on like that. Until a car came and parked in front of us. The driver of the car came out and I gasped outloud.

 “Oh. It’s Luhan hyung.” Tao waved at him. Luhan saw him and walked towards our direction.

Oh fck, I’m screwed.

I immediately took the helmet in Tao’s hands and stuck it in my head. “Huh? I thought you don’t want to wear it?” he asked me.

“I changed my mind.” Tao shrugged at me. Luhan was now in front of us. “Hey.” He greeted Tao.

“Going somewhere?” He asked his friend. “Uh, Nae hyung. I’m driving her home.” Tao said and pointed to me. I abruptly raised my right hand and said ‘hi’.

“And she is?” He asked again. “Kim Hyun Mi.” Tao answered.

“Oh. Kang Jia’s friend right?” Luhan mentioned. Tao nodded.

“Tao.” I nudged at him. “Let’s go. My brother’s gonna kill me.” I told him.

“Oh. Okay. See you later Luhan hyung.”

Luhan nodded and waved goodbye. “Bye Hyun Mi ssi.” He said. I nodded.

I uncomfortably sat behind Tao. Really uncomfortable!

ASDFGHJKL;YSADJSHFKKILLMENOWASAP!

“Hug my waist.” He told me.

“What the ? Why would I do that?”

“So that you won’t fall, silly.”

“No. I’m fine. I won’t hug your waist. Gravity is on my side.” I told him. He shrugged.

“Suit yourself. But don’t say I didn’t warn you okay?”

I nodded. “Yeah. Don’t wooooooooo-“ Tao started to speed up. I squeezed his waist tight.

“What did you say about gravity again?” he chuckled.

“That he hates me. That’s what!” I yelled.

“Right.”He laughed. Uh. Really?

"Tao.." I called him.

'What?"

"Your friends told me. Uhm.. something." I started.

"What is it?" He asked.

"That, er. thatyouconsidermeasafriend."I said without taking a breath.

"What? You spoke to fast."

"I said, DOYOUCONSIDERMEASAFRIEND?"

He thought for awhile, trying to process what I just said.

"Oh. That?" He asked. Although I was facing his back, I knew that he smiled.

"Yeah, that.."

"You? doyouconsidermeasafriend?" He imitated my gibberish language.

"I don't know. Maybe? I don't know much about friendship!" I admitted.

"Really? Me either." He laughed.

"LOL. We're noobs." I joked.

"Yeah." 

 

~END~

 

(TaoMi anyone? *winkswinks* Long chapter? Sorry. >.< BTW. Infinite's MV is out! Are there any Inspirits out there? Hihihi. C'mon let's fangirl! Let's all gather and swoon over 'The Chaser' My eyes are on Myungsoo! ASDFGHJKL SPAZZSPAZZSPAZZ)